Author Topic: Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13  (Read 107250 times)

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
Re: Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2014, 11:34:53 am »
I think I experienced the same as Akinaro. I installed polyworks in C:\Program Files (x86)\Soldat PolyWorks in hope to start on a map project. I use win7 64' Sp1

Installation went without problems but as soon as I started the program I got several error messages, and in the end I had to delete the prosess in task manager(CTRL+ALT+DELETE).

- This was the first error msg: Error loading ini file Type mismatch 8
- I pressed OK and got the next msg: Error loading colours Type mismatch
- I pressed OK and polywork seamed to open, but everything was black and I got this msg: Error loading Error setting directories File not found: 'C:Program Files (x86)\Soldat PolyWorks\\titlebar_main.bmp'
- I pressed OK, everything was still black, and the next msg was: form_mousemove error Division by zero
- This last msg kept repeating itself when I pressed OK, so at this point I had to delete the prosess, but before that I tried to delete it in the program tab in task manager, that had no effect and I noticed that it strangely enough had the icon and name of Mozilla :|

Attatching images of theese error messages so you can see. I'm sure I will get polyWORKS to work somehow since Akarino could do it, but it must be frustrating for new mapmakers (if there are any) to get this as their first impression.
dont install it in program files
install it in like c:\polyworks

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2014, 11:37:26 am »
I think I experienced the same as Akinaro. I installed polyworks in C:\Program Files (x86)\Soldat PolyWorks in hope to start on a map project. I use win7 64' Sp1

Installation went without problems but as soon as I started the program I got several error messages, and in the end I had to delete the prosess in task manager(CTRL+ALT+DELETE).

- This was the first error msg: Error loading ini file Type mismatch 8
- I pressed OK and got the next msg: Error loading colours Type mismatch
- I pressed OK and polywork seamed to open, but everything was black and I got this msg: Error loading Error setting directories File not found: 'C:Program Files (x86)\Soldat PolyWorks\\titlebar_main.bmp'
- I pressed OK, everything was still black, and the next msg was: form_mousemove error Division by zero
- This last msg kept repeating itself when I pressed OK, so at this point I had to delete the prosess, but before that I tried to delete it in the program tab in task manager, that had no effect and I noticed that it strangely enough had the icon and name of Mozilla :|

Attatching images of theese error messages so you can see. I'm sure I will get polyWORKS to work somehow since Akarino could do it, but it must be frustrating for new mapmakers (if there are any) to get this as their first impression.
dont install it in program files
install it in like c:\polyworks
Yea, as I found out, anywhere except in program files works.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2014, 12:09:26 pm »
I have it in program files, its totally random error. After installation I get all that error at once, killed process. restart app, one error about form_mousemove error Division by zero and then every 10-20 start of program I get random errors.

I remember that I uploaded old ini files and color palettes to new polyworks and after that I get less errors. So maybe try older polyworks.ini file or try this one(backup your old one):

Or I upload my ini, just to check if this is problem....

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2014, 02:21:15 am »
Why do I get errors when you do not run as administrator?

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2014, 10:24:19 am »
It's probably the same issue as Akinaro and homer are getting. Try installing PolyWorks somewhere else than in your default program files folder.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2014, 11:42:32 am »
It's probably the same issue as Akinaro and homer are getting. Try installing PolyWorks somewhere else than in your default program files folder.

Try installing it to your Documents folder. Might be that unless it's ran as admin it doesn't have proper folder perms or something.
There are other worlds than these

DarkCrusade

« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2014, 07:33:41 pm »
I am pretty much fed up with the latest Polyworks version. I have eventually, after not touching mapping for at least half a year, decided I'd get back to remaking old maps after talking to Viral and Haste, and I have literally been unable to actually work with it due to a nasty bug that reads 'Run-time error '9'; Subscript out of range'. There is nothing that I can do about it, and it happens whenever I try to modify the palette in the last two colums from the right, and randomly while mapping.

I appreciate any effort to clear things up. Would be a shame if I lose my motivation before actually doing anything.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2014, 07:48:08 pm »
I am pretty much fed up with the latest Polyworks version. I have eventually, after not touching mapping for at least half a year, decided I'd get back to remaking old maps after talking to Viral and Haste, and I have literally been unable to actually work with it due to a nasty bug that reads 'Run-time error '9'; Subscript out of range'. There is nothing that I can do about it, and it happens whenever I try to modify the palette in the last two colums from the right, and randomly while mapping.

I appreciate any effort to clear things up. Would be a shame if I lose my motivation before actually doing anything.

Might not be a bad idea to tell us what version of OS you're using as well as the specific version of PW.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2014, 07:57:26 pm »
The newest available version of Polyworks, running on Windows XP SP2. It is a small netbook inable to run newer OS.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2014, 08:12:53 pm »
The newest available version of Polyworks, running on Windows XP SP2. It is a small netbook inable to run newer OS.

Why are you not at least running XP SP3? And imho Win7 would run better unless it has under half a gig of ram or something.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2014, 08:15:04 pm »
Excuse me, I just checked again. It is actually SP3.

Offline AntyMan

• Major(1)
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2014, 12:09:14 pm »
hxxp://www.soldatcustom.com/downloads/PWSetup.exe|$INSTDIR\pwlib.dll

Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2014, 12:59:26 pm »
hxxp://www.soldatcustom.com/downloads/PWSetup.exe|$INSTDIR\pwlib.dll

Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]

Seems like your virus scanner is joking around. Virus scanners are funny like that sometimes. Add an exception in the scanner if you still want to try installing it (Google can tell you how, depends on the scanner).
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2014, 04:54:01 pm »
BUG: In Polyworks, Background and Background Transition polygons have names mixed up: http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=596

Offline Krack

• Soldier
  • Krack Kills
« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2015, 01:35:48 pm »
hello, download link says i dont have permission... so i guess could someone re-upload if that would be possible please? thank you
Viva Soldat

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2015, 02:53:44 pm »
hello, download link says i dont have permission... so i guess could someone re-upload if that would be possible please? thank you
http://soldat.pl/en/download/Soldat_PolyWorks.zip

Offline Cieply Bigos

• Major(1)
« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2015, 05:24:09 pm »
How i can fix it.

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2015, 01:38:27 am »
Open settings and show the path soldat

Offline Cieply Bigos

• Major(1)
« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2015, 06:11:21 am »
I set path for SOLDAT and works now. THANKS for Kicikici :p

Offline Home

• Major(1)
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2016, 10:05:31 am »
I would like to try to get into mapping again too. Does it work with 1.7 well or are there bigger issues? How does it work with 4k textures?