Author Topic: Game Suggestions..suggestion  (Read 1961 times)

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
Game Suggestions..suggestion
« on: January 15, 2007, 11:07:36 pm »
My suggestion is that when somebody posts a suggestion that will NEVER happen, I.E., those in the sticky, the original thread starter gets warned. They should know to read the stickies before posting. That's pretty much what they're for.

Reading. So, maybe if somebody asks for vehicles, a mod or whatever locks, deletes, and warns.  Despite you guys putting a sticky there, some people persistently post about vehicles, new guns, destructible/moving environments, etc.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: Game Suggestions..suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 11:13:07 pm »
Now lets not be cold-hearted here. Someone makes a post without reading a sticky and its just the same old crap. Thats getting locked anyway(Thats where the people help out the mods with that handy "Report to Moderator" button) Warning a fellow just for trying to help out a game he likes, well thats mean. Only time a warning will be given out is if a member keeps on posting crap without reading stickies/not listening to a moderator about posting rules.
@ii

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
sdf
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 11:14:20 pm »
I think just locking the topic is and notifying the poster enough, I don't really see the point in giving the poster a warning because they just aren't doing anything bad enough, in my opinion.
There are other worlds than these

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:18:33 pm »
No! -Slams fist on desk with rage! Rage!-

They should know! I know I'm not exactly a prime example of Ms. Followstherules, but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! IF WE DO NOT QUELL THESE... THESE... HERETICS, BEFORE LONG, THEY WILL FLOOD THE STREETS! We must take action while we still can! No excuses! Punishment must be swift, brutal and without question of any moral or physical repercussions!

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 11:22:15 pm »
No! -Slams fist on desk with rage! Rage!-

They should know! I know I'm not exactly a prime example of Ms. Followstherules, but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! IF WE DO NOT QUELL THESE... THESE... HERETICS, BEFORE LONG, THEY WILL FLOOD THE STREETS! We must take action while we still can! No excuses! Punishment must be swift, brutal and without question of any moral or physical repercussions!
You should calm down, you're blowing this way out of proportion.  And yes, I do know that you are joking, but still, a person suggesting something without reading the stickies in no way hurts the forum or forum members.  A simple lock can do the job, whereas you're suggesting that they be wanred for it.  What if it's somone's first time on a forum for someone and they don't even know what a sticky is?  Yes it's pretty self explanatory but you never know.  Ignorance isn't punishable, being an idiot on purpose for no point at all is.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 03:48:26 am »
Perhaps it would help if we simply stickied a prime example of each repetitive question.  One for water, one for destructible terrain, and one for vehicles.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 12:19:00 pm »
Why bother to warn? We could just perma ban them instead. Who needs noobs, anyways.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 12:53:45 pm »
Why bother to warn? We could just perma ban them instead. Who needs noobs, anyways.
Everyone was a noob at one point.
@ii

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 01:13:07 pm »
Everyone was a noob at one point.
I wasn't :)
except when I was a member on neopets lol but that doesn't count

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »
if people only do that once, then they have learned their lesson, if they continue they should definantly get a warning for continued ignorance of the rules/stickies
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 08:44:29 am »
Spam by Fluffy deleted.
@ii

Offline A

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 01:00:25 am »
As much as I sometimes complain, I figure that everyone was 12 once. Due to the fact that so many newcomers are bound to visit here and post only once or twice, duplicates are expected.

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 06:29:35 am »
Jesus Christ,  . Lower it down. Not every post I make is spam. I said that my previous post was sarcasm. What's wrong with that?

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Cube

• Camper
  • Go Cube go!
    • Cube's Portal
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 06:39:07 am »
Fluffy, respect Moderators' decisions, and don't be angry.
My posts also get deleted often :P
Hmm, any idea what to write here?