Author Topic: calm down everyone we'll be fine, michał is finally making a sequel  (Read 10290 times)

Offline Rotem

• Major
Re: calm down everyone we'll be fine, michał is finally making a sequel
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 02:11:01 pm »
didnt know it was a beta(is it?) besides, Fx just said the same thing as i did and no1 told him "Take your keyboard out of your ass and go to sleep."

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2014, 03:05:11 pm »
didnt know it was a beta(is it?) besides, Fx just said the same thing as i did and no1 told him "Take your keyboard out of your ass and go to sleep."
The difference is, Fx basically said "I don't like this game because this and this", you said "L0L dis gaem SUx cuz dis sux and dis sux". Fx clearly stated that it is his opinion, and that HE just doesn't like the game. Also his grammar isn't nearly as bad as yours. You were just screaming how much the game sucks, without really explaining why.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:10:28 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Rotem

• Major
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 03:07:53 pm »
is any1 here a Dev of strorm2d? if so then im sorry if i insulted any1...

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2014, 09:34:32 am »
its supposed success are on the community efforts alone, specially those highly dedicated guys and all. Its tots unfair to say MM has much (or anything, since he just got too scared to meddle up) to do with it, but community will never be mentioned anywhere, and now MM will just make another Soldat? Cmon he should have done it 5 years ago, now Soldat-style is gone.....

Offline Foln

• Major(1)
  • ARRRRRR!!!
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 01:54:17 am »
Why does he even still try with other stuff? It is horrible to watch him desperately trying to recreate the success he had with soldat with another game. It wont work.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 01:56:00 am »
Why does he even still try with other stuff? It is horrible to watch him desperately trying to recreate the success he had with soldat with another game. It wont work.

I can't say I agree here. KAG is probably just as successful as Soldat was in the beginning.

Sure he failed horribly with Crimson Glory and Linked-Dead and a few others but KAG definitely was worth it.
There are other worlds than these

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 11:12:13 am »

I can't say I agree here. KAG is probably just as successful as Soldat was in the beginning.

Sure he failed horribly with Crimson Glory and Linked-Dead and a few others but KAG definitely was worth it.
He isn't really working on KAG anymore though, is he? It's mostly Geti and a bunch of others, but even then I get the impression they have to clue what they're doing. They keep rewriting and remaking stuff, making drastic balance changes only to scrap them later and go entirely different way; adding game modes, mechanics and features that have seemingly no synergy with each other (complex building and mechanisms in a fast-paced action game where stuff gets destroyed far faster than it gets built for example). It may be reasonably successful now, but I don't expect it to get much further.

Storm 2D perhaps shows the most promise, but even then it's still very early in development and there's much that can happen to lead it astray.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 10:44:09 pm »
Storm 2D perhaps shows the most promise, but even then it's still very early in development and there's much that can happen to lead it astray.

They have a few other games currently in dev (that are based off of KAG's codebase) that I probably can't talk about but look awesome so far.

THD is by no means stagnant and MM makes these games as his fulltime job, and he continually hires more game devs / random people to work for him on newer projects.

MM likes to iterate very fast. When you have that mindset you can't spend all your waking time on your decade-old project that got you into the business, especially not after delegating its management and development to someone else (Shoozza)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:45:56 pm by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2015, 03:48:12 pm »
still waiting for those teaser-trailers for 1.7

Offline Ussocom

• Major(1)
  • Dat Usso
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2015, 12:24:47 pm »
still waiting for those teaser-trailers for 1.7

Just play one of your current demos with some background music xD

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2015, 05:32:33 pm »
Ok, If there were Soldat 2, this is what the fan want for years:

- New GUI
- 2.5D with parallax effect map
- HD graphic and texture
- Shadow and light effect
- More ''bonus'' item
- More live (smoking, bird flying, trees sway)
- Character preview in ''player'' tab
- Remove ''Pointmatch'' :X
- Dynamic sound effects in diffirent enviroment
- Better Movement
- Compeletely brand new maps (or remake)
-
-
- CAMPAAAAAIGN... !!!!!

Well I have collected the fan idea, this is what they want most. :)
We already did have that. It worked great though, so I guess you're not the one to adress.