Author Topic: Concentration Problem  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
Concentration Problem
« on: November 27, 2007, 09:53:11 pm »
I have a really bad ass concentration problem. I do well in school, in fact I have like a 3.4-3.5. But I have I can't concentrate, sometimes I miss the most important thing in class and that messes me up on tests. I can look at you while your talking with interest and blink but in my mind I will be imagining myself on the moon. Sometimes I get a 2 page assignment that takes 10 min but it changes into 1 hour for me. So how the hell do you deal with your concentration problem?

P.S.  I don't have A.D.D.

P.S.S. I'm suppose to be doing my work right now.
One Love
Yes

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
Re: Concentration Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 10:59:47 pm »
I used to be like this, but with age i grew out of it somewhat, i always daydreamed, especially when i had to read, i could read a page subconciously but i dont retain what i read, so i have to re-read it. Also i did the same thing when listening to a teacher, i would just daze off.

The only way i could control it was make myself realize im doing this and force myself to concentrate. I still have the problem when reading but not so much with a teacher.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 11:07:40 pm »
Just gotta find what works.. try playing music while doing your homework. I find I get really anxious when isolating myself unless in a school or testing enviroment. Basically some people are like this... in silence your mind wanders, get something to distract yourself to focus. Its kinda backwards but its kept me from staying up endless hours of the night thinking about random stuff.
@ii

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 11:16:44 pm »
Try doing homework in a public place (besides the library). Maybe if your school has a commons, or the YMCA or something. I just like to hear people.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 11:19:06 pm »
Its kinda backwards but its kept me from staying up endless hours of the night thinking about random stuff.

Yeah, i've always had to either have the tv or radio on when going to sleep, unless im really tired, restless mind is fucking annoying especially when you have to get up early. When i was a kid, i used to drink milk and it helped me fall asleep.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 12:06:10 am »
When i was a kid, i used to drink milk and it helped me fall asleep.
Don't do this now, I am told milk as a good amount of sugar in it... which will just damage your teeth as you sleep.
@ii

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 01:22:36 am »
Don't do this now, I am told milk as a good amount of sugar in it... which will just damage your teeth as you sleep.

Isn't Milk high in calcium? Making it strong and healthy for teeth and bones? lol

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 04:21:59 am »
I have a huge concentration problem with schoolwork at home. I just can't do it. I get distracted by things too easily. In high school it wasn't much of a concern because I had study halls, homeroom, lunch, etc., to get things finished, but it's not the same with college. However, I made sure to leave a time gap between classes next semester, so hopefully I'll utilize that time to get things done.

While on the subject, I am sitting here at 4 AM browsing the Soldat Forums instead of working on a 5 page paper due today that I haven't started. Damned concentration!

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 04:41:59 am »
when home turn on your tv so you don't feel alone. (I know this sounds pathetic)
I always listen to music before I go to sleep. Only times I haven't did this was when I was drunk and fell asleep early.

And milk isn't high in sugar, but it has fat. Also you have different fat categories...

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 04:50:54 am »

Isn't Milk high in calcium? Making it strong and healthy for teeth and bones? lol
It's good for your teeth but you're not supposed to drink it after you brushed your teeth. It has bacterias and it's bad. Water is the best thing.

On-Topic: I need isolation in order to be able to think clearly. It has to be completely quiet or a nice calm song that I like. I really suck in group stuff.

OBEY!!!

Offline The Rogue

• Major
  • hi im rogue
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 05:05:32 am »
I leave stuff to the last day and then I concetrate on finishing it before the next day.
[knife]

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 05:16:13 am »
It has bacterias and it's bad. Water is the best thing.
There's this wonderful thing called pasteurisation which has been around for centuries.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 06:06:42 am »
Yes. But it will not kill everything. Milk is not "clean". It has a expiration date that is about 7 days but that's because the bacteria concentration rises.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 06:10:18 am by blackdevil0742 »

OBEY!!!

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 11:02:57 am »
And milk isn't high in sugar, but it has fat. Also you have different fat categories...

Milk has more sugar than fat (and I'm talking about WHOLE milk).

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 11:08:50 am »
I have a really bad ass concentration problem. I do well in school, in fact I have like a 3.4-3.5. But I have I can't concentrate, sometimes I miss the most important thing in class and that messes me up on tests. I can look at you while your talking with interest and blink but in my mind I will be imagining myself on the moon. Sometimes I get a 2 page assignment that takes 10 min but it changes into 1 hour for me. So how the hell do you deal with your concentration problem?

P.S.  I don't have A.D.D.

P.S.S. I'm suppose to be doing my work right now.

I'm the same *exact* way.

On the flip side, if I'm working on something I *want* to be working on, I can sit there and work on it for 12 hours straight

I've found that eliminating (or mostly eliminating) caffeine and high-sugar foods/snacks from my diet reduces the attention issue quite a bit

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 11:59:57 am »

Milk has more sugar than fat (and I'm talking about WHOLE milk).

Do you mean the one which is still in cow ?...

Just gotta find what works.. try playing music while doing your homework. I find I get really anxious when isolating myself unless in a school or testing enviroment. Basically some people are like this... in silence your mind wanders, get something to distract yourself to focus. Its kinda backwards but its kept me from staying up endless hours of the night thinking about random stuff.

Technically that's not true, music will disconcetrate him much more. He will be listen to music and thing about the lyric or rythm,base or whatever is in the song... Basically what I'm trying to say is , that music isn't a good way for make your mind clear for studing.

Sorry, my English sux and I am not really able to explain but I hope you will got it.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 01:31:34 pm »
Your name is DAIRY...you should know what whole milk is. >_>
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 02:02:32 pm »

Again this is just through the grape vine... no links to back this up... but I hear that kids will stop needed the big amounts of calcium at a certain age... forgot what it was. Still even though it has calcium it is bad to go to sleep after drinking milk... only link I could find with a quick google search: http://www.health-mediainfo.net/Dental-Health/199043.htm

Technically that's not true, music will disconcetrate him much more. He will be listen to music and thing about the lyric or rythm,base or whatever is in the song... Basically what I'm trying to say is , that music isn't a good way for make your mind clear for studing.

Sorry, my English sux and I am not really able to explain but I hope you will got it.

Like I said its only some people. Just because I told him to try it out doesn't mean it will work for him.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:07:10 pm by † »
@ii

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 03:09:50 pm »
I have to be in a silent place to do my work efficiently, no music, no people bothering me. Nothing.

I only get distracted when I can't stand doing something. Like if I was playing a really good game, An earthquake wouldn't distract me. Then the question of what is distracting me comes to mind, is the earthquake distracting me from the game? Or is the game distracting me from the earthquake?

For me it was just the power of will for me to keep myself from slipping and getting sidetracked.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 05:32:01 pm »

My advice:

Read some book during 30 min before studying.
If you want to listen music, use low volume and no lyrics. Only instrumental and the music hasn't strong melodies.

Music can really help.

My own experience is that playing videogames, watching tv's, and browsing the net disperses my mind.