Author Topic: Shau  (Read 4734 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
Shau
« on: January 01, 2010, 01:12:07 pm »
Original

Suggested version

Download
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 11:46:12 am by Suowarrior »

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
Re: Shau
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 08:05:31 pm »
This entry(pink) should be big enough as the other(orange) pain in the ass try to run away by there...

Even the whole tunnel system and entries should be more playable, more flowing
Btw, i think that could be more some short of poly art, looking kinda 3D in some aspects(more perspective), as like the initial MM maps after the some changes.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:23:03 am by biohazard »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 11:09:29 am »
Biohazard, just learn how to move while playing this map and you´ll be fine.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 11:27:38 am »
Well, its kinda force you to roll to enter there, the problem is not to enter there, but sometimes it blink you out and i dont think the mapper created it intentionally.

btw, here \/ you got lots of poly bugs that bury your bunny hopping
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:31:32 am by biohazard »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 11:43:08 am »
Biohazard, just learn how to move while playing this map and you´ll be fine.
This

I ran through the tunnel several times and even checked it in PW. No bugs found. It's just you lacking the skillllz.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 12:53:26 pm »
lol how many skill some1 need to enter a hole...
i am talking about a poly blink...

edit:
hell forget that, it was a 1.3.2- map version.. hehe my bad, nowadays i am using to play older version with old friends
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:47:03 pm by biohazard »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 12:53:58 pm »
I ran through the tunnel several times and even checked it in PW. No bugs found. It's just you lacking the skillllz.

Thanks to god for this.

Well, its kinda force you to roll to enter there, the problem is not to enter there, but sometimes it blink you out and i dont think the mapper created it intentionally.

btw, here \/ you got lots of poly bugs that bury your bunny hopping

Never had such problems and after testing 7 minutes I didn´t recognize any bugs. Just leave the map as it is.

What. The. Fuck. Is. A. Blink.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 01:23:45 pm »
He obviously manages to hit the one, single poly edge that is sticking out each time and he gets warped (i think he means that with "blinked")

For the tunnel, jesus christ, learn to bunny hop.
When you properly bunny hop, you go on a horizontal path, while in your bunny hopping you do it wrong, go first vertically, then horizontally (the opposite of how it has to be done) and then hit the top with your head.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 09:56:54 pm »
Never liked this map for me it's allways been too random. Besides that it has disgusting looks.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 12:06:57 am »
Not a completely horrible map, but gameplay is rather boring. Different parts of the map just don't work well with each other. There aren't many spots for attack or defense, so overall gameplay is boring and lacks tactic. You just run around, jet and shoot.
I agree with biohazard about the left entrances to the tunnel. It'd be better if they were wider and didn't  lead all the way to the left side of the map.

Looks aren't that disgusting. At least shading is smooth and sceneries aren't too random and out-of place. I've seen many maps that look far worse than that.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 12:11:25 am by L[0ne]R »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 04:36:17 am »
Found this. Shame that download link is dead, I wish WL could upload the map again.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=5352.0

Just bringing here all the opportunities.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 04:40:34 am »
Wow, this rework of WL looks awesome. I hope he saved it from bin, though, it´s 3 years old ...

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 06:31:43 am »
Hell man, thats what ima talking about make tunnels more flowing and 3d kinda art...
Unfortunately the link is br0ken, but i am sure wraithlike got it yet, its a great work.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 10:36:59 am »
Thats a good remake.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 10:50:41 am »
I have it

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 11:52:54 am »
I wished the rmx version to be smaller. Those bottom tunnels are huge as whole map... Also that bg bush stuff is distracting and fugly.

Shading/texturework is better.

However I prefer original and it's tight tunnels.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 05:42:15 pm »
The remake really is quite different, but gameplay is still the most important part and IMO the remake improves that part. There's much more level variation, so there's more variety of attack/defense spots.

Tunnels really are a bit too wide in some places (especially the middle, where they all connect) and they curve too much which makes it harder to move there.
Of course being as thin and straight as in the original is also a bad thing, so maybe someone could edit the tunnels to be something average between remix and original.

I totally agree about giant bush sceneries being distracting. Would look much better without them.
Just from the preview I can tell that it's very polygon-heavy and I was right.. Polyworks showed me it has 1600+ polygons. This map will need some serious optimisation. :/

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 05:53:29 pm »
The remake really is quite different, but gameplay is still the most important part and IMO the remake improves that part. There's much more level variation, so there's more variety of attack/defense spots.

Tunnels really are a bit too wide in some places (especially the middle, where they all connect) and they curve too much which makes it harder to move there.
Of course being as thin and straight as in the original is also a bad thing, so maybe someone could edit the tunnels to be something average between remix and original.

I totally agree about giant bush sceneries being distracting. Would look much better without them.
Just from the preview I can tell that it's very polygon-heavy and I was right.. Polyworks showed me it has 1600+ polygons. This map will need some serious optimisation. :/

Oldass map fyi. No one really knew any better back then, including me and you.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 06:07:30 pm »
"Now" is not "back then" though. Now there are better maps, and standarts are higher.
If this map hasn't been with Soldat for so long and was only suggested now - it would probably be rejected.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 06:17:52 pm »
"Now" is not "back then" though. Now there are better maps, and standarts are higher.
If this map hasn't been with Soldat for so long and was only suggested now - it would probably be rejected.

Nevertheless, I consider it as beating a dead horse, as the mapper obviously knows better now. What was made back then can be easily improved upon today. Pointing out flaws in today's maps are a little different than finding flaws in maps that are years old.