7 (12.3%)
It's likely not to work.
4 (7%)
There's little hope for it.
6 (10.5%)
What?
7 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Happy Ending: Soldat Movie  (Read 21338 times)

Offline Confusion

• Major(1)
  • Funkhotica
Re: Happy Ending: Soldat Movie
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2008, 06:11:21 am »
It was made in 15 minutes, just needed to throw something together to post here. ;)
Roses are red, violas are blue, I'll stick a rake up your ass. <3

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2008, 09:34:24 am »
This is good work for 15 minutes Confusion. Because of its contribution, I'll have to put it to good use. Currently, aside from espionage that has to be done in some parts of the movie, I have yet to script a scene appropriate. But it does give me an idea for the reintroduction of Heaven's Cross. After the reintroduction, I'm in need of wind effects.

Niko, it does not exactly have to be action based. Well at least not all of the action scenes. I am going to get started on writing the script for the first scene soon. And speaking of which, I was thinking of calling this more of a series rather than a movie. Because this DOES involve a plot and not a plot summary spoken upon over action scenes and idle moments of dialog.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:37:12 am by decoy. »
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2008, 09:39:18 am »
ye nice song :D

Offline Confusion

• Major(1)
  • Funkhotica
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2008, 12:26:57 pm »
After the reintroduction, I'm in need of wind effects.

I'll see what I can do. =)
Come to think of it, I'll wait until there's a bit more to make than just wind, seems pointless to set up all the recording equipment and so forth just to make wind sounds.
Tell me when you have a couple more tasks to make, then I'll be there for you.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 12:41:25 pm by Confusion »
Roses are red, violas are blue, I'll stick a rake up your ass. <3

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 05:46:54 am »
Understood. I do not actually mean that you should add the wind in after wards, but a separate file that bleeds in as the remainder of the music fades out. Something generic is all that is in mind.

Also, I am about set up to write the script for the first scene. But this only requires me to find a speaker for the dead at wakes. Since the prologue begins with a death, I figured that the first scene should start accordingly in the place where Citel's brother was being buried.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2008, 05:47:08 pm »
starts with a death. classic :D

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2008, 02:23:16 am »
just a question decoy, for any part of this groundbreaking movie, would there be any 'slow-mo' shooting scenes? like for example... a group of men emptying their rifle magazines on a single person?

Why im asking, because i could do special sound effects for these type of scenes

heres a single sound effect for you to listen to : 'man breathing out to prepare shooting-trigger depressed-shot- recock- ejected shell hits the floor'

get it here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?amwygqzm2jn

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2008, 12:59:02 am »
In fact there is a certain scene involving Grave and a sniper. And there is a certain sound effect needed for that moment now that I think about it. Which reminds me, I need to hop on the outline and the script for the first scene once Finals are done with.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 01:04:42 am by decoy. »

Offline Splinter-Snake

• Soldier
  • One must die, and one must live.
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2008, 11:45:02 am »
In fact there is a certain scene involving Grave and a sniper. And there is a certain sound effect needed for that moment now that I think about it. Which reminds me, I need to hop on the outline and the script for the first scene once Finals are done with.

Tell me anything you need music/sound related. I've composed and recorded a lot of times, and I can make something for this. I'll also be any extra. A sniper role would be cool if you have any left.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2008, 12:45:31 pm »
Anything to do so far? I can help with mapping if its needed... I think I still have some skills.

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 06:55:42 am »
[RD] = Rough Draft
[RD] Act 1.

Scene 1.

Black was the dress code for this occasion. Gloomy was the mood, inescapable by what news rings all too true of the scenery. Gray were the skies in mourning the loss of one particularly beloved individual. Grey was the host for this rainy evening. And thus, Gray was the attire in which Father Joseph Fryer was clothed.

Saturday was indeed the sadder day.

This was especially true for one Ms. Felina Dulcia Belle, who was intent on becoming Mrs. Belle-Citel. Grey Citel, the one she poured her all into over the course of a year, was at rest for reasons she did not know. The loss was too unprecedented. The turn of events struck her cold and she was believed to be ill after. But her well being takes focus much later in this tale. As she did her best to stand strong beside her fiance's coffin, the figure of a young man, dressed accordingly, integrated himself into the rest of the funeral attendants.

It was Corbin, Grey's younger brother, who was accompanied by two suits, none of which intended to make a scene. Father Joseph's aged expression would boradcast a warm smile [ chat: (:; ] when he saw Corbin and company finding their place among others had it not been for his intent to not make a spectacle of the boy's late arrival. So an acknowledging look was given to the boy before he was to say his piece. "Dearly beloved..."

[[The actual words spoken at a burial by an ordained priest are needed here for part of the dialog. Edit later]]

During the ceremony, also before the coffin was to be lowered, one of the people accompanying Corbin tapped him on the shoulder. Attempting to be covert about it, he kept his words to a whisper only meant for Corbin's ears only. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Attempting to follow the same means through a response, the boy did not turn to face him and whispered in reply. "Yes. My brother was a good man....He did not deserve it." The gentlemen replied. "Your brother was aware of the risks. And falling out of sync with the system, you see what it earned him." Almost shocked at what his ears heard, he turned immediately, like he was set to hit him with a cross. But second thought left him to reply in a different manner at the last minute. "What!" but to diffuse the notion of betrayal on Grey's behalf, he replied before more could have been said. "But even we could not foresee this." Saying nothing else, he met the boy's gaze for a good few seconds to enforce reassurance of his words. Corbin turned back to the Father. The man continued. "Which is why we have been against your involvement. Just as these people here, you are a civilian who has no business in a war not concerning you directly."

"But I'll be of age next..."
"Regardless, this is a serious matter to be handled by the people who are equipped to handle the situation, not by people with grudges. Plus your brother's death was not sustained under ordinary circumstances. A battlefield is one thing. The matters in which your brother was involved in were much worse."
"So train me."

His voice raised unintentionally "Train you?". "Both of you. Some respect please?" His partner, the darker gentlemen who also accompanied Corbin spoke to settle the two. A moment passed like a stork soaring over head. They continued.

"Son, we came to comfort you, not recruit you. And I understand your loss. But if anything, now is not the time for revenge. Just let the Chess handle the matters as we conduct our investigation. Your intervention would only put your remaining family in jeopardy."
"At least let me find out why and how he died. Give me that at least."

Once again, his partner spoke up.
"I'll tell you what we'll do. And this is me being generous. Once we find out what caused this then we will let you know what we can afford to let you know alright. But for now, no more questions out of you about the matter. And Jude, you know damn well compromise works best, even when we were sent to give condolences."

Marque said this when he knew that the both of them were sent to that region for more than that. They were the two conducting the investigation. Jude might have hinted at this but for the meanwhile, Corbin was none the wiser.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2009, 10:37:00 am »
If you need any sniping\knife throws, or any type of music mixing\editing\reference,  ig.battle music, stealth music, etc etc...i can help.
b&

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2009, 09:57:02 am »
Are you done with this, yet?
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2009, 02:04:47 pm »
I was wondering the same, I havn't forgotten the project.

Offline Mr. Basic

• Major(1)
  • gone fishing...
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2009, 08:57:09 pm »
I was wondering the same, I havn't forgotten the project.
Done I am not. It is just that the break I was taking for a number of things for academics has paid off throughout the year. So I will place the story where I have access to it for the purpose of adding more to it here so when I can make updates to it, others can view it for their opinion. I still need to get my procrastinating self working on the level design as well because that is also important. I also saw something of a Superman mod which works along with one idea I had in mind for a late level.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 09:47:19 pm by Mr. Basic »

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2009, 09:33:51 pm »
Apparently I still need this account for this thread. >_>

A new question has been posted for the purpose of details. The details will regard more than just the character's appearance. However this question about player colors is asked with some regards to wardrobe. I am also considering the use of skins, if that is better needed for costumes. However I know not how to apply them myself. I will look about for instructions on how to do such a thing.