Author Topic: Bot help (talking and grenades)  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Rymdkejsaren

• Major(1)
Bot help (talking and grenades)
« on: January 14, 2007, 09:27:49 pm »
I'm having some fun with making zombie bots, but I need some help.

First of all, I am wondering if it's possible to make the bots not say "Die <name>!". It's not appropriate for zombies. Second, I've set grenade frequency to 0 in the Bot editor (i.e. a value of 1000) but every now and again, a bot will throw a grenade. That's not approriate for zombies either. Is there anyway to stop this... setting the number even higher maybe?

Oh and is it possible to change the name and/or colour of the teams as a serverside variable. Would be nice to have a deeper green, and the team being named Zombies. Currently all my zombies are named a zombie btw, which is a nice tough for death and kill messages. :D

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Bot help (talking and grenades)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:04:54 pm »
If you don't want them to say something, remove all text after the = sign in the appropriate command. I think the same goes for grenade-frequency.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:13:45 pm »
The "Die <playername>" is built-in. You'll have to disable Bot chat in the soldat.ini file.

Offline Doc

• Soldier
    • Soldat Files Directory
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 07:41:55 am »
I already forgot all teh things that i learned when i was working with bots for one of my scripts ut isnt teh grenade this is maximum of 10000?

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 09:59:01 pm »
I think the same goes for grenade-frequency.

Sorry to bump an "old" topic, but I'm having the same exact issue, this topic is still on the front page, and the solutions posted just don't work. :( I've tried negative digits, and the bots still throw grenades. I tried removing both the part after the equal sign and the line altogether, and then Soldat just doesn't load the bots. (They appear on screen but do not remove or respond in any way, acknowledge waypoints, and even lose their name.)

Does anyone have an idea? I'd think the two bot creator's "0%" grenade frequency would mean, well, 0%, but it doesn't. :( The only semi-solution I can think of is just setting the starting grenade value at zero and have people rely on grenade kits for supplies. The only problem with that is the grenade kits don't appear on my maps. :-\

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 10:46:51 pm »
Hmm....Kinda stupid idea....but why not try putting 1%....They'd still throw a grenade, but only once....maybe twice a game. It's better than nothing :)
Just another soul to burn.