Author Topic: Got me a new toy!  (Read 14301 times)

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
Re: Got me a new toy!
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2006, 06:01:59 am »
O god i hated battlefront 2, but i'm still in <3 with the original battlefront. They better make a battlefront 3 that's more tactical and less of a quake fest like swbf 2.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Amblin

• Major(1)
  • Uwe Boll, a master and friend
    • Homepage
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2006, 12:03:20 pm »
No way will Playstation3 be even close to successful as this system will be. Any realistic advantage almost goes to the 360. It has better game developers, is easyer to make games on then ps3 will be, and has a better GPU.
Can you actually back any of that up?
Talk about fanboys.

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2006, 01:19:32 pm »
No way will Playstation3 be even close to successful as this system will be. Any realistic advantage almost goes to the 360. It has better game developers, is easyer to make games on then ps3 will be, and has a better GPU.
Can you actually back any of that up?
Talk about fanboys.

I already explained about fanboy comments go read because im far from one. I will tell you why right now the Xbox 360 will be better then the ps3 and why nintendos systems will die out so fast.

1) CPU- The Xbox 360 packs quite a punch but Sonys Cell in terms of numbers edges out the 360. However the Cell isnt and wont be able to unleash its full potential. Its extremely hard to work with which is sending away developers like the first xbox did but not to this extreme.

2) GPU- The Xbox 360s ATi GPU without a doubt will outperform Sonys GPU, its simply just a better GPU.

3) Game Developers- Xbox 360 has twice the developers signed to make Xbox 360 exclusive material. Sony has only gained a few new developers and people are turning the system down because its a pain in the ass to work with.

Those are the major things that are tiping the balande off of what ive read from neutral sites and even from some developers sites before making my decision not to wait any longer and just go get that 360. Believe me if I got the same reputable positive instead of negative info about the ps3 as I did the 360 id gladly wait for it to come out then buy it.

The reason why Nintendos done is they come out with stuff thats too far fetched. If your an old school gamer you know what happens to systems that are far fetched. BTW, what an ugly controller. My favorite system of theirs to ever come out was Nintendo 64. They need to take a step back as a company in order to take a step forward imo.

Im not telling you guys to go out and buy either system because both will be amazing in their own ways. However for me as a consumer and an older old school gamer the Xbox 360 meets my needs.

I liked the PS for Resident Evil in its early days

I liked Nintendo (only the 64) for its Bond 64 which imo still is one of the best multiplayer FPS console games to ever come out. Perfect Dark I believe they came out with first to but guess which system has that now.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:30:09 pm by GAMEOVER »

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2006, 01:29:43 pm »
Okay gameover...

Xbox360 will have alot of exclusive material? Like the Wii wont? imagine playing Red Steel, SSBB, or MANY other MOTION SENSITIVE games on.. well your NON motion sensitive Xbox360? I'm not saying motion sensitive is the absolute best thing of games ever created, im just saying its a great idea that has not really ever been introduced in gaming yet. Sure, Xbox360 has some good specs, but do graphics matter wen you want to have fun? IE.... Soldat? Super Mario? On soldat, would you like it if it was so realistic you could see the mole growing right above your character's right eye? i dont think so. plus, just simplicity has its advantages.

Remember FAR-FETCHED ideas, like when nintendo 64 used the "crazy idea" of an analog stick, or when it made a dual-screen handheld with a touch screen? Yeah, those were just definately gimmicks that were too far-fetched to work. Nintendo pretty much started the gaming era. They have gone through many CRAZY ideas, as some might say, and still come out making the most user-friendly, pick up and play, and addicting games out there.

Okay folks, im not completely dissing, or dissing at all the PS3 or the Xbox360. I'm a nintendo fanboy. I think the Xbox360 and PS3 could kill the Wii at graphics, but that doesnt worry me. I just like the developers at Nintendo, and their presedent. He's an awesome guy.

Well, thats my input/arguement. :)

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2006, 01:32:06 pm »
Okay gameover...

Xbox360 will have alot of exclusive material? Like the Wii wont? imagine playing Red Steel, SSBB, or MANY other MOTION SENSITIVE games on.. well your NON motion sensitive Xbox360? I'm not saying motion sensitive is the absolute best thing of games ever created, im just saying its a great idea that has not really ever been introduced in gaming yet. Sure, Xbox360 has some good specs, but do graphics matter wen you want to have fun? IE.... Soldat? Super Mario? On soldat, would you like it if it was so realistic you could see the mole growing right above your character's right eye? i dont think so. plus, just simplicity has its advantages.

Remember FAR-FETCHED ideas, like when nintendo 64 used the "crazy idea" of an analog stick, or when it made a dual-screen handheld with a touch screen? Yeah, those were just definately gimmicks that were too far-fetched to work. Nintendo pretty much started the gaming era. They have gone through many CRAZY ideas, as some might say, and still come out making the most user-friendly, pick up and play, and addicting games out there.

Okay folks, im not completely dissing, or dissing at all the PS3 or the Xbox360. I'm a nintendo fanboy. I think the Xbox360 and PS3 could kill the Wii at graphics, but that doesnt worry me. I just like the developers at Nintendo, and their presedent. He's an awesome guy.

Well, thats my input/arguement. :)

Thats the best arguement ive heard yet in this topic ive edited my post above to elaborate a little more. To each their own.

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2006, 01:37:00 pm »
Thats nice. Your opinion counts as 1/6,500,000,000, though, and honestly, you ought to stop worrying about the CONSOLE and more about the GAMES.

I personally don't care who makes a game or console. If their works are fun, then I will buy it. If not, then the money stays with me. That is my humble opinion.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2006, 10:24:02 pm »
Crackdown is gonna be teh sweetness

Offline Rambo_6

• Camper
  • Banned
    • (Adam Whitby) What where you&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#039;re freinds doing on my server earlier?!
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2006, 11:56:17 pm »
Perfect Dark was way before its time. Singlehandedly the best FPS game for a console. EVER.

To this date there are still games that it beats.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2006, 01:35:22 am »
Well I wanna play some halo 3.....can't wait to smash a grunts head in while sleeping....EITH UBER GRAPHICS.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2006, 03:56:19 am »
thank you very much gameover. i also would like to comment on what you said Lapis Lazuli. i know my opinion is worth less than the Gizmondo, but i still like getting it out there. MY personal opinion, by itself, may not be worth too much. But if my side or view of the point is convincing enough, my personal view may turn into the view of afew people. and if they like that idea, they may spread it, and so on and so on. so that 1/6,500,000,000 of a say i have in it, big deal. i cant do much on my own. just look at bush. could he do ANYTHING without other people telling him what to do? haha i dont htink so... well i am anticipating the upcoming "console wars" very much. I would absolutely love to see Nintendo on top, or at least not on bottom. With their flare and spunk they have always have, i trust them. their ideas seem unusual, sometimes, well, far-fetched. but MANY of thier far-fetched ideas have become winners, ie refer to my last post. i like voicing my opinion. If anyone wants to elaborate or even flame me, go ahead. ill be happy to hear it. and come back. :) :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 03:03:14 pm by jbigz »

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2006, 03:04:27 pm »
also, can people put what system they are rooting for?

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2006, 03:17:11 pm »
Idono, each system has it's advantages......The nintendo wii seams to be in themiddle.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2006, 04:47:59 pm »
then what would you place on top and bottom?

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2006, 04:51:38 am »
Hey, GAMEOVER, you reccomend any other games?
I'm hopefully getting one on....errr...this weekend. So I'm probably buying Blazing Angels. But not too sure yet.
Also, do you know how to transfer saves from old xbox to the new one?

Just to let you know. I'm going for the premium package.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2006, 05:26:12 am »
IDGARA what anyone thinks, but PC is the best console ever. all I have (at the moment) is a PC with a ATI RADEON 9700 and 256 MB of RAM and I can play everything...whats with the 2 gig dual processor crap? i mean, sure...consoles are just computers that you can plug into a TW and use a gamepad with...hell I can do that with my PC!!!
whats with all the fancy crap? I mean...god! PC's are fading out becasue of these "consoles"

Perfect Dark was way before its time. Singlehandedly the best FPS game for a console. EVER.

To this date there are still games that it beats.
Abso-fukin-lutely!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 05:29:17 am by The Bone Collector »
Just another soul to burn.

Offline MWTBDLTR

• Major
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2006, 02:01:07 pm »
Also cant wait until i get other important things out of the way to get a 360 and mod the crap out of it. 

My current X-Box: 
Ver 1.1
black/blue paint job
80mm fan replacing 60mm fan in the back
120gig Hdd
50mm HDD fan mounted on the bottom of the drive
80mm cold cathode under the cleared jewel, quite bright, blue
12" cold cathode under the front grill, blue. (this took about 4 hours to put in, major motifing involved)
All of the cathodes are sound activeted

Right not i have the money to buy 5 xbox 360 Premium editions, but i kinda need a car first. 
When i eventualy do get one, im going to do some pretty nice changes if my quess, possibly water-cooling.  HALO 3 FTW
.:*OC*:. MWTBDLTR

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2006, 06:03:35 pm »
why not just stick with a PC?

best graphics and best games what more do you want?

I have a friend who only plays consoles and doesnt understand when I talk about mods or maps for games.... it makes me sick :P

and why the f*ck didnt HALO 2 come out for PC!?

Offline A

• Soldier
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2006, 06:19:29 pm »
just wanted to give my 360 two cents. I'll keep it short.

I'm having a great time with my 360, have experienced 0 crashes.

Oblivion is great fun, I've been playing non stop. (100 percent achievements :O)

The marketplace is great for demos, but there aren't any good ones!

All in all, the system is fantastic, it needs more games though.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 06:24:58 pm »
When it comes down to it, a computer outdoes any console so I'll stick with them.  The only real advantage consoles have are exclusive games like the mario series and halo2 & 3.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2006, 06:30:06 pm »
i think every consol is just going to be crap:

1. the wii:
the wii has the stupidest controller they ever made, they will drive away much of the market with it, after 20 minutes with your arm stretched out you will ether have to switch hands or stop playing, nintendo always makes systems that are behind in terms of specs all it has going for it is its cheap as hell price and the gamemakers who have to overcome the shithole controller issues.

2. the new xbox:
the xbox 360 is the safest bet if you HAVE to get a system, you can play it at a best buy or other store before you buy it because it IS ALREADY OUT. on the negative side, the xbox only ever had 2 games that made any impact, halo one and halo two, and both of them were not even that good, they were nothing compared to games like half life 2 and quake and doom, pc is just so much better, the only thing people want from xbox is halo 3, that game alone will sell a huge amount of systems, which is sad, because they are wasting their money, online is nothing but what we should all expect from these consoles, gamecube is the last system that doesnt have multiplayer online stuffs.

3. playstation 3
it makes no difference that it has better stats and like the playstation 2 is pushing for a large amount of games for every type of player whether it is final fantasy or metal gear solid or sports games and devil may cry gran tourismo and other games, the price is so outragios! for that amount of money you could get a computer and do way more then play games, and for a little more, you might as well go for a computer, playstation is just too high priced and they are still going to lose money on the thing, it will not have enough ready in time for release and it will cost way to much so playstation 3 is going to sink.

bottom line: if you dont have a pc yet and you are reading these forums on a library computer when you are supposed to be researching about the mylasian prime minister, by one before even thinking about these, and if you have a computer, just upgrade it instead, and finally if your computer is upgraded, keep your money so you can buy games for the computer instead of wasting any time on these.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan