5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Nade..  (Read 2583 times)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Nade..
« on: December 15, 2008, 08:22:41 pm »
Okay, most of you think that the grenade is perfect! However, I personally have a little complain about it. In the realastic mode, shouldn't the nade "not" blow up even when it's thrown into you? I find this kinda wierd now.... I mean it may be all right in the unrealastic mode, but definitely in TW and Realastic mode, then the grenade is thrown into you, you shouldn't get blown up right away.
Think of it as real life, it can't just blow up as soon as it hit/touches you.

I personally think that in 1.5 "Grenades shouldn't blow up when in contact during the Realastic Mode."
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: Nade..
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 09:46:35 pm »
No game is 100% realistic.

Offline Banksey

• Major
  • Proud smoker of Marlboro Reds
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 10:02:09 pm »
Well you don't have Jet boots or crazy ass maps in RL either

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 10:11:02 pm »
Meh, make it an option. I doubt all realistic mode players want this, and some normal players might.

More options=good. And I'm not supporting this for the 'realism', I'm saying it might make the game more fun.

Also, having this setting in the weapons.ini would be great. Being able to set 1 or 0 for explode on contact or not, and being able to set the timer for the explosion (in ticks) would be great for anyone who wanted to make mines or short fuse grenades.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 01:42:17 am »
IMO don't nerf them

Keep realistic mode separate from vanilla, everyone's happy.  except maybe the vanilla players playing in realistic, who aren't used to instant death by nade.

Player since late 2007

Offline Jollygood

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 06:03:44 am »
Well you don't have Jet boots or crazy ass maps in RL either
No game is 100% realistic.

True but theres nothing wrong with trying to get as close as you can to it. Im all for the idea.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 07:16:48 am »
If this idea was to be implemented, grenades would become MUCH weaker.
Since now they are considered overpowered, this may be a good thing to do, but I'm not sure.
And I'm pretty sure this idea was suggested in that balance thread linked above, somewhere around 280th reply, so you may want to take a look.

Meh, make it an option. I doubt all realistic mode players want this, and some normal players might.
More options=good. And I'm not supporting this for the 'realism', I'm saying it might make the game more fun.

I agree with this attitude.

and being able to set the timer for the explosion (in ticks) would be great for anyone who wanted to make mines or short fuse grenades.

It was suggested already, and it's now in the public demands' list :)

PS can you add a poll, please? With 3 options, maybe - "yes", "no", and "only as an option".
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 07:26:33 am by Gotfryd »

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 07:54:47 am »
I'm not talking about "mines." I'm talking about if the player gets directly hit by the nade, it shouldn't explode. I'm thinking maybe if we can reduce the time for grenades to explode, like 2 seconds, while you don't get blown up if it touches you.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 08:44:24 am »
I don't mind it as an option for modding either, but I don't believe changing the nades to this will make the actual gameplay better.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 11:18:16 am »

Also, having this setting in the weapons.ini would be great. Being able to set 1 or 0 for explode on contact or not, and being able to set the timer for the explosion (in ticks) would be great for anyone who wanted to make mines or short fuse grenades.

Couldnt put it any better
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline SniperTheKiller

• Major
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 04:05:27 pm »
Put it into rs mode then >:|

Offline Bjarne Betjent

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 03:44:17 am »
fineasitis

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 03:04:01 pm »
I voted yes, but count my vote as "yes, it could be added as an option"

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 03:41:16 pm »
I like the WM option Frunk said. But not yours, abitrarily setting it to this for everyone is bad idea.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 08:48:52 am »
With gameplay the way we have it now, making the grenade not explode makes it pretty useless.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 09:12:55 am »
dont even think about doing that to the nade in realistic
ive trained so hard my kamikaze technique

well, it would at least make the cluster a potent weapon
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 01:25:52 pm »
I don't think that it would affect the majority of people and they wouldn't recognise it. I think that if it is added then it should be an option but not compulsory.