Author Topic: Would I be a bad person iff...  (Read 1291 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Would I be a bad person iff...
« on: December 27, 2006, 07:54:42 pm »
What do you think about the following situations, would it be a ligitament idea for an advantage, or borderline waxxoring
  • You mod the barret into a big orange gun, to pick out campers easy
  • You use the sniper line
  • You mod the grenades into giant white blobs with red centers to show the blast radius/see them easily
  • If you replaced the sounds with helpful things, for example, making footsteps a lot louder for realistic mode
  • If you camp with a saw in a collider, where everything short of a grenade would do nothing to you
  • "Spying"
  • /killing when 1v1ing to keep the opposing score down?
Of these, in your opinion, which do you think are acceptable, and which would you be seen whining about?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
Re: Would I be a bad person iff...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 07:59:45 pm »
You mod the barret into a big orange gun, to pick out campers easy

I dont mind it

You use the sniper line

always thought it was useless

You mod the grenades into giant white blobs with red centers to show the blast radius/see them easily

Enjoy carrying around giant white blobs. Also, good luck seeing players with that crap covering the person.

If you replaced the sounds with helpful things, for example, making footsteps a lot louder for realistic mode

Would be annoying, but I dont play real mode.

/killing when 1v1ing to keep the opposing score down?

Not cool.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 08:00:01 pm »
Hahaha i considered doing these things, except I was going to give every single gun a vibrant color so I would evantually tell what everyone is using. I also considered modding the sounds of each gun so none of them sound at all alike, to easily tell the difference between each.

But would you really do that? It seems more annoying than helpful.
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 08:03:43 pm »
I think using the sniper line and camping with the saw are both fine. Altering graphics to make it easier on you is a bit iffy, but ok in my opinion, since a lot of the time, you can see people trying to hide anyway, and the default nades aren't too hard to spot. Same with altering sounds, thats ok, since you can just turn up the volume to achieve a similar effect and know where your enemies are. Spying and killing yourself in a 1v1 are both lame tactics, and I'd expect any respectable player to avoid using them.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 10:29:59 pm »
/kill ing in 1v1 no longer works, as when you use /kill, your score is decreased by 1.

Also, the grenades would not be centered correctly, as the center is the center of the original graphic, so you would see a very useless white circle.

Spying??
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Cookie.

• Soldier
  • I. R. Baboon
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 11:15:33 pm »
/kill ing in 1v1 no longer works, as when you use /kill, your score is decreased by 1.

Also, the grenades would not be centered correctly, as the center is the center of the original graphic, so you would see a very useless white circle.

Spying??

But you still keep them from getting a kill yes? :P  Worth doing if they need one point more to win and your about to die.

Offline UGK

• Major
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 11:41:06 pm »

Spying??

Ghosting.
<n00bface> i like big droopy fittas

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 10:25:40 am »
I'm not talking about a 3000 pixel white circle, I'm talking about this:
Double size max (less is pretty good)
Put some red in/add some gray so it doesn't look retarded
Put it off center by 1 column underneath (so when it is on the ground, most of the circle is visible)
avoid circle
I have a tested one that was way easier to see then some other stuff, and it looks pretty cool, even though it almost covers the thigh, it is also easier to see who has grenades and who doesn't so the strategy is totally changed.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 03:44:57 pm »
I've thought of using these just to make an ass outta myself but never to gain an unfair advantage. Unfortunately Some ppl DO mod the weapon ammo so it's easier to see and, hence, avoid.
4 Year old we usually call that collider crate camping as the crate covers more of a crouched body. Personally i think it's uncool especially in servers like snipe and slice where the grenades are forbidden meaning you have to dive into the collider to take him out.
Someone made a "railgun" mod a while back for barret. They didn't alter ammo but rather the muzzleflash so that the flash went for miles. This would make it insanely easy to find and sniper.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.