Author Topic: ctf_Nomad  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
ctf_Nomad
« on: January 14, 2007, 10:10:16 am »
New map. Thanks go to VirtualTT and SK for awesome sceneries, Boxo for inf_raibo's texture, and some old geek who made an ancient map called ctf_stonage, for this is a remake of that.

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
Re: ctf_Nomad
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 10:47:51 am »
Very nice, shading looks good, and the name fits the atmosphere.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 11:55:05 am »
I see you attempted to create outposts also regarding my style, but you weren't quite successful at that because those sharp edges in the alpha and bravo towers ought to be quite annoying if you get stuck in them and the only player collides polygons kick you off (suspect). the map layout is too basic and lacks some special details that would make it overviewable. the scenery selection for the lower tunnel is worse than generic and the light in the middle is too annoying and bright.
its sprayish and there is no cover for people who move on the upper part of the map.
you kindergarden kids dont even know what paranoia is.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 12:19:54 pm by Horve »

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 12:09:38 pm »
I appreciate your criticism, but you shouldn't be paranoid about people "stealing" your style. I made the outposts because the original map has them aswell ( Click ). Originally I used a fairly similiar texture to raibo's ( click again ), but after some changing, this one looks better :p

Also, after playtesting it, the map's only problem is the fps drop caused by the transparent bushes. I might replace vtt's scenery with default ones, and use more of a Conquest style vegetation, but that's yet to be decided ( need moar tests ).

Offline chakkkkkka

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 12:15:42 pm »
Allready played some hours ago. I really like this map

Just two things which can be changed:
- The lower way is a tad too dark
- i dont like the grass

Offline Boxo

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 12:20:28 pm »
Map is too big for it's simplicity and the flagbuildings are annoying when attacking from the tunnels. Pretty generic overall. The tower should be fun though and it cuts out spray well.

its a nice map and all, but I dont like the fact that you included the same texture I used right after I released raibo without waiting or hesitating, which is annoying, but I also soo you attempted to create outposts also regarding my style, but you failed fairly miserably at that because those sharp edges in the alpha and bravo towers ought to be quite annoying if you get stuck in them and the only player collides polygons kick you off (suspect). the map layout is too basic and lacks some special details that would make it overviewable. the scenery selection for the lower tunnel is worse than generic and the light in the middle is too annoying and bright.
Seriuosly shut up about people "stealing" your style, it's not your texture and whining because someone has a similar style is pretty pointless.

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 12:23:16 pm »
Yeah, the map is very fun. I agree that the bottom part is too dark (I even have a pretty bright monitor) on the sides.

Overall it's a nice remake of StoneAge (one of my favorite custom maps from years back). Also I love the grass, it looks really nice. My FPS doesn't drop at all, but I have a fairly good computer.

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 12:31:42 pm »
I love StoneAge and this looks really good as well. I haven't played it yet but you can expect some more feedback once I have played it. :D

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 09:26:25 am »

Nominated for the MotW-Award #6 by Boxo
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host