Author Topic: Team-specific Weapons  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
Team-specific Weapons
« on: June 20, 2006, 02:43:21 pm »
I still can't around how sweet this would be, so I brought it back tho it was raised in the old forums repeatedly. Plus since there are seperate gosteks for the different teams, we're like, halfway there!

Basically, each side would have its own set of weapons. The default would be the same weapons for both teams (just as the default for gosteks are the same for both teams). What this really opens up to is modders. Now instead of having to switch between a mod's weapons all the time for a change of atmosphere, you have the option of joining either team. The second team's gun stats would be modifable as well, so with some creativity and a bit of work it can add a whole new dynamic to the game!

For instance; counter-terrorists vs. terrorists

counter-terrorists could have newer, more sophisticated weapons (and all stats that apply) and terrorists could have older ones.

That would be mostly aesthetic yes, but I could use an example from Deadeye Rob's Warhammer mod: the space marines weapons would be totally different from the Tau weapons...

plus, another idea; you could pick up another team's weapon, but would only have 1 full clip (like Halo, the beam rifle thingy). Otherwise there's not much point to restricting them to either side (and it makes sense; one side will only carry stadard ammo for their own kind of weapons).

aaannnnd... discuss! pros, cons, good, bad, atrocious?
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
Re: Team-specific Weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 02:54:48 pm »
So, if I understand your idea correctly, the weapons stast and damage would be the same for all teams.

But you could modify (the looks, not the damage) the guns on each team. So they'd all look and sound different, bu still be the same.

If that's your idea, it gets my YES
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 03:03:36 pm »
uh oh... i meant you could modify the damage as well... that would be the dynamic. but then purely for aesthetics and cool-factor i guess stat-modifying wouldn't be necessary... but with stats moddable for both teams, as i meant, what would you think?

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »
As long as the weapons dominate one another and are balanced...

This would be great for WWII modding and whatnot.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Anubis

• Camper
  • The End is Near
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 03:26:38 pm »
i like this idea it would be pretty sweet

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 06:18:09 pm »
Better, simpler idea:
Make it like AA skins. You see yourself as a US soldier, but the opposing team sees you as a terrorist, and vice versa. Make the weapons like this. EX-Enemy weilding MP5 would look like an AKSU smg.
not around

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 01:59:42 am »
'AA' skins? and that still means the weapon stats won't be different for each team...

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 02:14:14 am »
I'd prefer it the way RTW:ET does it: the Allies and Axis have different looking weapons, but they all have the same stats.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 02:35:35 am »
i think this is a good idea....i would love to see how it went in a betatest... this would be cool as the otha side of the pillow
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 02:55:07 am »
I'd prefer it the way RTW:ET does it: the Allies and Axis have different looking weapons, but they all have the same stats.

ah, i see, 'axis and allies.' well that would be the default in my suggestions. but like the gosteks for team 2, the stats and graphics for team 2's weapons would be modifiable from the original weapons.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 05:07:06 am »
not axis and allies exactly thats just a suggestion. but it would also be especially awesome for you to boast how awesome you are by killing an opponent and using their weapon instead.

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 05:14:46 am »
I want this so bad. :(

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 05:17:27 am »
Ditto.

By the way, this was suggested on the old forums, and MM responded personally saying, to paraphrase, maybe later.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 06:06:10 am »

No the mp40 fires faster, but has less damage, and the thompson fires slower, but more damage in ET.

Back on topic:
This would be pretty sweet since i suggested this a long time ago, and i planned on making another topic based on it, but then i saw this :)

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 02:31:41 pm »
^_^ as I said, I brought it back from the old forum.

zero: if MM says 'maybe later' that's a good start...that's what he said for weapon editing! X3

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 02:34:07 pm »
I want it now :D..Good suggestion