Author Topic: Big mistake  (Read 26952 times)

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
Re: Big mistake
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2007, 07:25:14 pm »
or if there were other strategies to beating the game (like using a different character, class, etc)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2007, 07:56:03 pm »
or if there were other strategies to beating the game (like using a different character, class, etc)
only if there is an alternative ending or leading to a different level or different levels.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Not Not Muldritch

• Major
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 03:22:06 am »
I think that i will stop playing this game just because when you loose, you start again the level.

Saving option should be available at all moments, and "monsters" should be able to kill.
Frustration is the last thing that should happen when playing a game, a game that is a pain in the ass is not a fun game
I have a game for you two.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2007, 10:39:59 am »
I think that i will stop playing this game just because when you loose, you start again the level.

Saving option should be available at all moments, and "monsters" should be able to kill.
Frustration is the last thing that should happen when playing a game, a game that is a pain in the ass is not a fun game
I have a game for you two.
that game was buggy and incomplete, double jumping worked sometimes, and if you ever get passed 2-2 it isn't entertaining anymore, not the game for me.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2007, 05:04:53 pm »
The mines episode (second last) is actually an episode were there are many possibilities of completing the levels. That is because it has "intelligent" characters (Zorths), you can have a lot of fun with them because they react in different ways. I know at least 4 ways of completing the Prison episode.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2007, 06:43:36 pm »
I think I was the one who made the big mistake here, because I just got passed the first level and into the second up at the very top with the elvis impersonator who danced as porky the pig. Hilarity

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2007, 08:28:02 pm »
Awesome. If you were entertained by that, you don't know what's coming :D
I really love the zorth programming. It's like... Metal Gear Solid, side-scrolling style!

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2007, 08:02:31 pm »

I never bothered to finish the first level, i just deleted it after playing 2-3 times, nobody really cares whether you play or not, but what happened to the MM who wanted a game where you kill everything and there are lots of bloods, climbing maps for soldat are better then this game.

Well, the source code IS included, so you can modify it to be a very bloody adventure, and also make it so that it's about as hilarious as N game...

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2007, 07:58:11 am »
Well I'm just waiting for CG. Please have submarines!!

Quote from:  Mao
his career has slowly diminished as he gets more and more hooked on his art and submarine games.

It's true, and CG will only fuel that...

Soldat is similar to older console games where if you want to save you just pause the game and leave the system running. :P The pause button is the single greatest innovation 8-bit game systems brought to the industry.

Truth! *applaud*

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2007, 10:43:22 pm »
Bots! Heck, Wraithlike, there's always Esc and Alt + Tab ;D

or alt + f4, that's really fun :P
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 12:36:38 am »
To be quite honest I cant see why ppl whine so much about this game.
There is a clear warning before you download it, even in the game "THIS IS NOT FINISHED".
If you don't like it, don't play it.. Its that simple.

I for one think the game is awesome.. If I had the skills to finish it I would love to :) Unfortunately for now C++ is not one of my languages.

Concerning the "need more saving" debate. I agree with MM 100% Games with less saving are awesome.. In my opinion newer games can be completed by anyone.
You fail at something, load back wherever U were, save just before where you failed the last time and you try again until you have tried so many times you succeed.

Old games on the other hand, you fail, and you will have to play all the way to where you were, and then fail again. To finish the game you need to acquire skills, because you need to beat the whole game in one go, not just concentrate on one single thing at the time.

I for one never finished "Alex the kid" on my Sega... Now my Sega is broken and I most likely never will :( playing the game takes like a few hrs and then you have to beat the final boss at Rock, Scissors or paper game.. Which is random :P

There is emulators.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.