3 (12%)
No
14 (56%)
Is America even being attacked?
6 (24%)
Stop bragging,"WE HAD 9/11!"
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: The war in Iraq  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
Re: The war in Iraq
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2007, 12:26:32 pm »
I doubt you have much knowledge of the happenings in the Middle East, why America is there, etc.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2007, 12:27:46 pm »
That is one reason, another would be to stabilize the middle east, if we leave now it would collapse on itself.

The cold war was to stop the spread of communism. We won because we out economied the USSR
The Cold War was not won. It was ended in mutual agreement. And the Cold War was not an attempt to stop communism, at least not specifically. The Korean and Vietnam War were results of the tension between the world powers (including China).

EDIT:
I doubt you have much knowledge of the happenings in the Middle East, why America is there, etc.
No one knows.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2007, 12:28:15 pm »
I heard people in Iraq, terrorist etc are moving to Syria. Is this true?
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2007, 12:30:07 pm »
That is one reason, another would be to stabilize the middle east, if we leave now it would collapse on itself.

The cold war was to stop the spread of communism. We won because we out economied the USSR
The Cold War was not won. It was ended in mutual agreement. And the Cold War was not an attempt to stop communism, at least not specifically. The Korean and Vietnam War were results of the tension between the world powers (including China).

America only 'won' because Russia lost.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:31:46 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2007, 12:33:42 pm »
Vietnam was a complete waste of lives and was fought just because some idiot in office wants a government to remove its communist policies. That form of government will have no effect on us or our daily lives.

As to the war in Iraq, we've pretty much have fullfilled our reasoning for being there and shouldn't linger there for much longer.
1. Communism was a huge threat to the American lifestyle. That was the whole reason of the cold war
2. No we haven't, so no we can't leave.

The Cold War started because of Russia's goverment difference and we didn't want them to become a larger world power than us.

One reason for us being there was to find weapons of mass destruction, we didn't find any.

Although that is true, it is almost impossible to stabalize that region.  There have been many problems like as of now that have happened in that area.  We're pretty much wasting time because its hopeless.

And also because Russian didn't want to cause a nuclear war and have another world war.
Nobody did, but their economy sucked so their space program collapsed them.

It isn't impossible to stabilize them, All we need to do is set up their government so the whole thing won't go to shit when we leave.

Korean war was started because china tried to invade south korea (spread communism) and the vietnam war was to keep the communist part of vietnam from spreading.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2007, 12:34:59 pm »
To fight terrorism...they looked in Afghanistan but Osama was not there so they moved on and blamed Iraq for having weapons of mass destruction? WHA???? Then they liberated Iraq from a dictator and now they try to establish democracy...but wait where did the terrorism go? Yes there are terrorists in Iraq but they got there when USA moved there. If they establish democracy then they'll for sure be the first once to trade with Iraq and because they liberated them they'll have benefits and Iraq has loads of Oil.

OBEY!!!

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2007, 12:43:02 pm »
Korean war was started because china tried to invade south korea (spread communism) and the vietnam war was to keep the communist part of vietnam from spreading.
You mean when North Korea invaded South Korea.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2007, 12:43:59 pm »
China helped.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2007, 02:24:31 pm »
Iraq War (at least the second one) was stupid from the start.

1. There was never any WMDs
2. The USA used Saddam as a scapegoat and a way to build propaganda and support for the strike
3. They will NEVER be able to instill democracy in  the middle east, they now have to stay there, policing these idiotic suicide bombing fecktards

Honestly, as soon as they leave, what do you think is gonna happen?  More Middle eastern crazies will immediately attack the USA.  I'm not even 100% sure 9/11 was REAL.

Americans are just...  So...  Lost.
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007, 03:20:25 pm »
I'm not even 100% sure 9/11 was REAL.
Congrats... your IQ will now lower each day until you die.
@ii

Offline Kszchroink

• Soldier
  • black people
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2007, 03:59:43 pm »
hey dude of course 9/11 was staged by the SO-CALLED BUSH GOVERNMENT (BUSH IS MEMBER OF ILLUMINATI CHECK THESE RETARDED CONSPIRACY SITE LINKS FOR PROOF:)

here look at this picture, it is clear and distinctive proof that 9/11 was staged:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 04:01:20 pm by Kszchroink »
YOU! SHOOK ME ALLLL NIIIGHT LONG - Kurt Cobain
WHO TOOK MY AVATAR I'LL FIND MY AVATAR - Kurt Cobain

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2007, 04:10:15 pm »
@Ksz
I laughed at the Everybody is racist water mark.
Besides when i first saw the picture i thought it was a factory with the moon sticking out of one of the chimneys
And that has to be one of the worst photos of it EVAR.

Also: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons
Lol, internets.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2007, 04:27:36 pm »
Iraq is just a well of oil for USA.

Even, I wouldnt be too suprised if the USA would do it itself (I mean WTC accident) just to make war in Iraq for oil.

I saw some documents about it and its much more difficult than it seems to be. Bush is/was cooperating with some Iraq company etc.

And just for info. USA cant win. Its unreal. What are they fighting for ? They will never destroy terrorism. Literally USA goverment (cant spell that) is full of terrorists.

And USA trained soldiers in Iraq (or Afganistan) to fight against Russia (or whatever was it) and now they are fighting against them (USA) ...ironic

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2007, 04:34:10 pm »

Date Posted: December 24, 2007, 04:30:16 pm
Literally USA goverment (cant spell that) is full of terrorists.

And USA trained soldiers in Iraq (or Afganistan) to fight against Russia (or whatever was it) and now they are fighting against them (USA) ...ironic
Yes, they did train soldiers and they also sent money and weapons to aid them in training. Well done USA i bet the applause rose up when someone made that brilliant idea.
And the USA government isn't full of terrorists, they just made bad decisions and assumed that the taliban(it was them right) would help them destroy that threat (was it Russia?)
In any case if you want a completely Unbiased view on That Go watch bowling for columbine, Because it is ever so unbias and true [retard] Michael Moore is a big penis
Lol, internets.

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2007, 09:50:03 pm »

Even, I wouldnt be too suprised if the USA would do it itself (I mean WTC accident) just to make war in Iraq for oil.

I saw some documents about it and its much more difficult than it seems to be. Bush is/was cooperating with some Iraq company etc.

And just for info. USA cant win. Its unreal. What are they fighting for ? They will never destroy terrorism. Literally USA goverment (cant spell that) is full of terrorists.

Eventually, If you look hard enough, the only reason America is so great is because it has......
TAXES MEH.

And for the love of god, American MEANS NOTHING, you came from the eastern side, you are the eastern side americans.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2007, 02:42:57 am »

I know, why buy oil at relatively low prices when you can pay 400 billion dollars for it and not get any?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2007, 02:26:44 pm »

I know, why buy oil at relatively low prices when you can pay 400 billion dollars for it and not get any?

Unfortunately Corporations did make profit off of this war. Stop saying it like this is a nonprofitable war...

I'm not saying that this war was over oil though...

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2007, 03:42:02 pm »
China helped.

Your understanding of Korea and Vietnam... *shakes head*

Vietnam was a French colony. After WWII, most countries began giving up their colonies, but France refused to give up Vietnam. The North fought back, unified by communism, and smashed the French army, who quickly retreated because they were defeated by a loose bunch of rebels in open combat.

That's where you're supposed to laugh.

French army sucks.

Anyway, the U.S sent in advisers to train the Southern Vietnamese against the Northern Vietnamese. This started with Kennedy. This was because it was thought Vietnam wasn't worth the effort of a full-scale occupation. But the advisers weren't very effective. Finally there was something called the Gulf of Tonkin resolution. In it, the U.S. declared that since the North Vietnamese had attacked one of its vessels in the Gulf of Tonkin, it had to respond to "defend itself."

The men on the ship were rather confused by the whole thing, because the attack was completely fabricated. Yet it was used as a starting point for war. Sound familiar, by the way?

And so Vietnam escalated into a full-scale "police action," as congress never approved the move to make it a "war."

The U.S. created corrupt, ineffective, puppet governments to take over the south while they battled the north by training southern troops and introducing U.S. troops. They defeated the North Vietnamese Army in combat repeatedly. But the VC, not so easy. And here's where your beloved "we kill more than they kill us" strategy comes under fire.

That's exactly what they used to gauge victory in Vietnam. But VC kept coming in from the north, no matter how many were killed. And we killed a lot less than we thought, because the US would deliberately exaggerate the number of kills.

Most of the people killed in Vietnam were civillians, with no way of telling how many VC were killed. VC who, by the way, were considered "insurgents," as they resorted to guerilla warfare in an attempt to undermine the occupation and the government of Southern Vietnam. LBJ kept up the war because he didn't want to appear to have no balls in the face of the "Communist threat." But really, Russia and China didn't care. China, in fact hated Vietnam. It was because LBJ got the US military so involved that they began to aid Vietnam, and after the war they had no reason to maintain their relations and pretty much ended them.

Most of the aid was unnecessary because it was provided with a traditional war mindset in mind. Besides, the VC preferred the guns we had over the Ak-47s because they were lighter and we were also giving weapons to them. It was one of many genius strategies in 'Nam to give weapons to South Vietnamese and then bomb the feck out of them, or start firefights in their towns. It's one of the reasons that by the time the war ended, most of the VC were from South Vietnam, which was supposed to be supporting us.

And by the way, more Southern Vietnamese supported the Communist VC after we had occupied them than they did before the war- in fact they were opposed to them.

So if you want to talk about the threat of Communism, Vietnam is a bad example, as it was a tiny country with absolutely no ability to hit the US in any way from where it is, yet was made more dangerous because we went there.

And if you can spot all the uncanny similarities with Iraq, I'll give you a prize. I tried not to make them too obvious.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 03:44:32 pm by Svirin Kerath »
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING