Author Topic: Bots work off-line; on-line they just stand?  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
Bots work off-line; on-line they just stand?
« on: January 13, 2007, 10:33:34 am »
I and others have created multiple bots hoping to use them in place of Boogie Man. I tested the bots off-line and had them uploaded to the server, but when I add them the bot just stands still and does nothing, regardless of the default map in play. Not only that, but adding the non-default bot forces either another bot or the player who added the bot to disconnect.

Any ideas what is causing this? The only bot bug I've come across reading this forum or in the archives has to do with having a primary weapon selected as a secondary, which none of the bots do. I'm at a loss since, at least off-line, everything runs fine. :-\

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
Re: Bots work off-line; on-line they just stand?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 07:00:25 pm »
do you mean in place of boogie man, as in saved over boogie man.bot? That might be a problem, I dont know why it would be the problem, but it might have something to do with it.
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 09:51:56 pm »
Use a different bot. In very rare instances bots will do nothing no matter what (good for playtesting, lol).

If you're using all sorts of bots and the waypoints are not working online, I have no idea what's wrong; I've never heard of such a bug before

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 09:57:17 pm »
Use a different bot. In very rare instances bots will do nothing no matter what (good for playtesting, lol).

Acts the same for multiple bots created (20-something bots). Bots were created with Bot Maker downloaded from selfkill. I really have no idea. They look basically the same as the default bots.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 02:42:37 am »
Did you try any default bots or were all those custom? Try default bots.

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 03:29:52 am »
Use another botmaker.  I don't remember the extent of the problem 'cos it's something I haven't dealt with in a couple of years, but some botmakers use a system of colour-assigning that isn't compatible with linux servers.  Otherwise you could just copy and paste the colour settings from a default bot into the new bot.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 05:23:48 pm »
Use another botmaker.  I don't remember the extent of the problem 'cos it's something I haven't dealt with in a couple of years, but some botmakers use a system of colour-assigning that isn't compatible with linux servers.  Otherwise you could just copy and paste the colour settings from a default bot into the new bot.

Ah, I bet that must be it. :) Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea how I can identify a Linux-friendly bot creation program or how I can edit the color assignments manually to make it acceptable on a Linux server?