Author Topic: Mancer's Ruger tips!  (Read 14011 times)

Offline UGK

• Major
Re: Mancer's Ruger tips!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 03:48:08 pm »
Well, I guess these don't apply for R/S. Having 30% sensitivity with Ruger just kills you because of the recoil.
<n00bface> i like big droopy fittas

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 07:30:01 pm »
For those of you who improved as you lowered your sensitivity. Take into account that you're probably also concentrating more than before, improving your aim. More so, you're practicing more,  no doubt you're also a better shot at 100% or 50% or 130% now that you've improved.

Undershooting and overshooting are neither bad nor good as the only thing that really matters is the bullet arch. I undershoot or overshoot as necessary in order to see further behind my enemy or further behind me, as the screen follows the cursor. Overshooting may well allowing to see more enemies incoming and allow you to react.

I do not agree with vertical shoorting, shootign up is difficult yes, gravity is against the bullet and makes it skew a bit more, but I often put myself in a position where I jump over or fly over an enemy in order to shoot down for an almost guaranteed headshot while he only gets to shoot your feet. Another use for this is that in realistic, you can zigzag atop your enemy so that he keeps losing you from his sight. Soldat field of view in realistic is a everything to the right or left of a vertical line atop the player.

I also disagree with watching the crosshair so much. There are nuances in the enemies movement that can allow you to react. the nade arm recoiling, or reloading. So you know when to attack and when to retreat. Peripheral vision is the best.

To GAMEOVER. Unlike a wiki, this is a forum for discussion.

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 07:51:33 pm »
It was already stated that this does not apply to everyone, so theres no real point in posting your disagreements.
"If for any reason you disagree with any of the previous, simply ignore it and do it your own way. This is how I aim, and if you want to aim like me, follow my rules."

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 08:42:21 pm »
How the hell do you guys play with such high sensitivity >_>

Just playing with 90% feels like my mouse is whipping everywhere out of control. It's like...impossible to keep steady aim.

I think it's nuts myself and don't see the advantage of lowering it to that level, especially since your viewpoint is tied to the cursor. Having such a low mouse sensitivity prevents extending that view  to the edges of the screen, at least without crippling your ability to respond to threats quickly.

Offline phiktion

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 05:20:34 am »
Just get a S&S steel pad, with a MX518 logitech mouse, take out the weight inside to give it a lighter feel, put mouse skates on the bottom of your mouse, put it on a setting play with that setting for a year and never change it and you will be godly.

My speed is rather fast and I like it that way, and I can aim perfectly, steelpad + mx518 + teflon = godly

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 06:06:38 am »
I use 5% sensitivity because I'm cool like that. My shots are waaay more accurate than any of yours.

Yeah so I get raped in servers because it takes five minutes to switch the view left to right, but I'm deadly accurate.

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 08:45:29 am »
Just get a S&S steel pad, with a MX518 logitech mouse, take out the weight inside to give it a lighter feel, put mouse skates on the bottom of your mouse, put it on a setting play with that setting for a year and never change it and you will be godly.

My speed is rather fast and I like it that way, and I can aim perfectly, steelpad + mx518 + teflon = godly
If have the same mouse, which teflon pads do you use?
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 10:39:41 am »
It was already stated that this does not apply to everyone, so theres no real point in posting your disagreements.
"If for any reason you disagree with any of the previous, simply ignore it and do it your own way. This is how I aim, and if you want to aim like me, follow my rules."
We're discussing the finer points.

Offline Liber Lupus

• Soldier
  • shoulddrinkmore
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 01:44:40 pm »

I bought the same mouse and some kind of a huge gaming mat. It feels different than it did with a cheap mouse and a small mat. Requires to get used to though, but I'm sure I'll get better as I keep playing with it.

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 11:54:49 pm »
I need to keep my sensitivity up. Many servers require fast reflexes and my crosshair is gonna be dragging along if I lower it.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 06:41:28 am »
^ That's what I thought for a while aswell. When I first lowered the sensitivity, every time someone ran past me, I was as good as dead. Once you get used to it though, your shots will be much more accurate, and the difference will be very notable :o

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 07:08:27 am »
So what do you have your sensitivity set at, Demonic?

EDIT: I edited the threadstarter to get rid of any evidence of that heretic's name of which we do not speak, treacharous scum, taking credit for that which he did not publish! >:(
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 09:22:04 pm by ultraman »

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 07:13:56 am »
We're discussing the finer points.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that, it's a forum, it keeps good tips at the top, and it makes discussion, let's not bicker guys. =)

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 08:08:58 am »
That's what I thought for a while aswell. When I first lowered the sensitivity, every time someone ran past me, I was as good as dead.

I dont know about you. But I'd rather be able to have perfect aim rather than worrying about people running past me (Which is really, really, easy to recover from if you know how. Just tuck and roll while your moving your cursor)

Honestly I've been using these for such a long time trivial things like this are a thing of the past. They don't even come into play anymore once your able to get 5 kills per death.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline n0b-

• Soldier
  • Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls
    • Russian Soldat Community Homepage
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 08:41:37 am »
What dpi is this percentage based on? 800?

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 08:44:06 am »
I just started lowering my mouse sensitivity today, I played with 65 % sensitivity and i already noticed a big difference in my accuracy (it was better ;D). I lowered it again to 40%, that's pretty damn slow for me (still practising). But 5%?!?! That's waaaay to slow man I realli don't noe how you do it. ???
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 08:59:08 am »
Well my Sens is at 51%, at one point I was at 31%. using Mancer's tips really helped me discover my own style to aim and whatnot.

So Thank You Mancer :)

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 11:53:46 pm »
Taking the sensitivty down gradually is a good idea. Not just because it helps you adapt. Some people might not like 30% sensitivity - too slow. 100% sensitivty is too fast.

I actually ended up used 60%, and its helped a ton with my Steyr. It's not hard to move my cursor around and change view quickly, and it keeps my aim steady. I'm a guy who likes my speed.

The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2007, 06:47:05 pm »
I nearly crapped my drawers on Chakras 150%. Could not keep my mouse in the same place for half a second. I didn't like Mancer's 30% either, I found my rugering comfort zone at 50%. I do everything else at 90%

The crosshair trick is pretty bad IMO, I can generally interpret my normal gross overshooting.

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 06:21:42 am »
Yeah, I've been using these tips for a while now, and they really have improved, And like stated in the tips, its good for any gun. It really helps with longer range, slower firing guns like the AK, Deagles ( i sux with those bad though) and the ruger. I started at 100%, then lowered to 85, and eventually got down to 45% where im at now. Once you get used to how slow it is, it actually seems normal, and you can fling your mouse back to get people that run past you, just takes some time.  Im even considering dropping it down to 40% as im completely used to 45% and mebey that extra 5% lower will give me that extra boost on accuracy.

This tips are FANTASTIC for ANYONE that plays this game, new and old alike.  Very good tips Mancer.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.