Author Topic: Soldat Enhanced (v2.1 update)  (Read 105946 times)

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
Re: Soldat Enhanced (v2.1 update)
« Reply #280 on: June 30, 2009, 09:17:51 am »
Probably more people has this problem but they dont care that much and didn't posted here. It's not ruining all atmosphere of mod and is "barely" noticeable but occur.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #281 on: June 30, 2009, 09:59:11 am »
Do note it doesn't manifest on your gradually alpha'd out image [jet icon], so that's what led me to believe it was an extension of the resampling bug.

Wonder if this is a 1.5 issue? I actually haven't fired up Soldat once since the update.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2009, 12:25:44 pm »
I did a lot of testing today to try and replicate the problem but couldn't find any problems myself. I've done some comparing of screenshots and it seems that the interface on your screenshot seems much more transparent than it should be.

I can't think why that could be... Are you using a registered version of Soldat? Make sure that in your options menu that your interface is set to default.

As far as I can tell this is a problem that is out of my hands, and I'm confident that it isn't a common problem or a new problem with 1.5 ... You may want to try resetting your Soldat settings or reinstalling Soldat and Soldat Enhanced.

Plastic wrap effect only happens with alpha-transparent images that are resized by Soldat. But the interface would only be resized if it wasn't using default/unregistered settings.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2009, 12:33:14 pm »
I don't believe it's strictly limited to resized images, since oftentimes when I was working with PNG ingames with alpha it would plasticwrap too, even though ingames don't get resized.

Wasn't antialiasing option checked 'off' by default? I remember running Soldat on my old computer and wondering if I could unblur the gosteks and noting to myself that AA was never on in the first place. Maybe unchecking it could resolve the issue?

CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2009, 01:12:46 pm »
Unlikely.. that is one of the things I tested today, turning on/off antialiasing did not effect it for me.

Isn't there an option on registered Soldat for interface transparency?.. I figure if it is it may be related to that.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2009, 01:50:21 pm »
Unlikely.. that is one of the things I tested today, turning on/off antialiasing did not effect it for me.

Isn't there an option on registered Soldat for interface transparency?.. I figure if it is it may be related to that.
Uninstalled and installed Soldat. Gone. But Espadon has right, this bug is based on Antialiasing, when set to on.

Problems with rendering Antialiasing in Soldat properly is probably fail of my outdated graphic card (RADEON 9200 SE).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:46:24 pm by Henito Kisou »

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #286 on: February 27, 2010, 02:11:08 am »
I use your png bullets.

May you tell me why those bullet are 3kb while others are some bytes. I tried to copy and paste, but i doenst seem like the original when i compile to turn it in less bytes.

Offline Prodigyx

• Soldier
    • SoldatX Brasil
SoldatX - SX Brasil - www.soldatx.com

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #288 on: January 16, 2012, 11:54:23 am »
I had a mod called Soldat Enhanched out years ago with weapons similar, nice mod

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #289 on: January 16, 2012, 03:22:41 pm »
It looks really pretty! Gonna download! :D

Let they add it into original version of Soldat!

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #290 on: January 26, 2012, 10:50:24 am »
It looks really pretty! Gonna download! :D

Let they add it into original version of Soldat!

They should i hate the original looka at the  [Barret] or the ugly  [Ruger] and  [Minigun] ....
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #291 on: January 26, 2012, 12:53:58 pm »
Use it as you wish, that's the reason why there is a mod folder inside soldat directory.
And original guns are awesome and original, no need to touch them.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #292 on: July 13, 2012, 09:31:44 am »
If anyone has Soldat Enhanced 2.1 installed or uploaded anywhere, feel free to post links to it here as the mirrors are dead.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #293 on: July 13, 2012, 12:17:06 pm »
If anyone has Soldat Enhanced 2.1 installed or uploaded anywhere, feel free to post links to it here as the mirrors are dead.
Don't you still have it? I'd love to try it out.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #294 on: July 14, 2012, 02:11:15 am »
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #295 on: July 18, 2012, 06:24:28 pm »
Excellent! I am most pleased.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #296 on: July 19, 2012, 08:15:15 pm »
This one still works
How'd I miss it.... D:

The mod is great, though I'm not liking some of the sounds (mostly gunfire sounds). Also MP5 and Barrett sounds have offset balance - MP5 sound always sounds from the right side, while barrett is always coming from left. Ruger sound however is absolutely perfect. <3
Reload sounds are a bit loud - just as loud as gunfire. Vanilla sounds on the other hand are too quiet, you can hardly tell that you're reloading. If you can make them something in-between from what they currently are and what the default sounds are - that should be perfect.

Weapon menu icons are indeed a bit big, but if this was accepted as replacement for default graphics (which I'd really love to happen) it may be worth to add some minor tweaks to vertical spacing between icons. Or make spacing scale automatically based on image height of each icon.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #297 on: July 22, 2012, 10:05:25 am »
Do you think I'm going to go back and work on a mod from 5 years ago?

It's already perfect. Leave it be.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #298 on: July 22, 2012, 08:18:13 pm »
Do you think I'm going to go back and work on a mod from 5 years ago?

It's already perfect. Leave it be.
It was just my opinion. Also I said it would be great if you fixed a few things but I never said you have to, so no need to get pissy.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #299 on: July 22, 2012, 10:01:49 pm »
pshhhhhh

I am not George Lucas, I'm not going to go fiddling with a classic masterpiece such as Soldat Enhanced is!!!