Author Topic: Do I suck at Soldat? You decide! (Demo Included)  (Read 4056 times)

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
Re: Do I suck at Soldat? You decide! (Demo Included)
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2007, 03:37:34 pm »
im aswell glad your not using m79
and specially not the barret
ur good soldater like that

It doesn't matter if he uses it or not. If he gets beaten by a lot of players, that means he suck, regardless of his weapon preference.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 04:08:40 pm »
It doesn't matter if he uses it or not. If he gets beaten by a lot of players, that means he suck, regardless of his weapon preference.
QFE (Quoted for Emphasis)

I haven't watched the demo yet, and I will shortly, but some of the posts here talk about your usage of the Minimi, probably my favorite gun ever. <3

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2007, 06:58:00 pm »
Lol, if that Pheonix guy is the pheonix guy i have on my msn, he really sucks.
MY clan beat his clan like 8 - 0 for all 3 rounds, so he must really suck :P

ONtopic:
You should team up with someone when going into the fray. Teaming up really helps with a minimi user.

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 07:36:59 pm »
You seem to suffer from the same problem I used to.  I used to hate using grenades partly because they would never register when they needed to and I thought of them as a cheap kill.  Though after playing gathers and clan wars, grenades are a must. 

That's the main thing you need to train.  My suggestion, is go into a deathmatch server and force yourself to use only grenades.  (and mabye another secondary weapon.  I'd suggest nades and the law, or nades and the knife)  That's what I did to get good with grenades.  And after a few deathmatches you'll get into the habit of using grenades. 

The only other thing I saw, was you never tried to dodge at all.  Throw in some prone dives every so often to keep your opponents on their toes.  Especially if your fighting against a steyr or rugger or something that runs ammo fast.

Other then that you're pretty good.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 07:43:44 pm »
That's the main thing you need to train.  My suggestion, is go into a deathmatch server and force yourself to use only grenades.  (and mabye another secondary weapon.  I'd suggest nades and the law, or nades and the knife)  That's what I did to get good with grenades.  And after a few deathmatches you'll get into the habit of using grenades. 

Bad advice. Using nades with knife or fists is way different to using them with weapons.
For one thing, they go further with knife/fists.

Instead of not throwing nades because they dont register, throw them ANYWAY! If you're near a few nade boxes, just chuck your whole stock. It's better to spam nades at someone then to not use any at all.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 10:02:13 pm »
Indeed, but the server my clan uses for clanwars has maximum nades set at 2, so you start off with one. Airgo, you have to make them count, rather than just nadespam.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 06:02:25 am »
That's strict. You can still get an easy triple though;

- Use one nade paired with a minimi bullet
- Kill someone by shredding him
- Use your secondary

Voila, triple. Well, with that ping, socom loses it's benefits, try Law instead. That can also add up to your nading, because as you try to land, you'll be bound to get under one of your enemies, which is, a free kill with a grenade.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 06:08:28 am »
Yeah, surprisingly enough the Socom seems quite effective, even with a high ping. I tend to avoid the LAW if I'm using the Minimi, because it has a long reload time, if I miss with LAW, I have nothing, aside for nades of course. That, and my general aim is pretty sucky, that's why I roll with autos/socom (or knife if I'm feeling confident, although 90% of the time the knife seems pretty stupid to me) most of the time.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 02:42:05 am by ultraman »

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 08:20:18 am »
Yea the knife is a bit of a darkhorse because sometimes your just not using it, you feel you should take something else and then theres that moment (like being chased when you have the flag -one kill that makes all the difference...) where without it your screwed....(thats when i chuck my socom at them because i thought i had the knife :P)
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 04:20:30 pm »
you need to take advantage of some situations, You clearly don't suck, but tactically there are things to be improved, try branching out with your secondary, use a knife or a law for a quick kill, then rush in with minimi and nades for another, then haul ass with the flag, use polys to seperate distance between you and the other guy, (people hate that) and take a second weapon to replace a soccom, Mp5 is better then a soccom, an ak is better then a soccom, try it when there isn't any enemies around.

You aren't bad, but you could be better.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 04:39:25 pm »
why don't you play on australian servers for  better ping? or are you playing on australian servers with dial up?

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 04:50:50 pm »
Quite honestly, you only suck as badly as you think you do. Like they all said earlier, take the time to aim when you're not using an auto. The ruger bullets can disappear pretty quickly in a firefight or in a map like b2b with a semi-bright background/high contrast. Make sure you're cursor is on him, dont just aim within an inch and hope you hit. Do some instant math calculating how far the bullet will drop, I often do that when I'm sniping. I've only very rarely run into the nade lag problem as my average ping is 33-73 but you can never use too many grenades. Even if theyre not meant to kill or even wound they sure make enemies re-think the way they were gonna take. If you're being chased by someone with a high accuracy, low ROF weapon down a tunnel, drop a few "speed bumps" as I call them to slow them down, aside from them stopping you might even blow them to bits...
As for the minimi, if you're looking to train it, start on realistic, preferrably TW. This thing will turn the guy into shredded wheat on realistic mode. When you think you're ready to go to norm then try it. Control your bursts and if the guy is wounded, even better, AK 74 and minimi are devastating on someone who is bleeding.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.