Author Topic: About the spamming issue  (Read 3039 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: About the spamming issue
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 04:36:50 pm »
Forums die because there isn't anyone there with the brainpower of a rat with down syndrome.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 07:11:24 am »
For the record, I don't know what spamming problem you're talking about and I think that you (or anyone who is complaining about a spam problem) is crying wolf. Spamming about a non-existent spam problem is:
1) stupid
2) a good way to get banned

I is crying wolf, eh? Well if it's evidence that you want to spit in my face:

Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click

I've never had a problem with you or your actions flab and I (obviously wrongly) figured you wouldn't have a problem with a discussion being brought up about a problem that is obvious throughout The Lounge and it's posters. Whether a new Bash-Pit is a good thing or not, I couldn't care. The pure intention in the creation of this thread was to form some kind of truce between what the community wants and what the admins will allow. So if you decide what I'm doing is stupid and you're going to ban me for it then I really could not give a ****.

I find it hilarious that every single one of those problematic threads (and just about every other one) centers around a few particular people that I can count on one hand, two of which are [temporarily] banned

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 09:12:25 am »
And I should think they'll be permanently banned soon too. Just like any of the other members that got fed up over how the issue was dealt with, that's if they don't leave.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 11:47:12 am »
And I should think they'll be permanently banned soon too. Just like any of the other members that got fed up over how the issue was dealt with, that's if they don't leave.
Sarcasm much?
Anyway, thing is most of them aren't done with any thought. Just some pissed of guy making a topic. Like I have said before if they organized their thoughts and made a reasonable argument Flab might be inclined to listen but no has ever done it. Hell if you look at the Bash Pit thread in this section you will see that we aren't always just blindly making this decision we compared the old forums to the new.
@ii

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 01:47:21 pm »
Look, instead of just talking about it, why not just add the bash pit, compare it to the old forums, if it's worse, remove it. If the addition of the bash pit brings in more permanent members and brings back some of the old members, it could well be worth it.

Besides, it doesn't hurt to try. It's not like you're going to get a few stitches from it, unlike pipe bombs.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 02:50:34 pm »
Look, instead of just talking about it, why not just add the bash pit, compare it to the old forums, if it's worse, remove it. If the addition of the bash pit brings in more permanent members and brings back some of the old members, it could well be worth it.

Besides, it doesn't hurt to try. It's not like you're going to get a few stitches from it, unlike pipe bombs.
we already had a bashpit. The bashpit is like having an atom bomb, we know what it does to the forums, so we aren't going to test it.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 03:13:22 pm »
The only place I feel has been spammed enough is the official content boards.  Specifically, the 1.4.1. released board, everyone is posting help related titles, instead of posts that relate to the topic.

yes, I agree.  Fortunately I think the moderators are smart enough to leave that alone.  People who post "help me!" in the release threads are only hurting themselves, and it would be stupid of us to try an prevent most of the on-topic spam in those threads, like people posting "yay its coming" and such.