Author Topic: 10+ bots = lag why?  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Terrordog

• Major(1)
10+ bots = lag why?
« on: January 04, 2007, 09:00:20 am »
Well if i host a server whit dedicated server 2.5.2 and when i wanna host a match whit 10+more bots the bots would lag like hell,like thej would run 10 metres in front of the real bot and disapear like 5 seconds tjen reapeer in real form this is very anoying and does not happen when host a server whit 10+ via soldat,is there any fix no i cannot host a server via soldat its necesary i host it via dedicated 2.5.2,and no there is no way i can get my bots below 10 how can u make a zombie,bot,mecha war whitout having 10+ chainsawers ? so help  :-\ fix or bug ?

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
Re: 10+ bots = lag why?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 09:06:24 am »
Your computer is too laggy, get a new one.

Offline Terrordog

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 09:32:40 am »
u wish...its a new one whit the best ghrpic card for a cpi port,whit 2gb free trading memory and 320gb of space (190gb left)
so i dont think its my computer also other people have the same problem on my server

Date Posted: January 04, 2007, 09:09:38 AM
well...?!

Date Posted: January 04, 2007, 09:14:56 AM
thx for ansering your so awsome (not rlly)

Date Posted: January 04, 2007, 09:32:06 AM
mind if i smite u some more ? :p

Offline peemonkey

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 09:37:45 am »
What's your connection speed, and quit being such an annoyin' little kid.

Offline Terrordog

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 09:38:20 am »
does connection speed mather when u play on your own server ?

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 09:40:10 am »
does connection speed mather when u play on your own server ?

No, I think he was under the impression that you were playing with other people AND a bunch of bots

Offline Terrordog

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 09:43:30 am »
yes thats the idea,but i'm testing the maps (waypoints) and bot strenght by hosting my serverthen joining in but the bots laglike i said..and then when somebody enters he would play and have fun until he notice the bots lag and leaves...

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 09:46:19 am »
Okay, first of all there's this sexy button above your posts:

It's really useful, go ahead and try it next time instead of replying more or less pointless messages when you are the last user to post in the thread.

Okay, on to your question.

u wish...its a new one whit the best ghrpic card for a cpi port,whit 2gb free trading memory and 320gb of space (190gb left)
so i dont think its my computer also other people have the same problem on my server

Is that the specs of your server computer? Also, do you play on the same computer as that one? Your graphic card doesn't really matter at all if you only have a dedicated server running, the thing that pulls the train to the biggest part is the processor. So, what model and how fast is it?

You tell me you have 2 GB of... I assume you mean RAM memory. That should be sufficient... again, disk space doesn't matter really in this case.

If you however play on the same computer as your server you are practically bound to lag down the actual server. Other people have the same problem you say, that means that the lag bit is either in your server computer being to busy and slowing down the dedicated server process. How fast is your connection speed, up and down?

Edit: four people got ahead of me here, so please excuse me if I repeat any questions.

Offline Terrordog

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 09:52:09 am »
yes its the same computer,like i said when i do it via soldat i dont get any lag...i  putted 30 zombie bots (the max) and i had no lag (only shocking lag) but the choking lag is normal for 30bots but really if i host it whit the dedicated 10+ bots the bots lag not me or the players only the bots like when ibot trows a nade u see it fly after 5 seconds but its already trown,also bots that run  past u then reapear infront of me inthere real bot form want me to make a demo about it and post it just ask me and il do it

if u ask me its a dedicated server bug...

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 09:53:45 am »
No, it's because you run two actual Soldat related programs at the same time. When you do it via Soldat it is slightly faster because it doesn't have to do a bit of a detour between the client and the server.

And I'd like to know fast your processor is.

Offline Terrordog

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 10:08:38 am »
then why have other people the same problem

Date Posted: January 04, 2007, 10:04:13 AM
my procesor speed is 2.80ghz

Date Posted: January 04, 2007, 10:05:43 AM
heres a demo http://dl8.ohshare.com/v/2980790/demo3.sdm.html
sorry but i wasnt in the mood for pressing the button  :-*

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 10:12:41 am »
what IP are you using to join the game?

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 10:13:12 am »

Because you are lagging down the actual server yourself, and the players connected to the server experiences this too. Try hosting once without playing on the same computer.

Your processor should be sufficient... any programs running in the background? Anti-virus?

Offline Terrordog

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 01:00:39 pm »

Because you are lagging down the actual server yourself, and the players connected to the server experiences this too. Try hosting once without playing on the same computer.

Your processor should be sufficient... any programs running in the background? Anti-virus?
i hosted a climb server some time and when i joined at my dynamic ip (needed because i have a router) same i use now to join my game it never lagged  the climb server y climb server never lagegd once not even when limewire shareaza and batlefield 2142 where running in the background i'm telling you it got nothing to do whit ma computer,nor me joining the game...if you saw the demo you should see the bots and see what the problem is

Date Posted: January 04, 2007, 12:58:45 PM
like i said nothing is rong when hosting a server on the soldat game itself only on dedicated and i have no idea what's cousing it...

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 01:10:19 pm »
When you're joining your own server:
- If it is on the same computer, join via the IP 127.0.0.1
- If it is another computer on your network, join via your local network's IP for that computer.

Using your dynamic IP assigned by your ISP to join a computer with a lot of bots causes every single piece of data from your server to go out to your ISP and then back, causing the lag you're seeing because you're trying to run a server that needs more bandwidth than you have.  Joining your own server using one of the two solutions above will cause everything to be handled locally.  The first one is better than the second.

Offline -{Phoenix}-

• Major
  • /<**
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 04:21:35 pm »
2 words... sh!T computer, get a new 1 mate
FEAR - fear is not to be feared - fear is edge - fear keeps you on your toes - fear keeps one eye open when you sleep - fear adds caution to courage - conquer fear and fear is not your foe, its your friend.

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 10:56:43 am »
2 words... sh!T computer, get a new 1 mate
2 words... useless post.

Do you play in network mode?
If you want to play with others, try to hold the number of bots low, your pc has to send the information of the other bots on your pc, that increases lag.
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 11:05:28 am »
I'm locking this because:
1) Terrordog got banned for being a **** to admins
2) this is turning into just spam and it isn't helping anyone.