Author Topic: [HD] LineShadows v2.0 (beautifully simple)  (Read 18027 times)

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
[HD] LineShadows v2.0 (beautifully simple)
« on: January 10, 2016, 11:15:10 am »
Hey guys,

proudly presenting another HD-ready interface for Soldat 1.7+: LineShadows.

Features:
- HD resolution
- beautifully looking with blurred black shadow elements
- yet simple style not distracting you ingame
- saving space coming without fire bar, weapon name, ammo text or ping dot
- nice fire "bar" indicator included in ammo display
- silver vest bar gets placed on top of health bar
- optimized for 4K, looks good with any resolution (> 720p suggested)
- optimized for setup with "Scale interface" enabled

Screenshot:

[Mirror]

Credits: The concept and design was originally created by Akinaro. All graphics were then entirely remade by L[0ne]R. I'm basically just the super-visor maintaining the interface.

If you notice any issues or have suggestions, please let me know.

Changelog:
v2.0:
- all graphics have been completely remade by L[0ne]R
- new icon nades icon
- fire-bar added
v1.1:
- revised icons: nades, cursor, vest-bar
- general alignment corrections
- alpha=255 (no transparency)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:57:23 pm by CCalp »

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Re: [HD] LineShadows (beautifully simple)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 11:27:16 am »
Thank you for remaking this one, Calp. Simple, polished and good looking interface. I'll use it for sure.

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 04:03:27 pm »
IMO the text and bars are a bit too dark, so it can be hard to see how much of it you have left in the middle of a fight. I'd increase the contrast a bit like it was on Akinaro's screenshot. Also I'd make the shadows a bit more transparent. Right now they're so dark they blend in with the bars so their shape kind of gest lost. Not a huge fan of grenade icons, I feel they don't really match the rest of the interface. Maybe they could use shadows too, for the sake of consistency.

Overall though I think it's a really nice and simple interface. I'd include that as default instead of Simplex, since we'll already mave Micro and Ankka for simplicity/minimalism needs.

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 08:14:30 pm »
IMO the text and bars are a bit too dark, so it can be hard to see how much of it you have left in the middle of a fight. I'd increase the contrast a bit like it was on Akinaro's screenshot. Also I'd make the shadows a bit more transparent. Right now they're so dark they blend in with the bars so their shape kind of gest lost. Not a huge fan of grenade icons, I feel they don't really match the rest of the interface. Maybe they could use shadows too, for the sake of consistency.
Thanks for your recommendations. If you want, you may contribute to the interface graphics and modify in that way you would like it to have (and share it with us:)). I still haven't finished neither the Micro nor the Ankka interface, so I'll be pretty busy with that until next release. Additionally, I am pretty sure you'll be faster to modify this interface in the way you would like to have, since you are more experienced at that stuff than me.

Overall though I think it's a really nice and simple interface. I'd include that as default instead of Simplex, since we'll already mave Micro and Ankka for simplicity/minimalism needs.
In the end, I don't really mind which ones will be included. I'm happy as long as the registered users get some proper interfaces in HD. It'd be a shame to see all those interfaces rest in these forums only.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 09:02:05 am »
Well you could rotate those nade icons and squeeze them a bit.

Also problem is that this interface use alpha, and it should not use it. That why its look different than I had it, and that why it look a bit dark/weird.

PS. also different cursor that fit "a bit" more to main interface
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 09:05:00 am by Akinaro »

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 09:29:10 am »
Also problem is that this interface use alpha, and it should not use it.

lol, I did not even notice that since I kind of did this in a rush... Thanks for your advice and the graphic files. I'll try to find a few spare minutes to update the interface asap..

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
Updated version!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 06:58:16 pm »
Okay guys, I think I have implemented all your wishes. See first post for current version including changelog and updated screenshot.
Hope you like it :)
@L[0ne]R: You think it's ready for becoming a default interface now?

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 06:44:51 am »
Look nice now, good work!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 12:57:51 pm »
I still think contrast between shadows and the bars could be improved a bit. Also shadows suddenly cut off at left-right edges. I was gonna modify them myself, but I'd either need the original .PSD files, or more time to reconstruct the images from scratch and find the font that was used in them. (I work today and tomorrow, so I won't be able to do that, but I can work on that on Thursday).

Akinaro, can you provide the original .PSDs, or at least tell me which font you used?

Grenade icons look more consistent, but now they're too big and you can't fit 5 of them (max you can have). If you have 5 grenades - they go past the edge of the bar.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 02:06:27 pm »
Lol you really need original files for such small work like blurring shadows at sides and contrast fix? xD
I though you are know basic work with graphic...
People seriously need schedule whole day for such basic work? it should take less than 10min to fix color, shadow and upload it :/

Just add 5min to time you spend to login to forum and write that... and its done..
Im not making laugh or anything but its seriously weird that you need all that just for modify such simple graphic.

Also I dont use photoshop PSD format. I use Clip Studio and Gimp, so even if I can export them to photoshop format it would be nice if people would stop associate graphic editing with photoshop... its a bit limited reasoning...

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 12:19:39 am »
Im not making laugh or anything
If that isn't what you're doing - then I don't know what is.

Anyway, if I was going to just mess with some brightness and levels - yeah, that'd only take a minute. Except that's not what I was going to do.
I'd like to completely redo shadows the "clean" way, which means removing shadows while preserving everything else. This would be a quick fix, but because of anti-aliasing used in text, parts of it have blended with the shadows. This means separating text from the shadows while preserving quality will take some time. If you spent a mere minute of your time to post the name of the font - I could do this quicker and cleaner. I don't think I'm asking for much.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:02:54 am by L[0ne]R »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 01:18:34 am »
Fixed this for you:

I will be a huge dick while saying I will not be a huge dick in this post before I tell you I care too little to simply help a fellow out.

And the greatest gem:

I could have added 5 seconds to making this post and simply upload the files I have to your convenience. Instead, I tell you to figure this shit out by yourself while belittling you throughout the post.

Why are you so freaking toxic? I don't get it. Just work together with people instead of bloating yourself up like a rubber boat that bursts on first contact? In case you don't get the analogy: you belittle people and then start a flame war if someone rates your post. Guess what will happen here. :)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 03:36:34 am »
Of course this topic would be bad if DarkCrusade didnt show up and protect Loner virginity like good white knight...
And no im not toxic, you should realize after all those years that flame wars are where you are, so you should think where the problem lies.
Because its funny that only you two have problem with me and I dont have any problem with working with others on this forum :]

DarkCrusade

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 05:02:42 am »
It's funny, you reacted the same way I predicted. :) Only because most people don't tell you you're a dick, doesn't mean they don't think you're a dick. For someone who acts like he's so smart, you're quite dastard.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 06:31:42 am »
Cool story, but it also applies to you :]
Small check of old topic and where is some stupid flames... you are there.... always... trying too hard...

And by people you mean you and loner? Taking in to the account that there is probably 10-15 users here I really dont care about few ass licking users that talk to much.

If CCalp think that it need to be change something Im ok with that, because he is author of it. But I dont care if some random user show up and start wining that something is not like he like and he need to put his 5cents to it looking for problem where it doesnt exist.

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 06:57:32 am »
Guys, I don't like to see that stuff in here. I wouldn't call L[0ne]R a random user, nor would I call his post "wining" [sic].
If he is not completely satisfied with the interface, he has the right to ask for changes, or as in his case, ask for the files to be modified. TBH, I don't see it like you, L[0ne]R, probably because I am just not as perfectionist in terms of graphics apparently. Concerning the nades, I noticed that when I put the interface together, however, I haven't seen any server with max. nade amount >4 for a very long time. When do you have 5 nades or more?
Akinaro, as all credits for graphics belong to you, I don't expect you to do anything. If I had the original graphics file you used, I would share them publicly immediately. So you just know my opinion as the "author" of this interface.

I don't intend to offend any of you guys, really. I just want people to be happy.
I did not create this interface for me (as I use another one), but for other users who would like to use that one. So those guys should be just perfectly happy with what they get. :)

PS: However, I am not skilled enough to do the changes to the shadows you suggested, L[0ne]R. Sorry!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 01:12:20 pm »
Akinaro, I don't really care what you think about me or what I'm trying to do. You're entitled to your own opinion. I don't expect you to lick anyone's ass either. However you could at least put the effort into not being a complete douche. I.e. just basic ability of being polite to others. It's not getting anyone anywhere and starts a flame war in every single thread. I'm not even asking you to do any of it yourself. I'll be doing all the work. Why do you have to make such a simple thing so damn difficult? Do you really enjoy forum wars that much? Do you find it easier to tell others how useless their effort is and how stupid they and their opinions are, instead of just going along and choosing a simple peaceful solution?

These entire 8 comments could be completely avoided if you could just

the name

of the font.

Give it a try. Just post the name of the font. Nothing else. Just font name. It will feel good to end this stupid fight and get back on topic.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:14:07 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 11:37:25 pm »
Actually you know what, don't bother. I just spent 20 minutes retracing the letters in vector and got a 99.9% identical result with even crisper quality. I might as well remake the whole thing from scratch and fix any remaining flaws, since you're clearly too incapable and thick-headed to do it yourself or to cooperate with others who offer to do it for you. Kindly go fuck yourself.

Offline GeniDoX

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 05:50:55 am »
Best resolution to use with this interface ?

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 11:29:28 am »
Best resolution to use with this interface ?

Originally intented to use with 720p, I use it with 1600x900 and it looks nice, too. I haven't tested any other resolution, though. I think you should stick with 16:9 and choose highest resolution which is possible for you. It should be "pixel perfect" with 4K resolution BTW (the screenshot is in 4K, too).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:38:22 pm by CCalp »