Author Topic: Capture of the week ~ revived & continued!  (Read 5481 times)

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
Re: Capture of the week ~ revived & continued!
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 06:15:04 pm »
hey you should upload to youtube since they're not that big in filesize so people don't have to download lots of files and stuff (and some people like me can't watch movies :( )

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 06:32:14 pm »
A bit longer than 3 minutes short movie, with 4 players. Different song per player would mean.. what, 30 seconds of a song? That's just stupid. If each player had a 2 minute scene, than it would make sense ¬_¬

Better quality and download size? I used the best possible encoding. Want smaller filesize, it goes in charge for quality. Feel free to give give me a better encoder.
A different song per player would be great, just a good part of the song, skip the beginning/intro to it and go for the chorus, or go for a part that fits the footage, trust me, it would be pretty good if you take some time, maybe the players could request a song for their footage even...

For quality, Go into the options for Divx, use that, set the best (for quality and size) try some of the options, like you can take the tag in the corner off if you didn't know. Divx would shave off 20 more mb atleast, second, don't use fraps, old or new, takasi (old but free) or an old version of cam studio would be good, and be sure to just take raw footage, don't bother with the compress features on any program, they suck about as much as paint sucks at .jpg
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 12:17:44 am »
It was 4 gigs originally. It compressed it to this size. If I shave off even more, you're going to see some awful quality, trust me :\

I'll upload it to google video today though.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 03:21:21 pm »
If you used dvix it should not be this size.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 01:05:42 am »
no offense, but actually it sux, excecpt for one, that multi-score, but i make (like many ppl too) sometimes even 4x in a row, my record was 9x withouth dying i think

Oh you have? Send the demos to the next cotw then and we'll see if it gets played. Footage from publics probably wont be published.

Not all pubs have total noobs, prime time on u13 has some of the best players NA soldat has to offer. I think that just because its a pub, good caps should not be ruled out. Just because someone doesnt play gathers, or has a clan/is in a clan, doesnt mean they cant have good caps.  COTW should be good caps all around, not just good caps in scrim/gathers. Just my opinion, and if people do send in caps in pub full of noobs, thats what Demonics job is, to weed out bad caps from good ones.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 01:07:50 am by Gortaak »
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 02:45:30 am »
no offense, but actually it sux, excecpt for one, that multi-score, but i make (like many ppl too) sometimes even 4x in a row, my record was 9x withouth dying i think

Oh you have? Send the demos to the next cotw then and we'll see if it gets played. Footage from publics probably wont be published.

Not all pubs have total noobs, prime time on u13 has some of the best players NA soldat has to offer. I think that just because its a pub, good caps should not be ruled out. Just because someone doesnt play gathers, or has a clan/is in a clan, doesnt mean they cant have good caps.  COTW should be good caps all around, not just good caps in scrim/gathers. Just my opinion, and if people do send in caps in pub full of noobs, thats what Demonics job is, to weed out bad caps from good ones.

Send the demos to the next cotw then and we'll see if it gets played.
Footage from publics probably wont be published. And no that is not demonics job, demonics job is to make a movie, while sneaky bastard and alper weed out the good from the bad.
I think a nice cap versus a very reputable clan >>>>>> any public cap...
People in clanwars play like a team while people in publics stat whore, camp and generally play for themselves so it's mostly a lot easier geting a cap, especially if the "good" players are unevenly distributed.
o/

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 11:09:48 am »
I think that sneaky and alper can tell if the pub players are good or not when they are watching the demos. It's just likely that they aren't so it's likely pub demos won't make it for capture of the week.

If you used dvix it should not be this size.
dvix? Do you mean DivX or Xvid...?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 11:11:43 am by DragonSlayer »

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 03:13:54 pm »
either or both.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 05:01:40 pm »
I used quality based DivX compression ( so it doesn't look like a bunch of blobs jumping around ). Any other bright ideas? :p

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2007, 08:14:56 pm »
I used quality based DivX compression ( so it doesn't look like a bunch of blobs jumping around ). Any other bright ideas? :p
did you use Dr. Divx? that thing worked great for me, and it was quick, ill even compress the file for you next time if you want.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 06:05:38 am »
Because I'll be sending a gigabyte big file over for you to compress before I do it myself, especially when I'm already spending an hour uploading it to avalanche. Sure.

I'm using virtualdub, which encodes both audio and video in a simple way. I still shave more than 90% of the file size with the compression, face it, if I try to make it 40 mb big, the quality is going to suck, in a very deephtroat like way.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 07:08:05 am »
Nice footage, especially number 2. I assume Demoic does the editing? It seems like the same style as the TIT movie. Good soundtrack as well, Outcast's and Raihaz's caps are cool. Thumbs up! Keep this going!