Author Topic: wall flip  (Read 3940 times)

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
Re: wall flip
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 05:38:55 pm »
Yup

|   |
|   |
|   |/ ////
|
|__               ___Flag
     ^^^^^^
Here a wall flip is required (assume the spike length is too much for a horizontal backflip.

Wait, are you suggesting that a wall flip would generate more horizontal movement than a backflip? That sounds a bit far-fetched, don't you think? I'm not really against the idea of being able to jump off walls (although I really do like it the way it is now), but I really don't like the thought of people traversing more than half a screen (if it lets you move more than a backflip) by merely pushing off a wall.

actually, they could work together. the move ideally can be performed without leaving the ground if desired.  in the figure, the soldat lands at the bottom of the shaft, runs into the wall to his left, wallflips, then finds him self running along the ground for a little bit at a pretty fast pace.  he then jumps and does a backflip to make a longer jump then if he had done it without wall flipping.

That was the original intent.  If you thought i meant that the dude could jump left into the wall and simply bounce off all the way over the spikes... you were correct to feel that that is very extreme.

Date Posted: January 17, 2007, 05:37:28 PM
if the wall is at the right side, why not just press D, A, W + Right-mouse-button? :P

plz clarify this post, i dont understand it
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 05:50:30 pm »
He means that you can already do a backflip.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 06:37:37 pm »
::)

There is no current move that will let you speed into a wall and quickly change directions without going very high off the ground.

**popsofctown repeats himself**
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 08:29:58 am »
I didnt go very high.

I've suggested this like early last year- i dont think it's really that important to the game.
Although I LOVE these little moves you can do (being a saw user, movement is very important), but some of them are just NOT needed....

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 10:00:56 pm »
u cant do the thing in ur picture to cross my ascii-drawn wall of spikes.  my thing can be done without leaving the ground at all, unless for some reason the move needs to be changed to a smal jump for coding purposes. 

Even if you can do the same thing, it takes different amounts of time, and you go though different parts of the space around you to do it.  you do a little loop in ur picture just to change directions.

ur being way to technical.  technically, we dont need the backflip, cuz hey, you can just jet to whatever spot you want to get to with it.  hey, we dont even need to jump, u can just jet to leave the ground.  we dont do that, cuz the moves are different (usually, faster)

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 10:04:15 pm »
I dunno if I am going to need to post that picture again, as I post my picture on like everyone of your new acrobat topics, but I am still convinced that my idea is awesome and needs to get in soldat.
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2007, 04:06:56 pm »
yours is good to.  it is different from mine though.  i like seeing your picture.

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 02:20:23 pm »
The idea is realy awsome, treuly, hpe it will be added, or maybe that its being added to MM's new Game.

Offline Grimreck

• Major
  • The RYNO is back: be smart! Be afraid!!
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2007, 02:28:54 pm »

There is no current move that will let you speed into a wall and quickly change directions without going very high off the ground.

thats why they made bouncy polys. you want to wall flip/jump just but angled bouncy polys so when you jump into them the give you fast horizontal, slightly vertical motion

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2007, 02:40:12 pm »

I beg to differ ! When you're playing, there's always a feature that makes you (temporarily) invulnurable and rockets you in the opposite direction. When playing, quickly do a roll backwards while jetting. For example, if you were running right then the EFC goes over your head; you jam the down and left buttons then with a slight delay hit the jets. It's kinda tricky to pull off but it can filp directions at the drop of a coin :)

Edit: Attatched demo.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 02:45:02 pm by Raithah »

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 05:32:52 pm »
there's always a feature that makes you (temporarily) invulnurable and rockets you in the opposite direction. When playing, quickly do a roll backwards while jetting. For example, if you were running right then the EFC goes over your head; you jam the down and left buttons then with a slight delay hit the jets. It's kinda tricky to pull off but it can filp directions at the drop of a coin :)

I do that all the time, it's not hard at all ??? ... and it doesn't matter which way you face when you roll. On top of that, that roll is actually quite a slow method of changing direction.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=74ZYNERW
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 05:35:00 pm by -Vis- »

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 05:45:27 pm »
Point one : Please don't make me wait a minute to download a demo ;)

Point two : It's actualy rather easy to pull off for someone who's played for a couple weeks or more; but a couple of my nooby (no offense if they read this) buddies find it impossibly difficult. It's also a very quick method of changing directions compared to the alternatives (back-flipping, stopping and turning around, etc.). Plus the guy was looking for a way to turn around without leaving the ground. So there :p

Edit: Point three : I do my rolls with the jets, it makes it go faster. Plus you still cannot get hit by ordinary bullets and nades seem to lag when rolling.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 05:48:40 pm by Raithah »

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2007, 05:52:33 pm »
It's not fast though. Rolling with jets is faster than rolling without, but it's just as fast (if not faster) to hit the ground and jump backwards as much as possible (including forward sliding, not like in my demo). I wouldn't really call small jumps "leaving the ground", not like jetting up anyway. And who cares if you can't get hit when rolling.. you can't fire either. :P
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:00:14 pm by -Vis- »

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2007, 06:00:07 pm »
Actualy, if your a barret user, holding down the fire button while rolling counts towards the startup time. So if you hold it down right after you roll you can turn around, avoid fire, then shoot back w/ a sniper bolt. It's great in the snipe 'n slice :)

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2007, 06:05:10 pm »
Actualy, if your a barret user, holding down the fire button while rolling counts towards the startup time. So if you hold it down right after you roll you can turn around, avoid fire, then shoot back w/ a sniper bolt. It's great in the snipe 'n slice :)

You mean if YOU'RE a barret user... why are so many people making that mistake these days?!? ::)

Anyway, you're right, but your point isn't valid in my case, because I don't use the barret much, and when I go in snipe 'n slice I like to go saw only. :P But when I do use the barret, I don't like to charge the shot as I roll, because I usually end up not taking enough time to aim. I guess you barret pros might find it useful. :P

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2007, 06:11:23 pm »
//offtopic// I just put that little tidbit in there just to see if anyone would correct me. How's that for social engineering ?!?//offtopic//

:D

Edit: So as not to post more and push this even further off topic, you are talking about the it's right ? Levels upon levels of compelxity ...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:38:22 pm by Raithah »

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2007, 06:20:01 pm »
//offtopic// I just put that little tidbit in there just to see if anyone would correct me. How's that for social engineering ?!?//offtopic//

:D

More offtopic... only because it's that particular tidbit... I already whined about that particular spelling error on another forum, because it's so incredibly common. Anything else, and I wouldn't have bothered. Notice I didn't correct the other obvious mistake.

Edit: Meh... I just tried to precharge the barret shot while rolling like you said, and apparently it doesn't work. After the roll, it still takes the same amount of time to fire.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:49:16 am by -Vis- »

Offline Emperor

• Major(1)
  • Current soldat nick: Cadaver
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2007, 11:19:22 am »
...And back to the wall-jump?  ;)

Personally I think this would just be another small trinket to play with. Nothing spectacular or cool.

In other words: Not worth the trouble no matter how easy it would be to add to the game.
"Than" and "Then". See the difference?
"Noone" is NOT a word.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2007, 07:00:27 pm »
^^mhm, all i remember from ur post is "trinket" and "easy to add to the game".

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 02:24:53 pm »
I would love to do a wall flip

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!