Author Topic: Tobbygnome's Call of Duty Mod  (Read 6727 times)

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
Re: Tobbygnome's Call of Duty Mod
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 11:35:23 am »
Slayer DZ MY HEROE
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 11:43:04 am »
I think it looks awful in its current state. Lots of the guns are unproportioned and need better shading. Your stocks on some of your guns look crooked. When making gun sprites try this-- sketch out an outline for a weapon first that way you can see how it will look in shape. Then start shading it in. Making a specific color palette and using it for all or most of your weapons is easy and makes everything look like it belongs together. For being your first mod (if it is) you did a great job. My first mod was pathetic.. well hope all this helps, good luck.

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 01:12:27 pm »
It's coming together nicely now, I downloaded and played with it, and I must say that your weapons-gfx look good. On the other hand, the interface guns have a lack of detail imo. Keep working on this and it'll be a very decent mod.

Offline Tobbygnome

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 04:49:45 pm »
thx guys, but h hm cant u see the shading on the new beta 2 weapons, i meen i copied them straight from a real pic in call of duty. Also i hope u like the actuall GAME becoz i did countless tests, using my laptop and PC to get the exact firing rate of each gun from the call of duty game(cod2 mostly). The reload time was tampered with just a bit though, only 2 make it fair, since this is a different paced game. I was went in ACD See 8.0 PRO to change and tweak the textures to make the scenery dark and charcoal like. I have mostly worked on the weapon GFX and gun interface GFX. The sounds are also the real sounds taken from the IWD files located in the "main" folder in the cod2 folder, and so having all the sounds, i changed all of the ones i thought were neccesary. that is all on my overview and here is what to come for Tobby's COD MOD.

1)Better Interfaces.
2)More sound files
3)More tweaked textures
4)A change of the scenary files to make the scenary look more like cod

Thx :)

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 07:55:32 pm »
We are not all around 15, im 11, after all
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 09:31:05 pm »
The weapons look O.K, but they all could use shading. The Lugers need a slightly thicker barrel or something.

The Panzerfaust looks like a giant lollipop, maybe you should try out a different weapon...Or a different flavor...
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.