Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.7.0 RELEASED!  (Read 83769 times)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: SOLDAT 1.7.0 RELEASED!
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2016, 01:22:13 am »
Probably the same people who for past few years didnt touch any maps and didnt make any remakes for 1.7 ;) /sarcasm

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2016, 01:36:57 am »
btw. who was high enough to add 'RR' as a default map?
It looks horrible
It has a horrible layout
and no one ever asked to add this.

L.O.L.  :o :|

I thought it was a custom map downloaded of a shitty server that I joined to test some things.
There's just one meaning to me: Stop talking about remakes and giving feedbacks, we don't care.

I'm speechless.
+1

PS: I did a f* research on TMS looking for the best TM/DM maps (I saw all the maps over there, one by one) and was about to post here, suggesting maps to replace some crap maps (like Aero and Tropiccave). PS²: I did the same research between 2011-2014 and the result was almost the same, I've also tested for some months these maps on my old server... But they prefer RR  :D ::) ???
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:41:32 am by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2016, 03:11:50 am »
truly impressed with your work and it looks amazing, however I can't get it to run on Mac OS  X (Yosemite 10.10.5) with Wine, where it just shows a black screen, tried to fiddle with the settings a bit but with no luck, has anyone else tried it on mac so far? I succesfully played the game before with Parallels but its rather annoying having to boot up a completely diffferent OS everytime you want to play, would make a lot more sense if it worked with Wine in OS X. Shoozza have you or any other developers succesfully got it running on mac?

Peace

For now, the only succesfull mac attempt we have information about has been with parallels (it had some high dpi issues but those could be fixed and it was reported to work fine).
urraka

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2016, 03:32:12 am »
I played my first game of Soldat in probably 4 years and it ran great

Good job everyone

now fix netcode
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2016, 03:37:28 am »
Guys, the new version is very good and VERY smooth but servers were full for one day after the release of 1.7.0. Now the servers are empty. AGAIN. This game needs more players. The only chance is to release the game on Steam platform. Is it possible? When? One year or two? Then it will be absolutely too late  :|

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2016, 03:43:07 am »
It looks horrible
It has a horrible layout

L.O.L.  :o :|

I thought it was a custom map downloaded of a shitty server that I joined to test some things.
There's just one meaning to me: Stop talking about remakes and giving feedbacks, we don't care.

I'm speechless.
+1

PS: I did a f* research on TMS looking for the best TM/DM maps (I saw all the maps over there, one by one) and was about to post here, suggesting maps to replace some crap maps (like Aero and Tropiccave). PS²: I did the same research between 2011-2014 and the result was almost the same, I've also tested for some months these maps on my old server... But they prefer RR  :D ::) ???

Its something like: "You all are annoying mentioning this all the time! get lost!""

Yes we are annoying, because players spend on maps 99% of time, and even if we have "HD" graphic any new player that enter game gonna see shitty maps filled with ugly polygons. Even old GUI look fresh compared to some maps...

So probably some people would say: "If you are so wordy, make map. eeeee!"
For past... 20000 years people where making maps on this forum. You could find people who made good quality maps in their free time just because they wanted... and it was like: nice look! cool map! but we dont care.
Because just not, because you used png file, because one polygon color was bad, because I dont like that person, because someone else make this map long time ago, because scenery is to dense...
Like if the current maps would be so perfect in every way...

Also third time Im gonna ask what happens to map that shoozza showed up in beta2? This Ash building part? If someone say that in this period of time you didnt finish this one map... I seriously doubt that you make anything at all...
Even one map remake would be cool, and after seeing what devs awant nd what they aiming for, other users could start making maps again, but only if they would know that it could be used, without knowing it, no one gonna care just like no one care for past few years about refreshing them.

Offline Tarrega

• Major(1)
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2016, 04:07:42 am »
Perfect! Time to get back to playing. <3

Offline Ichiro

• Major(1)
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2016, 04:49:29 am »
Looks and feels amazing, fantastic job. Little suggestion, one of the first things that were always modified by me were the bullets with the trails to be a lot more visible.

I see you are talking about Steam, they could take care of the anti-cheat via Steamworks I presume, which is the next big milestone. And the last one, almost as important, what about the netcode? Was anything done to it in the last years? Can anything be done even?

People today are not like we were 10-15 years ago, if they see now what we did not care about back then, they will be very fast to judge the game, leave a review with a bad rating. And the first impression must be good if we want this game to be alive again.

o/ DS
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:53:00 am by Ichiro »
Soldat Domination Promotional Video - http://vimeo.com/26247936
Try our gather at #gather.eu @ quakenet.org

Offline Mokkun

• Major(1)
  • Zz
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2016, 05:17:58 am »
Guys, the new version is very good and VERY smooth but servers were full for one day after the release of 1.7.0. Now the servers are empty. AGAIN. This game needs more players. The only chance is to release the game on Steam platform. Is it possible? When? One year or two? Then it will be absolutely too late  :|

Timezones maybe?

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2016, 06:13:11 am »
Nope, its still between 10-30players between 8:00-12:00(Europe UCT+1) and 30-60 players between 12:00-16:00(Europe UCT+1) and 40-70/80 after 16:00(Europe UCT+1)

Looking at players talking on servers most of them just checked soldat, because some friend told them about it. Maybe they gonna check game once per week...

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2016, 10:15:35 am »
ScriptCore3:
MaskCheck
ContainString
Inc
Dec
PlaySound
Missing!

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2016, 12:17:43 pm »
Why StatID := Map.AddObject(MediTemp);
WHY ID IS: 112526160
I dont can kill object

DestoryStat(StatID,ID);
Code: [Select]
procedure DestoryStat(Stat, i: byte);
begin
Map.CreateBullet(Map.Objects[Stat].X,Map.Objects[Stat].Y+6,0,0,1000,5,Players[i]);
Map.CreateBullet(Map.Objects[Stat].X-8,Map.Objects[Stat].Y+6,0,0,1000,5,Players[i]);
Map.CreateBullet(Map.Objects[Stat].X+8,Map.Objects[Stat].Y+6,0,0,1000,5,Players[i]);
Map.CreateBullet(Map.Objects[Stat].X,Map.Objects[Stat].Y,0,0,1000,5,Players[i]);
//PlaySound(0,'cluster-explosion.wav',Map.Objects[Stat].X,Map.Objects[Stat].Y);
PlayerInfo[i].StatID:=-1;
Map.Objects[Stat].Kill;
end;
Because I get an error that MAXimum id is 90..

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2016, 01:07:37 pm »
Had a ton of fun yesterday when I jumped on for about 35 minutes. I had my mouse sensitivity set way too high so I wasn't doing too well, but it was great to be back.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2016, 02:47:35 pm »
Why StatID := Map.AddObject(MediTemp);
WHY ID IS: 112526160

dominikk for fuck's sake, read the docs carefuly: http://wiki.soldat.pl/index.php/TMap.AddObject
This returns TActiveMapObject, not an integer. What you've got is a memory address of that object. I'm amazed pascalscript actually compiled that.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2016, 10:51:02 am »
Great work! :D

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2016, 04:01:11 pm »
Just messaged some download portals where you still find very old versions of Soldat.
Please do this too. Most of the times it's very simple. Just google for "Soldat download" or "Soldat game" and check if the newest version is available. Often there is even a link like "Newer version available? Tell us here!".

I encourage everyone to do that, too.
I also sent some mails to a few German tech sites and some of them already picked the suggestion up. Chip.de (one of the biggest tech sites in Germany) even published an article promoting Soldat with a video. Softonic replied, too, saying they would update their entry for Soldat soon. So it does have an effect.
Go ahead and help spreading the word about this great game. Write to websites and magazines in your country. They will thank you for the hint.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2016, 01:50:51 am »
Really glad OpenGL support was finally implemented. I need to fix my windows 7 VM so i can enjoy the better graphics :) Epic Kudos for Urraka. He's been active on these forums for a *long* time; too bad he wasn't made dev sooner.

For now, the only succesfull mac attempt we have information about has been with parallels (it had some high dpi issues but those could be fixed and it was reported to work fine).

I'm getting just black screen too. wine 1.9.2 / mac mavericks.

It looks horrible
It has a horrible layout

The story of RR: I made RogueReturn in 2007 (!).

In 2009, Wraithlike reworked it a little to create RR.

7 years later it was added default because people on SCTFL like it for 2v2 / 1v1 SLV1 matches.

Who would have thought the idea I had when I was 14 would be added to Soldat almost ten years later? Totally fucking unexpected but I think it's cool. :D What's next, will my ten year old Adore be added as its also played still?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:59:46 am by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2016, 06:44:26 am »
Oh, RR?

It's a bit too easy to camp and avoid combat, but I think it's a very fun to play on with barret/ruger, lots of jukes to be had. It's not even the worst map looks-wise.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2016, 09:10:05 am »
Soldat would be the perfect game for some twitch streamers to play during downtime (long queues and such)

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2016, 09:05:48 am »
At the moment, I usually see less than 20 people on all of the servers.

I would like to know at what time you checked that. There were even >20 players in the lobby at 4am CET last night. Right now (14am) there are ~100 players online.
Except of that, I agree with most what you said. Looking forward to some community-driven work in the future, too.