Author Topic: Famous Forum-goers Mod ! (need ideas)  (Read 5039 times)

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
Famous Forum-goers Mod ! (need ideas)
« on: January 05, 2007, 07:39:20 pm »
Alright dudes, here's the plan : I want to make a weapon only mod about the more famous forum-goers, like Eagles-Arrows, that 't' guy, Vig (maybe). Each gun would be modled and named after it's forumer, e.g. Eagles Arrows would be a rambo-style bow that fires eagles :)

Because I went to Montreal and my imagination stayed behind, I need some suggestions for people. Just  post a nomination (for your self or others) and a couple of themes for guns and their ammo. Go ahead, I dare you ;)

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
Re: Famous Forum-goers Mod ! (need ideas)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 08:01:05 pm »
Make Keron a gun which takes over other players by underlining their guns, then denies it. :P

Make a gun based on Ru. Ask him for a voice sample, and make it the fire sound. Also, it should instantly kill whatever it touches and go through people.

Make FLAB a slow flight device which gradually picks up speed. Like the space shuttle, which has the aerodynamic properties of a brick with wings.

Avarax's gun should shoot that bomb thing he's got as an avatar.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 08:30:16 pm »
Alright, let me restate this : weapons that are possible :) Possibly the only thing that anyone could ever do (other than EnEsCe and MM) would be the second and the fourth one.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 08:49:43 pm »
The weapons xtishereb mentioned are 100% possible.

Am I "famous" enough for this?
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 09:14:36 pm »
Make Keron's gun shoot fists. That disarms people, probably the equivalent of taking people over in Soldat.

Also, the gradually gaining speed is possible if you set the speed boost to less than what Soldat views as the highest possible speed. Make it -100 speed with shotgun pellets for starters, adjust as needed.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 09:25:22 pm »
Oh I knew the fists, but I understood it as something similar to that pervasive lag glitch goin' around. When you switch teams on a high-ping server, it's possible for you to kind of spectate another player, but have partial control over 'em. Y'can't do that with fists :)

And you may have misunderstood what putting negative speed values creates, it doesn't fire things slowly, it fires 'em backwards. I didn't fully grasp what you meant though, so could you re-explain ?

And Mister C., you are definately 'famous' enough :) Heck, I might get nominations (for anyone) then start a poll to find out who gets in.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 09:35:50 pm »
Maybe make one for vis that fires knives.

Do you think I am famous enough?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 09:37:02 pm »
Mistercharles = win.
jrgp = win.

Brock = Failure.  Not here long enough.  Kills...  Paparazzi.
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 09:39:00 pm »
And you may have misunderstood what putting negative speed values creates, it doesn't fire things slowly, it fires 'em backwards. I didn't fully grasp what you meant though, so could you re-explain ?
I think that if you have the speed not be the maximum Soldat allows you to go normally (while falling, for example), then you can have acceleration as the speed increases to the maximum. I haven't tried this, so feel free to shoot me down after testing it.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 09:57:38 pm »
If you think I'm worth it, a weapon "based on" me would have to be a chainsaw replacement... Not sure exactly what, though...

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 10:03:55 pm »
Well, xtishereb, I asked how to make a projectile slowly accelerate in another forum. The short answer, was 'it's impossible'. The long answer is that the physics engine in Soldat is sophisticated enough so that, without external influence (which is impossible on bullets) things only slow down. So sorry, but it's impossible ....

As for everyone else : I'm starting a poll, anyone who wants to be nominated in should do so by ... let's say Tuesday of next week. Then I can start work on the 'weapons only' mod over the weekend. Of course, if you want to volunteer to do your own gun then by all means do so :)

BTW, that means voting will open Wednsday.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:05:30 pm by Raithah »

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 10:09:57 pm »
I've been a member since ... eh spring 2005, no? Not the longest, but quite some. Since Zeor wants the chainsaw, I'll take the LAW, if accepted.

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 10:15:55 pm »
I'm doing a poll.

Everyone. Is. In.

Until you're voted off :D

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 02:20:15 am »
Heh, could be a laugh... go for it, and good luck making it.

Make a gun based on Ru. Ask him for a voice sample, and make it the fire sound. Also, it should instantly kill whatever it touches and go through people.
Shooting banhammers maybe? ;)

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 02:22:29 am »
Can I be in it? I could shoot smiley faces or something!

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 07:40:39 am »
Pick me, PICK ME!
Perhaps a keg, that shoots beer mugs, that explode, throwing beer everywhere that instantly kills whatever it touches (M79 replacement).
[retard]

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 07:47:19 am »
Rambo_6... something with LOTS of explosions

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2007, 07:59:47 am »
Add me, because none of you f***s ever include me!

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 08:02:40 am »
I want the m79 replacement because well....You can't say m79 here without thinking of me. But If you can, then you don't know me.
o/

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 08:14:52 am »
Or I could do the knife replacement, a STOP sign, or maybe a guitar that you can whack someone with, some kind of bizzare melee weapon ;D