Author Topic: Ask for Missile Tag Script  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Morp

• Major(1)
Ask for Missile Tag Script
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:31:14 pm »
Hiho everyone.

I'm the one of MT Fans. The mt mode was the most famous and the best mode on Bombski multimode serv, but It was unfortunately removed . Now , im trying to create a dedicated server just for this mode .

Everything I need to finish are the scripts. I'm not good in scripting so everything depends on you.

Here are some explanation , how it should work.

There's a close map, like a big circle , where players are locked up. (I have the map) Bot is positioned in upper part of the map. The Game starts. All players change their teams to red , then bot summon a fiery ball (the ball script based on that - http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=31034.0). The Ball randomly choose a player as a target. The Target gets a weapon - ruger . (The ruger is available only when player is a target) The ball follow player till it catch him and explode on him , or the target can shoot at other player . If a player hits the other player, the player who was hit becomes a new target. The ball speed is growing. When ball kills the player, the next ball summon after 6 seconds with starting speed. Other players have only knives. They can become a target by hitting a player whose ball is chasing. Players who have died will be automatically changed to spectators and ther're cant join alpha until the round ends.When the round starts all players are moved to the alpha team. The player who was the last and survived the round , gets 1 point. If someone reaches 3 points the map is changing.The screen shows information about the speed of the ball and Nick a person who is chasing by a ball. The person who was a target but he hits someone else , gets automatically a new one knife.

Help me to revive this mod.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
Re: Ask for Missile Tag Script
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:27:47 pm »
The script was removed because it was eating ~60% of CPU power (4x2.4GHz).

It wasn't bad scripted, it's soldat crapcore that dislike 20Hz fast apponidle (Dummy on killing poly) with checks, CreateBullet and some other crap in it. If you have host powerful enough to stand this, pm.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:23:55 am by FalconPL »
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 11:57:56 am »
Actually my script was OK but Falcon wanted to satisfy the public and add some sugar. His script kinda fails as you can read in post above and for some reason he didn't put my old one back there.
To be honest I didn't like that mode because it was everything people were playing on that server. It's going to come back in some time anyway.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 03:01:12 pm »
thanks for opinion, darling.
and ps: your script eats too, but since it's limited to 1 missile, it just eats less.

Better just tell here if i can share this shit or not
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 03:17:16 pm »
I'd prefer not.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 04:10:25 pm »
It may be worth just making it a stand-alone gamemode. It really is a lot of fun, it just needs more maps.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:55:50 am »
It's a publicity attractor so I can have some cannon fodder for tests.

Offline Morp

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 02:37:26 pm »
Mt has returned. Thank you all.