Author Topic: Dm_junglestorm  (Read 3511 times)

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
Dm_junglestorm
« on: June 20, 2006, 05:17:28 pm »
Ok Ok Ok i think i have done it but since im just getting use to polyworks heres my first map its small but i made it that way.

Name:Junglestorm
Players:4(teammode) 2 vs 2
Size:small
Scenery:yes
Waypointed:yes
colliders:yes

Oh and im sorry so sorry the screenshot doesnt work i keep pressing f4 and look in my screeenshot folder but its not in i have only screenshots.Im so sorry please dont be mad.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
Re: Dm_junglestorm
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 05:46:01 pm »
i know you filled in the background with paint :P ahah

looking nifty ;)

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 06:15:39 pm »
Actually, the background is due to the low GIF quality.

Edit – Alright, I checked out the waypoints, and you need to completely redo those. You made vertical connections, but didn't use the jet command. All you used was left and right. There's gravity in Soldat, no?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:30:47 pm by Vltava »

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 06:18:31 pm »
No one's gonna download your maps if you don't use common sense with shading and post an overview.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 09:12:16 pm »

Edit – Alright, I checked out the waypoints, and you need to completely redo those. You made vertical connections, but didn't use the jet command. All you used was left and right. There's gravity in Soldat, no?
ok i'll fix that .i was being to lazy about the waypointing lol.

mistercharles:I didnt know you need to shade on textures so your saying i need to shade it with black or something or with a different color?Oh and i dont understand??!! i press f4 and it doesnt make an ooverview i zoom out and press f4 but nothing happens i look in my screenshot folder and it wasnt there.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 09:40:46 pm »
See this example. Not too fucking complicated. No one wants to see the maps you made lazily. Shade them, make them good, go for quality over quantity.

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 12:10:02 pm »
know how to shade? if not, pm me and Ill give ya a quick run-through on how to do it. your maps arent bad, but would look so much better with a different selection of scenery and poly shading. the layout its self doesnt seem so bad, though an overview would sure be nice. (btw. its against the rules here to not post an over view of your map. folow the rules or pay the price... lol)

7.5/10, just cause it could eaasily be touched up here and there.
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 12:14:25 pm »

Ye... I get that rarely

[Just to showoff: I got a 19" LCD Samsung, Black, Fast Response time... ;)
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 04:03:07 pm »
Yea shading for me is kinda hard on polyworks i put blend mode to multiply but did nothing.im not doing something right.

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 08:29:31 am »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

too ugly, cant see, must commit suicide...

about the map, its interesting that trees and grasso grows on earthy mud and all... but the non-collidable poly's are the same colour as the collidable so its a little frustrating

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 03:00:46 pm »
also, makes sure the vertices snap together. I spy with my little eye, 6 polygons gone awry (disconnected). see how many you can spot! lol
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 06:26:10 pm »
Yea shading for me is kinda hard on polyworks i put blend mode to multiply but did nothing.im not doing something right.
then why don't you find out how to shade on polyworks, then work on the map, and post a nice shaded map instead of this unshaded ugliness

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 07:00:09 pm »
just as proof, one person has downloaded this block of ugly, people are willing to teach you how to shade but you refuse to advance in learning how to make good maps
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan