Author Topic: INF/CTF_Grainz  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
INF/CTF_Grainz
« on: October 06, 2006, 12:41:37 am »
INF_Grainz by Eagles_Arrows

Here, where, and everythere.

[OV]
[SS1]
[SS2]
[SS3]

Small, sandy Infiltration map.  Waypoints aren't the best I've done, but it's at
a "meh" level.  Layout, too. :-\

Are those palm trees deadly?
-Only the leaves.

I can easily fly over the trees, lololol!
...Oh crap...deadly borders again!
-YES :)

Looks like a CTF...
-I thought the same.  The problem with my INF maps are that they just look too
CTF-ish.  Ah, well. :-\
>>CTF_Grainz is out!  Basically the same thing with modified waypoints and relocated red flag spawn.

Holy crap, this is your sixth map in the past twenty days.  You're like a map
dispenser!

-...Well, in my free time (which is usually after school), I draw a layout, modify
it a bit, and realize it with Polyworks every night for an hour or two. :P

Credits
-Plonkoon & others - Custom Scenery
-VirtuallTT - Texture (Renamed it to "Arena3_oenoedge")

Download
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:37:15 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: INF_Grainz
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 12:47:30 am »
Awesome aesthetics.

Make it CTF! :P Then I shall dl.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 12:49:18 am »
LOL Keron!  I knew someone's gonna say that...

Fine, fine!  I'll add a CTF version of it later.  I'm too tired to repack/reupload everything now...

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 12:52:18 am »
The texture stretching and shading is very nice. Scenery is pretty good though the two palm trees are very vibrant in comparison to the rest of the map, also that camonet at the top of the hill looks a little too stretched.

I've just noticed you mentioned you've waypointed it, I'll be off testing it now. Looks pretty hard for bravo, I'll soon see.

Good job, it looks really nice.  ;)

Edit:

I played it. As I thought, it's pretty hard for bravo team, but that's mainly for the first score, after that it was easier for them because they were able to spread out across the map. It isn't really normal infiltration because you feel as though your trying to stop the enemy from passing you rather than feel like you are defending an object (most of the fighting was far away from the flag). That's not to say it wasn't fun, infact the map worked better than I thought it would.

The map isn't perfect but it's still fun. Well done.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 01:01:55 am by KamikazeDuck »
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 01:16:03 am »
I've also noticed the easy score, and due to the fact that Bravos (on the second-highest platform near Alpha) discourage Alphas from taking that route, when they go around them and take the flag ("hahaha, this is easy"), they'll be seeing Bravo at their base.  I thought it was fun as well.  Thanks for the comment!

CTF_Grainz is out, because I just drank cola and I'm not tired anymore. ;D

EDIT:  Okay, CTF_Grainz has been modified so that Alpha will have a much harder time, balancing everything out. xP
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:23:31 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
Re: INF/CTF_Grainz
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 08:24:38 am »
I have this at my INF server :)

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 09:02:57 pm »
the texturing is phenomenal (as usual), and the layout looks promising. everyone else has basically said what I woulda said (like huzzah for waypoints, it'd a make a killer ctf map, etc.)

my bigegst concern is with some of the scenery. first off, the clouds are a bit... oddly positioned. Id stretch em over the entire top of the map, then make a few like 10% alpha, some 35% or so, maybe one like 20%, and have them overlap in places. also, the camo net is waaaayyyy over stretched. seems like someone as good as you woulda made like a totaly redone .png net or something that completely beats out the default sceneries and amazes everyone. whatever lol, the map still turned out great. Id give it a 6.7/10 for inf (just cuase it isnt all that inf-like, if ya know what I mean) but maybe 8.3/10 for ctf (just change the sceneries around like I mentioned, maybe it'd look better. or maybe Im wrong and a failure at this stuff, but whatever). great job and keep up the excellent work, bud! ;D
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 05:30:51 pm »
I'd like to check this map out, but the link is dead. :/
upd: NVM, I found a working link: http://sfd.doc776.org/map/2444

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 04:34:07 pm »
Don't necropost, if you really wanted it, you should have contacted Eagles first.