Author Topic: scrip idea  (Read 1384 times)

Offline colby

• Major(1)
  • party time!!!
scrip idea
« on: March 08, 2007, 11:57:40 pm »
hello, i had an idea from the game counter strike that i think could be transfered to soldat.  when you tk some one is some servers, you get punished. what i would want to make is...if the person that died feels like it was an accident, they would press / and type forgive.  I have no idea if this is posible, but i seems like it could work. i couldnt make anything like this but i think someone else could do it.  feel free to say what you want...smart? stupid? good? bad? thanks
-colby
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:59:32 pm by colby »
favorite weapons: Styer, and Ruger

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
Re: scrip idea
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:07:08 am »
i already had this idea before and i think it's quite good. it is do-able and their could be various options like punishing the person by spawning dead next round, killing him immediatly or giving him a banpoint...
there could also  come various other nice addons for survival mode together with this script, i might get to it once i 2.6.0 is ouut and i finished my RPG script.
however, it could be a problem that many people won't understand how to use the script.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 09:43:43 am »
i really like the idea  aswell, `giving him a banpoint...`and forgive sounds really good to me
adjustable as ppl want it to have tho

Offline chase is my name

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 02:26:44 am »
Yes this is doable. I could make the script easy since I've done half the coding already for various other things I've got going in my server. There is a problem with list indexes going out of bounds though especially since my server uses half a dozen arrays that are kinda finnicky with the OnJoingame and OnJoinTeam events. hopefully this get sorted out  by the next release.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 05:47:13 am »
@chase: i am doing this script already, together with some other stuff to advance Friendly Fire :)
i can only finish it with 2.6.0 though ;)
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline chase is my name

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 10:10:04 am »
I'm guessing the reason why you can't finish the script is because you can't decrement (decrease) the number of kills someone has as a penalty for friendly fire.

Let me know what the hold-up is if it's not that. I'd love to help you out. I probably wouldn't even use the script though since my server/servers are deathmatch+survival mode.

??? hmmm what could be holding up your finishing the script??? maybe checking the players aliveness?