Author Topic: Imaginator in your Braininator  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Imaginator in your Braininator
« on: November 18, 2009, 07:32:06 pm »
I put on some music. I closed my eyes.
(Do you know that feeling when you close your eyes after looking at something and how you can still "see" it? Like, if you studied it long enough, then closed your eyes, you could still walk around in that scene without killing yourself [falling, wandering in the wrong direction, etc.])
The music caused my mind to create an image.
(It was a scene that I could picture the music going to, per say if the music was to be in a movie, it would have been played in this scene.)
I decided that the scene was so desirable, I made my mind recreate that image, and then added depth to it. I worked on the senses one by one. Smelling the hot atmosphere; the warm wind spattering my arm with sand particles; the road stretching straight into the horizon, and the depth of the scene, as if I was just there and had just closed my eyes.
And for a second, I was there. And now I sigh, knowing I am still here.

My question for you is, have you ever tried this, or done this just by happenstance? And if you haven't and ever feel like what I first described (something causing a scene to be created in your mind), I recommend that you do try it.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: Imaginator in your Braininator
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 08:48:15 pm »
It happens to me sometimes, whether I close my eyes or not.
However due to my lack of painting skills it doesn't usually get to the "recreating the image" part. But here's one of my unfinished works, which was inspired by a wonderful music track called "Glide" by Vir Unis:

edit: it seems I got distracted and took some parts of the post a bit too literally.
Since I like to multitask, I don't completely stop what I'm doing and I don't close my eyes. I limit myself to simply zoning out and daydreaming, but I do that a LOT. Only when the atmosphere around me is especially peaceful and when there's absolutely nothing to do - then I can spend time just lying on my bed with my eyes closed and imagine things.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:44:29 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:37:32 pm »
I can never put myself into a different place in my mind. I just look back at memories and relive the emotions.
@ii

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 10:42:34 pm »
Some particularly compelling musical numbers cause me to daydream.  Anything without lyrics (especially classical music) will produce results.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 12:01:37 am »
My question for you is, have you ever tried this, or done this just by happenstance?

Yes.

I also have a strange kind of synesthesia when it comes to powerful tastes like fine cheeses. I'll see images in my head not unlike those seen by the main character in the Disney movie Ratatouille.

Those images when you close your eyes are commonly called "afterimages," by the way.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 02:02:10 am »
I also have a strange kind of synesthesia when it comes to powerful tastes like fine cheeses.

Those images when you close your eyes are commonly called "afterimages," by the way.

I haven't tried the taste sensation yet... it honestly hasn't occurred to me, but then it didn't fit in the scene I imagined earlier.

Afterimages, I'll keep that in mind...

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 06:02:07 am »
I do this almost daily.
My images are usually me piloting a jet or high mobility mecha of some sort and I'm just cruising around beatiful landscapes at incredible speeds.

It feels awesome and its sort of a dream I'd love to make happen one day.

Although this is not the only thing I imaginate about. Sometimes it involve in something that I really liked previously or what I could do by looking at something that does it.
I can easily simulate the image and feel of me dropping of a plane for skydiving just by looking at a parachute or something else that will remind me of it.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 06:13:36 am »
I can do this but only for a brief moment, about a second maximum.  Any tips to help me concerntrate? I usually start thinking "hey, cow cool is this!" the moment I establish a good state of mind.  :(

Player since late 2007

Offline GSx_Major

• Major
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 07:02:29 am »
This thread reeks of salvia.
...and headbutt the sucker through your banana suit!

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 09:43:21 am »
This thread reeks of salvia.

No, it doesn't.

Experiencing music sober: I put on some music. I close my eyes. Ooooh...I can imagine interesting, colorful, moving shapes. That was nice.

Experiencing music on salvia: I put on some music. I close my eyes. I take a hit of salvia. I put the bong down put the bong down put the bong down put the bong dowwwwwwwwwwwwwww HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhAHAHAHAHA geeeeezchquertzwallow in the faaaaaaaaaakTREEES##$$#%^

Offline GSx_Major

• Major
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 10:26:30 am »
Ease off on the 20x! If you go beyond like... Gravity shift level-ish then you've had too much.

But you're right, this is not really hallucinogens. More like weed.

...and headbutt the sucker through your banana suit!

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 11:30:56 am »
Experiencing music on salvia: I put on some music. I close my eyes. I take a hit of salvia. I put the bong down put the bong down put the bong down put the bong dowwwwwwwwwwwwwww HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhAHAHAHAHA geeeeezchquertzwallow in the faaaaaaaaaakTREEES##$$#%^

Haha, don't even mention it, that stuff blasted me right into the apocalypse scene of Don Hertzfeldt's Rejected. Amblin's my witness.

Still have a good portion left too, it's haunting me every day.

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 04:39:40 pm »

Haha, don't even mention it, that stuff blasted me right into the apocalypse scene of Don Hertzfeldt's Rejected. Amblin's my witness.

Cool, you like Don's stuff. I met the dude in person, when he screened his latest flick (I am so proud of you). Also watched his meaning of life that night. Fuckin awesome. Pretty intelligent dude too... just too bad that half of his audience of fans are too stupid to really appreciate his humor.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 06:24:30 pm »

I consider myself an adept hallucinogen user, but salvia kicked my ass several times. When I began sharing with my friends, it was only because I wanted the salvia gone so that I would never consider using it again.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 08:32:23 pm »
I put on some music. I closed my eyes.
(Do you know that feeling when you close your eyes after looking at something and how you can still "see" it? Like, if you studied it long enough, then closed your eyes, you could still walk around in that scene without killing yourself [falling, wandering in the wrong direction, etc.])
The music caused my mind to create an image.
(It was a scene that I could picture the music going to, per say if the music was to be in a movie, it would have been played in this scene.)
I decided that the scene was so desirable, I made my mind recreate that image, and then added depth to it. I worked on the senses one by one. Smelling the hot atmosphere; the warm wind spattering my arm with sand particles; the road stretching straight into the horizon, and the depth of the scene, as if I was just there and had just closed my eyes.
And for a second, I was there. And now I sigh, knowing I am still here.

My question for you is, have you ever tried this, or done this just by happenstance? And if you haven't and ever feel like what I first described (something causing a scene to be created in your mind), I recommend that you do try it.
Have you been $|V|0K1NG \^/33D?  :P

Although is is possible, to make your mind and body feel as if it was in a place that it isn't, I must say, I never felt the need to try inducing a "druged out state of mind " before... In short I like feeling like I am where I am  :|

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 10:16:43 am »
ITT:

It says "Life is the best drug".  [retard]

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 05:47:09 pm »
Agh I hate signs like that. Life isn't a drug! It's what you do with it that can be a drug! If you close up and get all depressed, then according to that, life's one mellow shit drug. So screw you smiley!

But my life is good. I'm not all closed up, I swear! Too bad there's a lotta people are there like that though. They're just screwing themselves over; not good.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 06:14:39 pm »
Agh I hate signs like that. Life isn't a drug! It's what you do with it that can be a drug! If you close up and get all depressed, then according to that, life's one mellow s**t drug. So screw you smiley!

or you could just take drugs. why bum around with alternatives