Author Topic: Mod stealing  (Read 7621 times)

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
Re: Mod stealing
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 02:34:19 pm »
I really don't know what to think about that now but I agree with that we should be more polite for the newbies (or how it should be writen). We should tell them that they should change some things that are fully ripped witout asking and wait for results.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 02:50:09 pm »
Yeah Shirvorken used some of my sound effects, but he asked my permission though... And that's the difference.

The point is.. mixing other peoples mods and then submitting it achieves nothing in my opinion, if people want to mix mods together to get the playing experience they want in soldat that's fine... but what we're all looking for is new and original mods, not recycled old ones.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 03:04:24 pm »
I really don't know what to think about that now but I agree with that we should be more polite for the newbies (or how it should be writen). We should tell them that they should change some things that are fully ripped witout asking and wait for results.

Finally somebody who understood something of my report.... the ripping isn't good and I don't like it too...but....VVVV

Yeah Shirvorken used some of my sound effects, but he asked my permission though... And that's the difference.

The point is.. mixing other peoples mods and then submitting it achieves nothing in my opinion, if people want to mix mods together to get the playing experience they want in soldat that's fine... but what we're all looking for is new and original mods, not recycled old ones.

Ye ? ...and you know ALL opinions ? ...I guess you're right but speak about yourself...and HE MADE SOMETHING that's the difference... he didn't represented JUST the GRAPHIC itself but HIS SOUNDS...

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 03:05:48 pm »
No need moral pathetic speeches about dissapointing, just simple dont steal, dont be ripper, find your style, try for yourself to be better, look at tutorial guides. We dont discuss about just newbies who dont know how to good start in the modding world, but about ordinary stealers who known what they doing and thinking that they will be accepted as modder without good modding, just by shit, copying and mixed, crossed bunch of untouched files, sometimes just few edited, added and released as HIS mod. This is idiotic, worster than lame and different than newbie who dont known what can be possible, what is good and neccessary. No, we talking about noobs, who thinking: without most of work, easy mixed stuff, release ripped shit and still thinking that noob, lamer who always known better (not newbie modder! this is different person in different situation), about he doing good thing when copying, ripping, stealing. In this topic we dont talking about modder gods who cant be touched by newbies, else cursed, because their work is holy. No! We talking there about ordinary noobs, lamers, who clearly known what they doing, known they going bad but still doing into worst. I really can support or help any newbie modder without offense, he can use my gfx if neccessary, using basics of my style, copying work, but my god not following this path only by thinking that is easiest and best way to be pro and get respect and popularity of modding community!
Noob, lamer is worster, rotten, different than innocent newbie also modding virgin, he start doing awful things and still known what he doing, he thinking doing good, so... immeasurably those different types.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 03:19:32 pm »
innocent newbie also modding virgin

Lol I love that!
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 03:26:21 pm »
No need moral pathetic speeches about dissapointing, just simple dont steal, dont be ripper, find your style, try for yourself to be better, look at tutorial guides. We dont discuss about just newbies who dont know how to good start in the modding world, but about ordinary stealers who known what they doing and thinking that they will be accepted as modder without good modding, just by ****, copying and mixed, crossed bunch of untouched files, sometimes just few edited, added and released as HIS mod. This is idiotic, worster than lame and different than newbie who dont known what can be possible, what is good and neccessary. No, we talking about noobs, who thinking: without most of work, easy mixed stuff, release ripped **** and still thinking that noob, lamer who always known better (not newbie modder! this is different person in different situation), about he doing good thing when copying, ripping, stealing. In this topic we dont talking about modder gods who cant be touched by newbies, else cursed, because their work is holy. No! We talking there about ordinary noobs, lamers, who clearly known what they doing, known they going bad but still doing into worst. I really can support or help any newbie modder without offense, he can use my gfx if neccessary, using basics of my style, copying work, but my god not following this path only by thinking that is easiest and best way to be pro and get respect and popularity of modding community!
Noob, lamer is worster, rotten, different than innocent newbie also modding virgin, he start doing awful things and still known what he doing, he thinking doing good, so... immeasurably those different types.

Who the fuck are you ? ....you call yourself a MODDING GOD ? ? ? ?

And you can go away with your silly term inviting... modding noob and newbie modder is a difference ?!?!?

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 03:33:27 pm »
Think he meant FMBM/Ivan etc. those 'epic' mod guys.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 03:35:10 pm »
Think he meant FMBM/Ivan etc. those 'epic' mod guys.

I hate when somebody talks for others...why THEY don't complain so much ?

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 03:37:44 pm »
Look, if someone points out in the thread that it's stolen, and he admits it, it's fine. No harm done. If they don't admit it, no harm done as long as everyone realizes this. If you get THAT mad about someone making a mod made from a bunch of others then you are REALLY a pathetic excuse for a human being. I mean, it's not like you getting a profit for your mod. Hell, even if people like their mod better than yours, what does it mean? Logically, the only reason people should make mods is for their own use and the use of others so that'll be more fun to play. If you're really wrapped up enough in the "Soldat Forums Hierarchy" to give a **** about any other aspect, see the above "Pathetic excuse for a human being" statement. I'm gonna agree with Dairy on this one: Instead of flaming them, show them the rules/guides.

"Oh noes, he stoled my gun pictures I made for a game, he is such a ***got/noob/lamer/retard/forum nerd...Wait, I think I got that last one mixed up. I can't help but laugh at HK's above statement,
be pro and get respect and popularity of modding community!
Uhh, news flash? YOU'RE DRAWING GUNS FOR A FUGGIN' ONLINE GAME. Popularity? Respect? Whoopee, they like what your guns look like. Taking and giving advice is one thing, but if you actually give half a **** what these people think of you then you're probably an attention freak.

I can understand calling guns art. I laugh at the description, but I can understand it. But you guys really have to look at the big picture here...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 07:11:58 pm by Lord Frunkamunch »
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2007, 03:50:07 pm »
Older post because faster replies before I posted this->First at all, read with understanding.
That term modding gods doesn't really exist is just metaphora, not about me.
I dont talking for others - this is another thing.
Yes, newbie is neutral but sometimes noob have negative theme. That's all in difference: Idiot who thinking that he do good but still known what he doing and break all rules, ethic, also straight out he is demanding the recognition and the admiration, the interest, he considers himself to good at start, sometimes close to pro.
Newbie always trying to start good, want help, he known that he is imperfect and he isn't flaunting the fact that he is starting and he already states that he can be mastah, because he can see own mistakes, he knows, that need of something what will help him, somebody who will instruct him what is supposed to do better wants constructive of the criticism rather than the extorted admiration.
But yes, guides, help, tutorials than flaming, but sometimes that thing is needed in extremely obvious situations.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:56:45 pm by Henito Kisou »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2007, 04:04:15 pm »
Yes, newbie is neutral but sometimes noob have negative theme. That's all in difference: Idiot who thinking that he do good but still known what he doing and break all rules, ethic,

Rules I can understand, but ethics? Give me a break, need I'd say again you're just drawing guns? This isn't orphanage burning. 

thinking that he do good but still known what he doing and break all rules, ethic, also straight out he is demanding the recognition and the admiration, the interest, he considers himself to good at start, sometimes close to pro.

Demanding recognition and admiration? Congratulations, you actually made me laugh there.

Considers himself good at start? Close to pro? Now you're just making assumptions about what they think when they post a mod, their's or otherwise. Not everyone bases their self esteem on how much other people like a couple guns they drew in their spare time, y'know...If anyone's planning to say that spent a while on a mod; that it was more than just the occasional bit of spare time, and use that to prove I'm wrong, please realize the extreme irony of your case
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2007, 04:07:32 pm »
Older post because faster replies before I posted this->First at all, read with understanding.
That term modding gods doesn't really exist is just metaphora, not about me.
I dont talking for others - this is another thing.
Yes, newbie is neutral but sometimes noob have negative theme. That's all in difference: Idiot who thinking that he do good but still known what he doing and break all rules, ethic, also straight out he is demanding the recognition and the admiration, the interest, he considers himself to good at start, sometimes close to pro.
Newbie always trying to start good, want help, he known that he is imperfect and he isn't flaunting the fact that he is starting and he already states that he can be mastah, because he can see own mistakes, he knows, that need of something what will help him, somebody who will instruct him what is supposed to do better wants constructive of the criticism rather than the extorted admiration.
But yes, guides, help, tutorials than flaming, but sometimes that thing is needed in extremely obvious situations.

So how would you call yourself ? ...

If somebody would be nicier some guys would SEE their mistakes....as I'm not trying to other older modders... There just somebody post a FLAME and if you like the person you will just join the useless flaming and another person will do the same...and so on.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 05:37:01 pm »
If anyone's planning to say that spent a while on a mod; that it was more than just the occasional bit of spare time, and use that to prove I'm wrong, please realize the extreme irony of your case

3 Years. xD

Anyways... can we talk about Zabjablablab-his-face on some other thread? Mod-stealing in an unofficial format as in Soldat is in itself a touchy subject, as technically, with some mods like Halo, or UT, or Quake mods, you're using the intellectual property of the people at Bungie, Epic, and id, respectively. Come to think about it, the modding community is already pretty fair at nosing out copied works. I don't think anything needs to be done ATM.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 06:37:55 pm »
Agreed.

Again... all it was was suggestion and discussion, there's no need to turn the thread into world war 3 because we think differently.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 01:43:41 am »
I make mods at first for my personal enjoyment and as i'm in a crucial academic point in my life atm, i did not make my own weapons in the beginning and more or less collaborated the works of papasurf since it look good. But due to circumstances, i decided to create weapons for myself and i followed a style similar to that of papasurf's since I liked it and other people like it too. Now however, i have added my own techniques and my own style to make weapons even more beautiful but mainly, I just wanted to make a mod which I i can enjoy and hopefully you guys can as well.

I have learned well from my mistake of just ripping anothers hard work and I'm sure that anybody who makes the same mistake as me will and should learn relatively quickly.

So give the nub a chance after they hurt themselves from their first jump, and maybe a second chance, but if they do it again, get out the bat and break their legs so they can't jump again.

[Edit]: As for this 'good' list or 'preferred modders' list and the 'hall of shame', it's sorta like a source to boost your self esteem? Sorry, but that has to be the most stupid thing that i have seen on this section of the forum. If a modder has done well, and earned his place in the modding community then good for him. Newcomers will be able to see his great masterpieces and comment accordingly. For example, Dairy, he has completely earned my respect as one of the greatest modders here but i do not go around saying 'OMG DAIRY UR MY HERO" or anything like that, and I certainly would not start a topic worshipping Ivan or FMBM or Papasurf.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 02:12:05 am by Shivorken »
[/url]

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 10:26:23 am »
Castering of blame, they will be flowed into flame.
No innocence or no sin, both for us same way to win.
I see dead, blind people and they post here.
Enough?
Every explanatory, defending, trying to do something is useless. Rules are always same, when you really get this in emotional way you are blind for rest including real image of reality -normal thing of every human. I didn't discovered anything new, that thing about shame and fame is on every page, every community, every society. Just unofficial, but real or some dont believe in that, so doesnt matter if this will be official for me, this is only suggestion.
innocent newbie also modding virgin

Lol I love that!
I known, post inspired by S.S.G#24: Modding virgin...

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2007, 11:02:09 am »
[Edit]: As for this 'good' list or 'preferred modders' list and the 'hall of shame', it's sorta like a source to boost your self esteem? Sorry, but that has to be the most stupid thing that i have seen on this section of the forum. If a modder has done well, and earned his place in the modding community then good for him. Newcomers will be able to see his great masterpieces and comment accordingly. For example, Dairy, he has completely earned my respect as one of the greatest modders here but i do not go around saying 'OMG DAIRY UR MY HERO" or anything like that, and I certainly would not start a topic worshipping Ivan or FMBM or Papasurf.

Exactly. I don't think some of the people posting in his thread agree though, they sound like they want to bear his children.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2007, 12:07:49 pm »
Castering of blame, they will be flowed into flame.
No innocence or no sin, both for us same way to win.
I see dead, blind people and they post here.

Learn English before trying poetry. Even artistic license only goes so far.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2007, 02:24:24 pm »
Well Dairy is right tbh...but still the ones that take stuff from other without putting credits to them or even ask them, thats just BS, and lazy...

And a list of "Approved Modders" dosent make sense..it would just make the problems bigger. maybe a Hall of Fame would be much cooler! only for the real epic modders and art/movie/apps makers.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 03:13:23 pm »
No. Just no. "Hall of Fame" is gonna open a rift and all the nubcakes are gonna want to be in the HoF and crap like that. Who the hell's gonna judge anyways? People have different opinions of themselves and others; Dairy doesn't like SciFi guns and I don't like FMBM's style and Henito Kisou thinks he's a master shader. What are you gonna do about it?
CRYSO | HLT