Author Topic: Got me a new toy!  (Read 14294 times)

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
Re: Got me a new toy!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 06:08:55 am »
Im just getting an xbox 360 for halo 3 >_>

Im just getting a ps3 for Killzone

Im just getting a Wii for Brawl

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 03:13:11 pm »
Do your parents own Ikea or something?!

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 03:17:56 pm »
No, Microsoft.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 06:02:06 pm »
Xbox 360! yeah yeah I dont want to hear you Sony fan boys talking about Sony junk. This system is amazing. No way will Playstation3 be even close to successful as this system will be. Any realistic advantage almost goes to the 360. It has better game developers, is easyer to make games on then ps3 will be, and has a better GPU. Well im off to play Oblivion, later.

PS3 and Nintendo Wii = Extra 6 months for maximum pwnage ftW

But yeah, XBOX 360 will be blown out of the water IMO by these two systems. Gaming in general is on the downfall, and the only reason I might get a system is for sports games.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 06:07:42 pm »
actually the ps3 has higher end components
There are other worlds than these

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 07:33:53 pm »
The ps3 is a monster :) I think Wii is gonna win this console war for this generation, with ps3 and xbox 360 tied. Wii is cheaper, plus it's got a revolutionary controller :D Xbox 360 will have halo 3 >_> And Rich people will buy ps3, or fanbois, which there alot of.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Unlucky XIII

• Soldier
  • Unit Zero One Three
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 09:06:45 pm »
I am also looking forward to the Wii, mainly for Super Smash Brothers Brawl (or Dojo, whatever they want to name it). Chances are I won't be able to get one though, because freeloading off your parents has its limits... I got an XBox a year or 2 later than everyone else.

And the controller is cool because of its innovation, as in some games you are (supposedly) able to use it as the weapon (sword and bow for Zelda) / equipment (tennis raquet in those tennis games) you are wielding (if you can wield a tennis raquet...). Although the PS3 is supposed to have a very good controller of its own, I've heard.

"The old ones are the best"

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 09:13:45 pm »
I don't like the new PS3 controller... they took out the rumble pack so it would be lighter. Grinding in Tony Hawk's will never be the same  :(

Wii is the way.

or computer, yes, computer is good.
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 12:00:43 am »
the ps2 controller was the best that there was. but i do wish the rumble pack was back in, i never knew until now that they took it out :d. that was a bad idea i think, but maybe we can just take crack and shiver to replicate the rumble effect

Offline Rambo_6

• Camper
  • Banned
    • (Adam Whitby) What where you're freinds doing on my server earlier?!
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 12:19:02 am »
Swingset > 360

Seriously, my swingset has like way better graphics. Plus, it's got a slide and even a fireman's pole included! Sometimes the swings lag a little though...

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2006, 01:00:58 am »
I'm looking the most forward to the Wii, but I wouldn't mind picking up an Xbox 360 (I have one waiting for me up in PNG... in September.

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006, 02:26:40 am »
Some of you are nuts, the 360 will have and DOES have a better GPU then the ps3 will have so thats better graphics right there. They might have an edge in the CPU and all that will do is let (parts of games for example) load faster but when both are fast you cant really tell as much of a difference as you can with a GPU.

Whoever said xbox dont have rpgs your nuts, they just released Ovlivion for it as its first rpg. I heard talk of Fable 2 and Jade Empire 2 under different names plus a lot more rpg developers (as well as others) have signed on to make games exclusively for the 360 that havent before. Sonys always made crap imo, and their gaming system is no exception they have a proven track record to over-rate their crap (literally crap)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 02:28:45 am by GAMEOVER »

Offline iPod

• Major
  • HA! HA! CARE FOR A MIXED NUT?
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006, 02:30:07 am »
Wii is a sextoy. No seriously, look at the controller. It's a god damn vibrator. And yeah, sure the 360 is nice. Just don't tip it over or it will grind a circle in your discs... >) wahahahahaha. Foolish Microsoft fanboys!
[MpS]P00pSmith

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006, 02:37:13 am »
No its called a realist, ill always get whats the best available. Whoever makes it has no effect on my decision of the product. If you knew the product and researched as much as I have before waiting so long to get one then youd know its going to be the best available in most circumstances.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 02:39:21 am by GAMEOVER »

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 02:47:32 am »
Best in terms of what? It has fuck all in terms of games. If I wanted to play sports, I'd go outside instead of sitting in front of the TV screen, and how many racing games do you really need? FPSs are completely useless on consoles too.

The only thing it really has going for it is graphics, overhyped specifications and the whole "next-gen" hype. Same with the PS3, really, except the PS3's way more difficult to programme for.

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006, 02:56:13 am »

Offline Lord Jaws

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2006, 03:40:22 am »
ea, I´m looking foreward to Fable 2. And There are enough rpg games on the old xbox too.

I think The Wii is the most revolutionair, It´s really different from the others, but its a big shot, it can work out. Or it will not... Mic and Sony are somewhat equal. Both console have games that are exlusive, so it depends on the kind of games you want to play... Mostly ps players stick with the ps, while xbox gamers stay with the xbox....
MY Realistic Soldat Clan.: Coalition Europe
Shame it died. . .

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2006, 05:05:30 am »
No its called a realist, ill always get whats the best available. Whoever makes it has no effect on my decision of the product. If you knew the product and researched as much as I have before waiting so long to get one then youd know its going to be the best available in most circumstances.

Best available in most circumstances? It's the only one that's been released!!

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2006, 05:31:10 am »
whats Wii??

EDIT: woah woah WOAH! the Wii looks so nice!

that controller is a genius idea.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 05:33:48 am by vulbastick »

Offline Unlucky XIII

• Soldier
  • Unit Zero One Three
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2006, 05:41:31 am »
Fable 2, hmm? I liked Fable, although that was a little short...
OK, a lot short, but it was a good game, and fairly well done as well. Probably the game I have had the most fun from in a while, although Battlefront and its successor had me hooked as well.

Still, the Wii is the one I am looking forward to, and want the most (wheee Meta Knight!), and the Xbox 360 and PS3 are afterthoughts, if I can get any. My brother, on the other hand, wanted the Xbox 360. I say wanted as after I showed him the SSBB(or D for Dojo, whatever they call it) video, he became the Nintendo lover he has always been.
whats Wii??
EDIT: woah woah WOAH! the Wii looks so nice!
that controller is a genius idea.
Yeah, the Wii is the new name for the Revolution, in case you were confused where it came from.

"The old ones are the best"