Author Topic: INF-the banned subject?  (Read 9075 times)

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
Re: INF-the banned subject?
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 06:14:36 pm »
I like inf but its going to be hella hard for alpha to attack and hella easy for bravo to defend.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Coconutmilk

• Major
  • \m/>.<\m/ Rock on!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 06:34:12 pm »
I like inf but its going to be hella hard for alpha to attack and hella easy for bravo to defend.
wrong.
It can go any way in a inf scrim(unless the team you are playing is complete rubbish)
I have seen games that are done in four minutes and both tems were even.
It all depends on the commucation and skill of the team.

Offline Scare-Crow

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 08:56:07 pm »
all true, people should war at INF. Its more competitive

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 11:16:00 pm »
Of course inf is going to be harder than normal ctf but only if you're alpha and trying to get the flag. In ctf, you wouldn't have as many defenders since most, if not all players, would be on the offensive.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 10:57:46 am »
Before Inf. can really have clan wars in it.  It's going to need a lot of people making maps for it.  As of now, some inf. maps are just so uneven that it's not even funny.  What I suggest is the more popular inf. servers take submissions of new inf. test them out, and see what the player response is after a while of playing it. 

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 04:12:01 pm »
first of all, sorry for my english. :)
I've been playing Soldat for about 3 years, and first of all started playing DM and CTF, like most players did. I've been playing it for about a year, maybe more, and eventually got bored of all the same gameplay. That's when I discovered INF and got addicted to it ever since.

INF is no worse than CTF, and in my opinion, INF might be less popular for more global reasons.
Nearly any good multiplayer shooter has CTF - Quake, Unreal Tournament, Call of Duty and many-many others. CTF originated a very long time ago, while INF is not as old as CTF and never had one specific name and rules - in Unreal Tournament it was called "Assault" and had several objectives, and other games might have similar game modes (unfortunately haven't played many of them) but again, with different name and slightly different rules. So many new people in soldat first of all start playing game modes that they are familiar with, and then don't feel like trying and getting used to other game modes.
Really, I think INF is just as good as CTF, and people don't play it simply because they don't know much about it and don't want to try it.

For people that say that it's easier to play for blue/red: it varies, and varies a lot. It depends a lot on the map and even more on players. I've had games when blues owned one game map and got totally destroyed on the next one. Or when difficulty changed a lot when players left and joined while playing on the same map.

What is special about Infiltration:
1. Since each team puts MOST effort into EITHER attack OR defence, the game becomes more challenging for both teams.
2. As follows from #1, game becomes more tactical, so attacking just by rushing to blue base or defending just by camping around the flag doesn't always work.
3. Most of INF maps are not symmetrical, so the gameplay becomes more interesting and more challenging when playing on different teams.

Also, I must say there are a lot of nice players on INF servers. I mean not just skilled, but also nice people.
Well, hopefully I made sense..
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 06:42:58 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 12:21:00 pm »
wrong.
It can go any way in a inf scrim(unless the team you are playing is complete rubbish)
I have seen games that are done in four minutes and both tems were even.
It all depends on the commucation and skill of the team.

yes but the fact is in a pub teamwork is = 0 or close... everyone is doing wtf they want, thats why sometime alpha wins very quickly. If all players are coordinate though bravo would have the upper hand because....camper strikes first...
2nd the maps are so long that its hard for alpha to raid the bravo base continuesly.. so it gives bravo time to respawn and regroup.
3rd, the objective is right at the bravo base, bravo doesnt even have to do anything other than camping the chockpoints... they also have a respawn point close by so is ez for them to get reinforcements while it takes much longer for alpha to get reinforcements.

inf works for pubbers because there are a lot of people so the attacks seems to be more organized... while a 3 vs 3 its much harder to do so.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 12:26:53 pm by excruciator »

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2007, 08:04:30 pm »
I played inf today, I hadn't played it for a long time and I must say it was fun...I was in there non-stop for an hour or 2. I do think that it requires more teamwork than in a pub ctf server.

[DE] ~ ~ ~

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 10:53:35 am »
yes but the fact is in a pub teamwork is = 0 or close... everyone is doing wtf they want, thats why sometime alpha wins very quickly. If all players are coordinate though bravo would have the upper hand because....camper strikes first...
Yes, there are a lot of noobs, but like I said, there are a lot of nice players, especially on the popular servers like Graveyard INF. Most of the time there are at least 2-3 people who know what teamwork is and give other players an example of how they should play.

2nd the maps are so long that its hard for alpha to raid the bravo base continuesly.. so it gives bravo time to respawn and regroup.
Which makes alpha not just rush on blue base, but actually try to come up with some plan or tactic. I've seen players sneak in the enemy base, or throw flag down in the pits where teammate grabs it and carries it to the base.

3rd, the objective is right at the bravo base, bravo doesnt even have to do anything other than camping the chockpoints... they also have a respawn point close by so is ez for them to get reinforcements while it takes much longer for alpha to get reinforcements.
Well, look closer to the maps. In most cases blues spawn not right near flag. In inf_fortress they spawn mostly on 2nd and 3rd floor, which makes it almost impossible to catch the flagger if he already grabbed the flag and is already escaping from base. Inf_outpost - you spawn in a "cave" above the flag, same goes for inf_moonshine, except "cave" is below the flag. Inf_abel is a great example. A long way from respawn to flag is usually the reason why red team manages to escape with flag.
Getting into blue base and grabbing the flag sure is hard, but once this is done, it's much easier to escape (though again, depends on map and players a lot).
Except maybe inf_warehouse, where blues do respawn right besite the flag, and if someone on alpha manages to grab it, it's still hard to escape, especially the lower way where blues will still have time to get, unless alpha provides cover to the flagger.

inf works for pubbers because there are a lot of people so the attacks seems to be more organized... while a 3 vs 3 its much harder to do so.
True, 3vs3 is totally not for inf. 4vs4 at least. But do clans necessarily have to play 3vs3? INF is different from CTF in terms of gameplay, so the rules for clan wars can also be adapted.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 10:58:01 am by L[0ne]R »

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 12:06:40 pm »
Well, look closer to the maps. In most cases blues spawn not right near flag. In inf_fortress they spawn mostly on 2nd and 3rd floor, which makes it almost impossible to catch the flagger if he already grabbed the flag and is already escaping from base. Inf_outpost - you spawn in a "cave" above the flag, same goes for inf_moonshine, except "cave" is below the flag. Inf_abel is a great example. A long way from respawn to flag is usually the reason why red team manages to escape with flag.
Getting into blue base and grabbing the flag sure is hard, but once this is done, it's much easier to escape (though again, depends on map and players a lot).
Except maybe inf_warehouse, where blues do respawn right besite the flag, and if someone on alpha manages to grab it, it's still hard to escape, especially the lower way where blues will still have time to get, unless alpha provides cover to the flagger.

yep it depend on the map a lot, but you have to agree that its much easier for bravo to defend than for alpha to get reinforcements.
Which makes alpha not just rush on blue base, but actually try to come up with some plan or tactic. I've seen players sneak in the enemy base, or throw flag down in the pits where teammate grabs it and carries it to the base.
yeah a tactic is very much required but it is much easier for bravo to execute a battle plan, also also bravos reacts much faster. But I've seen impressive tactics and great capping by alpha, but I'm just not sure if alpha can pull those out everytime.

Offline §hinobi

• Major(1)
  • GøðžíllÃ¥
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007, 05:45:19 pm »
In all reality, it depends on the manner of killing by both teams. If one team has chosen poor weapons to go against the opposing team, they can easily get thrashed and lose their objective. Whatever that may be.

If blue camps, but misses or fails to kill, then they themselves get murdered and fail in their duty! If blue pushes out too much, they can get sidetracked and thus lose the flag that way also! Camping at the flag, also, is very risky in itself. If you do that, it gives the majority of the map to the opposing players. This gives them full time and ability to maneuver around wherever they want to be, and then rush in with full force and obliterate the campers! Very risky indeed to camp by the flag. It could be your undoing.

Now, red camping is out of the question. Tis foolish. But, even worse than that is follish rushing. You need to at least kill a person whenever you get into their base, so as to give help to your teammates behind you. For example, on Moonshine, you can go low and all the way to the left. This goes behind the blue guys, who are most likely scanning the high right route (unless they are smart enough to watch low). You can just sneak up behind them and reak havoc! If you die, you should at least have taken two guys with you, if they are camping, and then your teammates have an easy cap! Or, as I have done in the past, you just rush on through shooting and whatnot, then run on out leaving them bewildered!

Each map gives different options for Alpha to defeat Bravo. But, in the end, it depends on who can kill the most. If you can't kill, the other team will wipe the floor with you. Even when you just sneak past the opposing team, if you're red, you won't cap unless you can kill!

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2007, 07:15:05 pm »
I started Soldat with CTF, but I began playing INF not long afterwards. Some of my fondest Soldat memories come from intense public infiltration matches a few years back. I can't even count the number of matches that ended 120-119 for alpha. Such matches were always fun to play, no matter what team you were on. It's a shame that you don't see much infiltration at all anymore.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 11:57:47 am »
I think shinobi's got a point however, if we are talking about pro land, or gather land, its not going to work that well because, well if you are good enough you rarely miss..

also it would be easy if bravo just picked ruger instead of barrett...makes it miss prof.

I started Soldat with CTF, but I began playing INF not long afterwards. Some of my fondest Soldat memories come from intense public infiltration matches a few years back. I can't even count the number of matches that ended 120-119 for alpha. Such matches were always fun to play, no matter what team you were on. It's a shame that you don't see much infiltration at all anymore.

why dont you put it in #sna eh?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:00:42 pm by excruciator »

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007, 12:27:32 pm »
Don't think that I haven't tried to convince mar77a! Everybody else will have to bug him about it too.

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2007, 02:43:27 pm »
Show mar77a the post I quoted by Coconut, that's all the convincing you need. Haha
[fist] Black Powa

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2007, 04:52:48 pm »
Don't think that I haven't tried to convince mar77a! Everybody else will have to bug him about it too.

YEAH!!! LETS DO THIS!!!!!

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 11:41:26 pm »
dont let it die

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 12:00:28 am »
IMO, the problem is that CTF has newer and better planned maps while INf's got like, 5 or 6 and most of them are repetitive and boring with one side always having the advantage, if inf is to get popular, inf needs more maps made for it to spice it up, and  when i say new i mean better maps that don't just suck and actually have decent game play.
Lol, internets.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 12:57:04 am »
IMO, the problem is that CTF has newer and better planned maps while INf's got like, 5 or 6 and most of them are repetitive and boring with one side always having the advantage, if inf is to get popular, inf needs more maps made for it to spice it up, and  when i say new i mean better maps that don't just suck and actually have decent game play.

in the end, its all about popularity... I hated ash.. yet it was one of the most played maps in gathers and cws... and I got used to it because I played it often. the point is if INF gets popular enough, nobody would be even complaining about maps.

I think Inf maps should give a little more fuel to the jets..
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 12:59:04 am by excruciator »

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 07:01:43 pm »
Try a cw on inf mode. You'd see the difference from a public game.