Author Topic: Fraps/Virtual Dub Problem? = Solved  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Jeph

• Major(1)
Fraps/Virtual Dub Problem? = Solved
« on: January 15, 2007, 06:50:21 pm »
Hello everyone. I have a problem. Fraps dosn't seem to be cooperating. It works fine, and records soldat demos, but then the new .avi files won't open for me in VLC. It didn't seem like much of a problem at first, but then when I opened the movie in V Dub and tried to compress it with the DivX codec, it says "The source image format is not acceptable." So then I tried to compress it with a XVid, and it seemed to be working fine. However, once it finished, the new .avi would still not play in VLC or any media players I have. Any Advice?

Date Posted: January 15, 2007, 06:06:15 PM
I figured out the Source Image format error. For those of you who may have had the same problem, the fraps website says: "Divx6 places restrictions on the video resolution for many of its profiles and this may cause an error when handling large Fraps videos. In Virtualdub you can go to the Divx codec configuration screen and set it to use the "Unconstrained Profile". This will allow you to encode movies of any resolution and won't generate the source format error."