Author Topic: Perk Mode  (Read 2561 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
Perk Mode
« on: June 20, 2006, 07:23:22 am »
This IS directly copied from the game Crimsonland (you can d.l the trial version here:  http://arcade.reflexive.com/downloadgame.aspx?AID=9&CID=4341)
In this game, after so many points (points are primarily gained from killing) you gain a PERK which is basically like a powerup - Powerups include (but are not limited to):  bandaid (medpack), regeneration, sharpshooter (perfect accuracy), fast loader, fast shooter, Random weapon, poison bullets (slow, continuous loss of health of enemy when shot), and MANY many more...  You get to choose one of  five random perks in the game from an in-game menu which, when selected, pauses the screen - so in soldat, these powerups would be listed at the top of the screen with numbers 1 through 5 - so pressing the corresponding number on the keyboard would get you the appropriate perk.
This would be a checkmark option next to survival, realistic, and advanced...

comments?
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
Re: Perk Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 07:40:39 am »
uhh, there's already beserker, flame god, clusters, vest, and the one that makes you invisible.. why add more
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 07:43:59 am »
uhh, there's already beserker, flame god, clusters, vest, and the one that makes you invisible.. why add more

because more = better!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
  • In Game: 2big4u - Merry Christmas!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 10:41:39 am »
i guess that would be good, i think you can make a mod yourself.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 12:21:24 pm »
^You can't modify powerups.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 12:23:46 pm »
i dont like the idea of points earning powerups...i think that you can set up the game so more powerups appear on the map.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 07:27:05 pm »

because more = better!

lol, until it gets to the point of being there for the sake of being there. Hardly anyone* plays Realistic, Survival, and/or Advanced. What makes you think this would be more popular than any of them? :P

* - just my experience... I personally see almost no such servers around anymore.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 07:56:52 pm »
too many powerups will just kill the fun, i mean, i dont want my beserker to be coutered by a fast reload law or a quick shot barret
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan