Author Topic: Got me a new toy!  (Read 14283 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: Got me a new toy!
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2006, 11:54:57 am »
searching google makes you smart. yes dsdude gameover was able to search something
<1 min
http://www.a2zcheats.com/cheats/ps3/index.htm
<15 seconds
http://hardware.teamxbox.com/articles/xbox/1144/The-Xbox-360-System-Specifications/p1

ds dude, not only was that spam, but we are now all stupider for reading it, thank you for your contribution.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2006, 02:24:40 pm »

Also, no console, and I repeat, NONE, have ever used the complete limits of the hardware, so what do specs matter, anyway?

This is exactly whats giving the Xbox 360 such an edge. Never before have developers been so interested in making console games. The Xbox 360 has given developers hardware to work with that is easy to take advantage of and showcase through games. This is why the 360 is such a big deal and so hot on the console scene. Mark my words a year from now games will be flying out for Xbox 360. The games they released for when it was launched are not good examples some games such as tony hawks skateboard game or whatever were just rushed out there to release some content for the system to get it off its feet. This hardware will be pushed to the edge by game developers and will be done so easyly as this system is very easy to work with. Its like having games on a computer pushing your GPU etc to the extreme. Im not going to comment on the upcoming Nintendo system as I dont know much about it like I do regarding the 360 and ps3 but the ps3 and 360 will be two completely different consoles. The 360 will be pushed to the extreme, the ps3 is impossible to push to its limits. Sony took a step backwards with this system..

Im not gonna bother to drag this out any further you all can if you choose. Ill enjoy the best gaming console to ever hit the shelfs now, and the best ever in the near future (yes that includes ps3 and wii). If you are buying a console youll either get one that is and will be the best for a long while or you will let advertisements, word of mouth from unknowledgeable people, and/or etc etc influence your decision. That is all..

Good luck with any system you decide to purchase if you do.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 02:31:03 pm by GAMEOVER »

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2006, 06:57:00 pm »
Getting tired of being proven wrong by people who actually know what they're on about? ;D

LMAO! The DS is wildly popular and is far from worthless! It is an extremely well selling product, possibly the best for Nintendo. Do you EVER read gaming mags or gaming news on the internet?

If i just held something out in the air, of course my arm would get tired. but when you are doing something fun, you dont get as tired, if at all unless you play like 4 hours straight. And even if you did get tired often, it would prevent carpeltunnel lol. But i dont think that will be a problem.

AND i forget to mention 2 extremely other big factors why the Wii is, in my opinion, the best overall system.

1. It's backward compatibility. You know how awesome it would be to play good ol' Super Mario Bros. on your Wii? And no, not with the remote controller, with the other controller they made, maybe you didnt know about that. Think of all the classics they have, and for approximately 2 dollars each. Thats good for classic awesomeness. You can even get N64 and Gamecube games on it. For a good price too.

2. FREE ONLINE PLAY + WIRELESS. Alot of people say wireless internet (Wi-Fi) sucks. They must of not used it before. You get to have your Wii hooked up to the internet at all times, 24 hours a day. Lets say you have to go to the bathroom. You put your game on pause, and go take a "seat". while you were relieving yourself, Nintendo released an update and it downloaded to your system. You come back, unpause and notice the scenery is more detailed, and a new creature that wasnt supposed to be there magically appeared. I think the constant online time is great. And Xbox and PS3 would NEVER give away something free....

And to gameover. You are not a fanboy. And i dont mean that negatively, either. people are calling you a fanboy just cuz their mad at you... and they didnt put up a side of the arguement. and haha no one is really argueing with me except a-4-year-old.
first, the DS is only popular because of a bunch of nintendo fanboys, i have one, i know what i am talking about when i say that the psp (also have) is better, but still not great. the only thing keeping nintendo afloat is a bunch of jackasses who think that the next generation of gamming is buying a cheap system with crappy specs so they can buy controller add-ons that are the standard for any other console.

second, to perfect my experiment, watch your favorite tv show while holding the "controller", and to make it interactive, instead of some random object being the controller, make it your tv's remote control. the wii isnt as fun as you would think.

How would you know? Have you played it?Did you know that the Wii line at E3 was nine hours long? That the Wii is more anticipated than the PS3? Hold out a tennis ball and that's approximately how much a Wiimote will weigh. The people making it aren't stupid, they realise that it is going to be used by people of all ages so obviously it has to be easy to use.
And of the DS? Sure, you have one and you may think its crap, but what about them swamping the PSP constantly since the PSP's release? Did you know that the GAme Boy Advance is even beating the PSP? Did you ever stop to think that people might enjoy playing it? Maybe the touch screen is a gimmick, but the sales charts don't show it that way. I also own a PSP, and have only found one good game for it, which is GTA:LCS, as compared to my DS which has 5 good games, all of which I play constantly.
A4YO, do some research and get some facts that aren't just from your opinion that are complete bullshit.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2006, 07:45:54 pm »
actually gameover copy-pasted most of that... the few repeated paragraphs showed it... but no matters. he got the info out there to look back upon. now to deal with 4-year-old again...

actually this "bunch" of people, you call it, keeping Nintendo "afloat" (although they are flying high above the water) is an extremely large fan base, developed over 15 years. xbox cant even say its had its 5th birthday yet. And they dont buy it because of "crappy" specs, they buy it  because of the classic and new-age gaming concepts it will deliver. No one would buy a system cuz it sucks specwise. hell, id go buy a NES right now if i got some classic games with it. I and many of Nintendo's fanbase dont care about top-of-the-line graphics, we just want enjoyable gameplay with endless playback value. i dont see why you keep resorting to graphics, is that seriosly the only thing that you have?

Also, you don't need to buy all of these controller add-ons. the nun-chuck will coem with it and the core controller will be very cheap, not like buying another motion-mocking PS3 controller (30+bucks).

And, the "arm getting tired" thing? thats personal performance. Whenever you start something, you are not used to it, and therefore, may hurt after a bit or not do well. maybe if you practiced holding up your tv remote to the tv once a day for 30 minits a day, you'd start to build specified endurance muscles in your arms. i dont mean youll become buff holding your arm out there, but you will get your arm more used to it over time.

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2006, 11:25:07 pm »

And, the "arm getting tired" thing? thats personal performance. Whenever you start something, you are not used to it, and therefore, may hurt after a bit or not do well. maybe if you practiced holding up your tv remote to the tv once a day for 30 minits a day, you'd start to build specified endurance muscles in your arms. i dont mean youll become buff holding your arm out there, but you will get your arm more used to it over time.

bah just go jerk off

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2006, 11:28:22 pm »
hahaha yeah that gives your arm the "hard"est workout ever...