Author Topic: TF2 mode!  (Read 4861 times)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
TF2 mode!
« on: May 04, 2008, 03:37:41 pm »
Yeah, I was wondering, it would be awesome if somebody can make this.
First, TF2 has similar modes like CTF, INF, and many others. Therefore, we can try to make this happen in Soldat also.

1]   Classes:

You can choose either 9 of them.: Heavy, Scouter, Engineer, Pyro, Medic, Detoman, Soldier, Sniper, and Spy.
 Each has their own unique powers, like Spy has pred mode (like for 10sec.), Engineer can build stat, and Detoman can set up mines. 

2] Weapons

They'll also have their own weapon. Heavy has minigun, Sniper has barret, Detoman has a nade launcher(it'll work as m79, but nade comes out instead), Pyro has a flame thrower, and Soldier has a LAW. Since Engineer and Scouter have their other special moves as I have seen in youtube, they'll hold Spas.(works as shotgun.) Medic will hold mp5 as his weapon also. And Spy will hold Socom.

I might have missed some other things, as soon as I find them out, I'll edit it. But how do you think it is so far?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
Re: TF2 mode!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 03:50:32 pm »
Heh. Nah.

Well, for the classes we have some scripted servers that kinda do this.

TTW obviously has different classes. MMod has some classes where you can set and detonate mines, go into predator mode, etc. In LRS, you have a team medic and getting a first kill will allow you to build a stat gun wherever you want.

Same with weapons. Some scripted servers limit weapons to different classes.

Though I think it would be cool if someone could script a 'TF2' kind of server! But implemented in Soldat? ....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 03:52:20 pm by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 03:55:33 pm »
No not completely copied from TF2. I was thinking like TTW, MMod, and LRS added together. But then as you said, I realized that it was a TF2. Do you think that this will be complicated to make?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 04:39:37 pm »
Seriously, as a mod or script it's okay. But as an official addition no.

Soldat is too dynamic. Swifty and fast for this. I played on server with this like additions and I was just too confused and writing what I want to be (medic or whatever) took to much time.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 06:24:13 pm »
No not completely copied from TF2. I was thinking like TTW, MMod, and LRS added together. But then as you said, I realized that it was a TF2. Do you think that this will be complicated to make?
'course not. It's been done before.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 06:27:42 pm »
I don't know anything about scripting but this seems like a potential sub-game mode.  Providing of course it's scriptable.

Player since late 2007

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 07:18:09 pm »
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 05:13:48 am »
Almost everything there can be scripted. Only thing that can't be done is the spy changing his disguise to look like an enemy.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 05:28:25 am »
Detoman = Demoman.
Scouter = Scout.
Engineers can do way more things then standing around with a shotgun.
Scout has a scattergun (almost the same as a shotgun) and can cap points twice as fast.
Medic needs to be able to ubercharge or critzrieg someone.
Demoman has sticky bombs which explode on his command (you can't really shoot scripted mines can you).
Soldat's afterburn with the flamethrower is way shorter then the one of TF2.
Spy can't disguise as a enemy.
Spy can't backstab.
Spy can't sap sentries.
Sniper can't charge his gun.

Start playing TF2 if you want it so badly.
Banned

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 05:38:05 am »
tehsnipah, good luck learning pascal, most of the stuff is scriptable ;)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 07:01:35 am »
the problem is that i don't have live :(

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 07:22:53 am »
Detoman = Demoman.
Scouter = Scout.
Engineers can do way more things then standing around with a shotgun.
Scout has a scattergun (almost the same as a shotgun) and can cap points twice as fast.
Medic needs to be able to ubercharge or critzrieg someone.
Demoman has sticky bombs which explode on his command (you can't really shoot scripted mines can you).
Soldat's afterburn with the flamethrower is way shorter then the one of TF2.
Spy can't disguise as a enemy.
Spy can't backstab.
Spy can't sap sentries.
Sniper can't charge his gun.

Start playing TF2 if you want it so badly.

I don't play TF2, I only know about it, but here's what may be done for this "Soldat TF2".

The Spy can throw the knife and spawn it back in their hands (switch weapon twice, like in the link given by Chariot)
The Spy should have a command to remove stat guns made by opposing teams.

Engineer create bots who man the stat gun (is that possible by scripting?)

Medic's uber charge stuff could be something like spawning a Berserker kit.

Medic can grant invulnerability. A person who grabs a Flamer kit or a Berserker kit (that is if the above is not used) will be granted invulnerability for a short while.

Demoman's sticky bombs... it would work like the predator's trap in the Predator Hunt mod right?

Weapons:
Heavy - Minigun, duh, and his fists can kill in one hit.

Scout - Shotgun. And how is he going to double jump? Follow the link that Chariot given and make a weapon that can boost yourself?

Engineer - Maybe give him a Chainsaw for a secondary? Primary probably another Auto.

Pyro - Flamer, or a modified auto like in Chariot's link. Pyro's good enough at close range with this gun, and should not have any range, so no secondary or a chainsaw would do.

Medic - Just modify any gun for healing. Give him a Socom pistol too.

Demoman - M79. /trap , ability to use cluster nades.

Soldier - He needs a M72 LAW or something like Demoman's M79 (except higher bullet speed). He definitely needs a choice to use Autos.

Sniper - Barrett M82A1, duh. Secondary probably Socom pistol or an underpowered Mp5.

Spy - Ruger 77, and Knife, have /pred
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:28:41 am by STM1993 »

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 07:26:52 am »
Um..... have you read the top? But thanks for giving me ideas :D

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 07:29:50 am »
Um..... have you read the top? But thanks for giving me ideas :D

I did. The first thing that came into my mind though, was TTW.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 07:51:47 am »
Goddamn, that is such a good idea, it might just work! lol.

But still, nothing compares to the actual game...
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 08:57:29 am »
The Spy can throw the knife and spawn it back in their hands (switch weapon twice, like in the link given by Chariot)
The Spy should have a command to remove stat guns made by opposing teams.
The engineer can remove sappers in TF2, do you want to turn it into a battle of people spamming commands?

Would require maps without waypoints if iamrite

Medic's uber charge stuff could be something like spawning a Berserker kit.
How about it could be something that makes you know what an ubercharge is.

Medic can grant invulnerability. A person who grabs a Flamer kit or a Berserker kit (that is if the above is not used) will be granted invulnerability for a short while.

I'll just spam a UBERCHARGE KIT every 60 seconds without having to do anything for it like in TF2.
Demoman's sticky bombs... it would work like the predator's trap in the Predator Hunt mod right?
Stickybombs aren't tripping mines.

Heavy - Minigun, duh, and his fists can kill in one hit.
Only a critical hit with fists can kill you in one hit in TF2 but if you want everyone to run around just fisting other people because he it's one hit one kill, go ahead.

Scout - Shotgun. And how is he going to double jump? Follow the link that Chariot given and make a weapon that can boost yourself?
It would also push enemies backwards if you shoot them right?

Engineer - Maybe give him a Chainsaw for a secondary? Primary probably another Auto.
Wouldn't really make it TF2 anymore.

Pyro - Flamer, or a modified auto like in Chariot's link. Pyro's good enough at close range with this gun, and should not have any range, so no secondary or a chainsaw would do.
The TF2 pyro can change to his shotgun when enemies get out of range of his flamethrower.

Medic - Just modify any gun for healing. Give him a Socom pistol too.
Lets forget about the Blutsauger, Critzcrieg, normal ubercannon and his ubersaw.

Demoman - M79. /trap , ability to use cluster nades.
What would /trap do?

Soldier - He needs a M72 LAW or something like Demoman's M79 (except higher bullet speed). He definitely needs a choice to use Autos.
The rockets in TF2 travel at slower speed then a retarded turtle, he also has a shotgun.

Sniper - Barrett M82A1, duh. Secondary probably Socom pistol or an underpowered Mp5.
Snipers in TF2 have to charge their gun, they have no crosshair unscoped and if you're shooting unscoped it will do little to no damage.

Spy - Ruger 77, and Knife, have /pred
Wouldn't be really fun for a spy to just be invicible all the time and no option to disguise.
Banned

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 10:14:23 am »
@ Flamingo:

Ahh okay, I get why no scripting or modding can ever make Soldat similar to TF2. Thanks for the info.

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 10:47:32 am »
It would get somewhere near TF2 but not fully.
Banned

Offline lewymati

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 02:26:34 pm »
Almost everything there can be scripted. Only thing that can't be done is the spy changing his disguise to look like an enemy.

Just moving spy to second team and making some scripted stuff for that ( like moveplayer after respawn) (?)
imho it's scriptable...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 02:29:35 pm by lewymati »

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 05:30:03 pm »
Wouldn't the console display, "Playername has joined Bravo"?
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker