Author Topic: Help me with moding...  (Read 6115 times)

Offline Drax

• Soldier
Help me with moding...
« on: February 21, 2014, 02:30:49 pm »
I would like to know how to change the look of weapons, in detail, it would nice if someone make a video, because I can only replace with a picture that has white background I just want the look of weapon. You know what I mean? I am running with a weapon on white square ;/

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:48:05 pm by drax993 »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Help me with moding...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:02:35 pm »
replace the white background with the the lime color which is used as a background color for all the weapons. Everything which is in lime will not be displayed ingame. (lime is avaible on paint as a default color)
You will see the result ingame then
Also the weapons-gfx file are not in jpg file format.
Right click on the knife gfx, Edit with Paint - Replace the white background with lime.
Should work

Also you will have to change the image size else your weapon will be as large than on my attached image.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:11:09 pm by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 03:20:19 pm »
thanks man it works, yours look pretty cool xD
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:19:11 am by drax993 »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 10:33:23 pm »
Download an existing Soldat mod and use it as an example. Open up the images and see how they're made.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 12:21:09 am »
does anyone knows how to put images of weapons from google into soldat easly? I was wondering if I can use wand to mark the area of weapon and the crop it but somehow its not working, there is a lasso  tool but its really bad. Any tips/tricks?

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 12:37:59 am »
does anyone knows how to put images of weapons from google into soldat easly? I was wondering if I can use wand to mark the area of weapon and the crop it but somehow its not working, there is a lasso  tool but its really bad. Any tips/tricks?
using real weapon photos is not a good idea - you should try to somehow redraw the weapon.
If you really are trying to get your google image into soldat you'll have to crop it.

As L[0ne]R has said you should download some existing mods and see how they were made. You can test around there.

If you can't draw a weapon, you can try to overdraw the weapons photo with some color (with paint or whatever you are using) and resize it to the weapons-gfx default size then.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:40:24 am by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 12:38:21 am »
can I get rid of this dirty smoke that goes after law bullet?? how can I make it invisble for moding?

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 12:42:34 am »
can I get rid of this dirty smoke that goes after law bullet?? how can I make it invisble for moding?
I'm not really sure. It's somewhere in "sparks-gfx" -> Explosions - smoke 1-10.
Try to delete them all (back up them first)
You will have to test around a lot of you want to make a mod, so just test stuff.
Also be sure to read the "readme.txt" files and help files which are in the folders.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:49:30 am by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 01:04:54 am »
thanks, tho I do not know which one is it, but its not important for now! thanks again!

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 02:06:56 am »
how to mod, smudge of m79 and all of them????

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 02:27:32 am »
Hey how to fix this:
here on the first(2) picture I dont have minigun and my bullet starts off from above my head, I dont want that, I want him to shoot from his hands, like on the second(1) picture where he has minigun, how to fix it?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:42:23 am by drax993 »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 05:02:52 am »
Hey how to fix this:
here on the first(2) picture I dont have minigun and my bullet starts off from above my head, I dont want that, I want him to shoot from his hands, like on the second(1) picture where he has minigun, how to fix it?

there are two weapon gfx files
"minigun" for the left side
and "minigun2" if you turn right

(or image 1for right & image 2 for left - don't really know that now. You can find it out though )

the second weapon gfx file is always vertically switched. ( so if you add a new weapon you need to files and the second one has to be vertically switched)
If you open up "minigun1" & "minigun2" , or any other weapon with paint you will notice that.

Your minigun bullet is way to large so just reduce its size about 75% or so.

As I said you will have to play around with those settings a bit.
Don't add to large items.

Didn't really take a closer look on your image.
If you remove that blue circle on the end of your shoot (explosion circle thing), it should be ok.
bullets have to be linear to not cause a total mess.
You can edit your explosions at sparks gfx -> explosions
A minigun doesnt have explosive bullets anyway, so you will have to make that much smaller.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:09:03 am by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 05:11:39 am »
no its the way I want it to be, it just the bullet (when looking to the right) goes from above, how come?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 11:30:46 am »
AFAIK there's no way to fix this at the moment, so you'll just have to keep your images the same size as the original.

It's because of how Soldat handles images - each image is attached to its spot by the corner, not the center of the image. So if it's is too large - it doesn't expand in every direction evenly - it expands only up-left or bottom-right, depending on the direction in which you're looking. This is something I hope devs can introduce sometime soon to remove this limitation, but for now you'll have to keep your images small.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:35:18 am by L[0ne]R »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 11:41:29 am »
L[0ne]R report in in mantis?
If anyone knows bugs involving modding you should deffenelty report it in mantis, I know alot is wrong with it but I'm not really into modding so I feel like I don't see the whole picture yet. So please: http://bugs.soldat.pl/view_all_bug_page.php

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 01:22:25 pm »
hold on I still do not understand, how is that it can work properly from the left and to the right side it is different??? what's the problem? they are the same, aren't they.

you didn't answer to this: how to mod, smudge of m79 and other smudges?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:25:32 pm by Drax »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 02:01:15 pm »
every graphic you have in sparks-gfx and in weapons-gfx folders, just remember to not resize them and keep alpha as lime color

smudge graphic  is in weapons-gfx

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 03:40:48 pm »
can I make a different color for each weapon?  ???

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 04:22:34 pm »
L[0ne]R report in in mantis?
If anyone knows bugs involving modding you should deffenelty report it in mantis, I know alot is wrong with it but I'm not really into modding so I feel like I don't see the whole picture yet. So please: http://bugs.soldat.pl/view_all_bug_page.php
AFAIK this isn't a bug, just the way the game was coded where sprites' origin coordinates are at the corner of an image, not the center. Also I think there already was an entry about that on mantis, though I'm not sure. It might've been posted so long ago that it's already been forgotten. I'm not even sure if it should be posted on Mantis as it's not really a bug and "fixing" it would require quite a bit of work since there's a lot of images that have this issue.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 04:27:38 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 07:07:13 pm »
best program to mod sounds effect, music?