Author Topic: I'm going crazy!  (Read 1745 times)

Offline -AE- Smiles

• Major(1)
I'm going crazy!
« on: January 01, 2007, 06:46:16 pm »
I'm going crazy!  I had slaved over a map for about a week using Polyworks. I finally finish and go online to test it. I get one of my friends to try to joing my game with my newly created map but when he tries to join,  it tells him map cannot be found or downloaded. It's not just my friend who can't join, nobody can, everyone gets the same thing everytime. However one time my friend did get in but he just fell through the map and was kicked out.  I've tried everything! I've been constantly reading forums on various websites to try and fix the problem.  And yes I did compile the map and everything.If anyone has a fix to this please help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
Re: I'm going crazy!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 09:40:53 pm »
your map has to have sceneries on it, or it would perform as wrong map version.
make sure you compiled the map correctly and specified its name correctly and put it in the right folder. (Soldat/Maps, not Soldat/Polyworks/Maps)

Offline -AE- Smiles

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 11:19:43 pm »
Do you think you could be a little more specific, I'm a huge noob when it comes to this kind of stuff. ???

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 11:27:16 pm »
Did you forward the ports for soldat on your router?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 11:41:12 pm »
The only map problems you might have are what Horve suggested. Otherwise (and it is more probably this), it has nothing to do with the map, but rather your firewall and router settings for server-hosting.

If the map "cannot be found or downloaded" try sending the map to them through e-mail or something else first.

Offline -AE- Smiles

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 10:29:36 am »
How do I forward the ports for soldat on my router? I don't want to send it to people through email though, i want to be able to just start a game with my map and have everyone join. And I have no problem hosting games with maps originally from soldat. I only have problems when trying to make a game with the maps I made myself.

Date Posted: January 02, 2007, 12:33:37 AM
Where exactly do I need to Compile to and where do I need to save to?

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 03:39:07 pm »
That's the thing. I would like you to send it through e-mail to make sure it's a server problem, and that they have no problem with the map itself. They can always delete it and just try out automatically downloading from the server later anyways.

Offline -AE- Smiles

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 05:03:44 pm »
Ok, I got my friend to download it through MSN and when he plays it, he can't stand on any of the polys he just falls right through them. Where exactly am I supposed to Compile my map and to, and where am I supposed to save it to?

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 05:31:35 pm »
Ok, I got my friend to download it through MSN and when he plays it, he can't stand on any of the polys he just falls right through them. Where exactly am I supposed to Compile my map and to, and where am I supposed to save it to?

By default, Save saves an uncompiled PMS file to the PolyWorks\Maps directory (you can change this in Preferences under "Uncompiled"). Compile saves a compiled PMS file to your Soldat\Maps directory.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 06:46:21 pm »
Don't save after you compile!; compile is already a different saving method (but basically hardens the polygons).

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 08:34:10 pm »
I used to get this same error too; sometimes I will fall through a map myself when I host it, and no one can join my games, even though it shows up in the Soldat browser... I think I have my ports forwarding automatically, but can someone tell me how to check? Soldat is the only game I have a problem in.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 08:06:35 am »
Don't save after you compile!; compile is already a different saving method (but basically hardens the polygons).
now i get it.. That's why my little brothers (5 years old. Not 4 or 3, 5.) map became so bad..
But it sounds like u havn´t moved the map to (prolly) C:\\soldat\maps or someting..
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 07:55:18 pm »
In Polyworks 1.4.0.5 compiling will save only a compiled version, and will keep the uncompiled version in the editor, so you don't have to worry unless you load a compiled map.