Author Topic: Why do people Hack  (Read 12778 times)

Offline Mjr General (FH) 1

• Major(1)
Why do people Hack
« on: January 11, 2007, 03:26:17 am »
Any thoughts on why people hack the game to create an unfair advantage for themselves, rendering the game pointless?

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
Re: Why do people Hack
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:31:00 am »
Dunno. When they get bored of the game in its natural state...they hack. Some of them suck so badly, that they need hacks to prove themselves as good players.
Some of the hackers I've run into are all like "The games sucks balls anyway...so I hack to make it better. Plus...its fun to see n00bs whine and complain when you kill them"
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Wasgood

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 05:12:37 am »
They hack because they can't play the game properly. Probably thing they are really cool and show other people that they are so skilled.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 06:50:10 am »
Soldat is so easy to play. >_>
Seriously, who needs hacks for Soldat?

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 06:52:53 am »
Spam by Enesce deleted.  I'd like to remind all forumers that if you think someone is breaking the rules here, feel free to click the Report to Moderator button but please refrain from posting about the rule-breaking.  This is simply because, more often than not, the post you're reporting isn't breaking the rules while the spam you create in the process is.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 07:41:13 am »
Part being an anonymous Internet tough guy, part just being an idiot who has nothing better to do than to pleasure himself watching others suffer. It has little to do with the game being too much of a challenge, else they would confine themselves to off-line play.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 08:05:56 am »
Because they think it's "fun".

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 11:29:26 am »
The hackers all like to say that they're bored of the game, and maybe that is part of it.... but it is a very small part.

If they were just bored of the game they wouldn't release any of the hacks.  I'm not saying I condone hacks being used in private, I'm just saying that this is clearly not their intention since they release them and make a point out of going into public servers to ruin the game.  When the hackers make videos promoting their hacks and go into publics to destroy the games, you know they are out seeking pleasure by disrupting other peoples' fun.

Hackers are stupid kiddies who may know a bit (the ones who create them, at least) but don't know how to funnel their intelligence into something useful.  EnEsCe (and some others who I don't think want me to name them here), fortunately, realized this ;)

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 11:32:18 am »
  EnEsCe (and some others who I don't think want me to name them here), fortunately, realized this ;)

Speaking of that good man, maybe he could answer this question better....

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 11:34:14 am »
  EnEsCe (and some others who I don't think want me to name them here), fortunately, realized this ;)

Having talked to him quite a bit around the time that he left the Dark Side, I'm pretty sure that his intentions in hacking are quite different from most of the other kiddies.

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 11:49:42 am »

Having talked to him quite a bit around the time that he left the Dark Side, I'm pretty sure that his intentions in hacking are quite different from most of the other kiddies.

Spill?

Oh...and I'm typing this to make up for the spam :P

Offline Not Not Muldritch

• Major
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 01:44:37 pm »
Only the most deranged will hack because it makes them feel in some way superior to the others, and the fun of being able to fly around and warp through walls whilst firing infinite M79 grenades wears off as quickly as the novelty of a minigun with the grenade bullettype does. They do it to piss you off.

In my trolling studies, the quickest way to irritate someone to the point of insulting you without verbal provocation is to hack. Hacking almost infallibly annoys people, making hacks a quick and easy tool for trolls.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 03:02:50 pm »
hackers hack because they like making games not fun for others, they also hack because they lack the skill to do something, and the pacients to get the skill. they get bored because they suck too much normally.

Just to be sure, Hacking is illegal, yes? I always figured hacking was manipulating the code of the game, and that isn't allowed by the copywrite/terms of service, and they aren't authorised to do such things.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 03:10:06 pm »
actually only server hacking is illegal (where you modify the code on the server) but since you own the character you can change how your character does stuff (thus making the character go faster isn't illegal ) but the gamemasters will still ban you
well that's what I heard

and I think hackers hack because they get bored because when I used to play gunz online I got bored of it and this guy in my clan showed me some hacks and I started using them just cos it was the only fun thing to do
especially shooting rockets from my smgs :D
but i wont hack soldat even if i get bored because I admire what Michal did and I don't want him to lose a potential person registering :)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 03:58:20 pm »
Hackers that make and release hacks like to destroy things that people put a shitload of time into and because the literally have nothing else to do.
Script-kiddies hack because they like to feel superior to not hackers and maybe the game seems boring and unimportant to them.

Either way, both are douche-bags and should be banned off the internet.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 04:16:16 pm »
Flame by Not Not Muldritch deleted. Everyone give a hand to Not Not Muldritch he has his first warning!
@ii

Offline AND1

• Major
  • I like it
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 04:22:59 pm »
I just hate when some guy hacks that you see and then you say that he hacks, and he says his mighty word: Whine?  >:(

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 05:34:19 pm »
Or when the team that he is on while hacking refuses to vote against him because he is putting their score so high?
I often like to think that hackers are (and this is probably true for the majority) some 8 year old in his room with a voice like a flute and a disinterest in the opposite gender who would like to waste his life in immaturity and other scandalous activities online where he THINKS he can hide out like a grown adult...
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 06:34:57 pm »
I usually go out of my way to kill hackers.
I get good aim practice, and they get pissed off and leave.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 09:17:55 pm »
I think they're compensating for something. Maybe they're not willing to practice or learn but still want to be great.

I've seen hacked .exe mods for games that put in extra features, fix bugs or allow for new game modes. Some hacks are acceptable (especially the ones MIT does!), and as long as it's not public, nobody really cares.

Geez, if you hack a shareware 2D shooter made by some guy in Poland, that's pathetic. Why not try breaking Steam? Get them to give you free games AND never have them find out about it WITHOUT using programs you didn't write by yourself using only your own code. That will prove you're more of a hacker than getting used as target practice by people like MofoNofo.
<3*xwd
love conquers all