Author Topic: .·´¯`·Call Of Duty 4·´¯`·.  (Read 38272 times)

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
Re: .·´¯`·Call Of Duty 4·´¯`·.
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2008, 12:59:41 pm »
Okay, tell me , what so great support you showed ? Showing me some teapots ? Anyways, I'll finish this somewhat, mainly because I'm okay with the quality I reached. Trully I don't see anything wrong with it anyway. If I don't count the unimportant color of gold. Screw that. What else ?...

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2008, 03:09:54 pm »
What?
I have told you twice, that two of the weapons that you have made don't exist in the game, and you still don't care about it.
I could get the sounds if you tell me a way to do it.

Geekier than you!

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2008, 03:20:09 pm »
Cool, this doesn't look like a cod4 anyways, the weapons look better in cod4 on the lowest texture details and 600x400 resolution.

What?
I have told you twice, that two of the weapons that you have made don't exist in the game, and you still don't care about it.

That doesn't change that it'spicture from game.

I could get the sounds if you tell me a way to do it.

For now there's no way to do it.

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2008, 03:34:07 pm »
You can't record them ingame?
The picture isn't from the game anyways. AK-47u with a nadelauncher doesn't exist neither in mp as in sp.
You both haven't probably played the game and you keep arguing with someone that's a cod4 nerd? Well, keep going, your mod will be awesome and mabye even it will have some elements from the game then.

Geekier than you!

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2008, 06:17:40 pm »
Okay, I never said I'm making it awesome, I'm just really likely with the quality of images from the game. So it's easy for me to make them as pixel weapon, with some style I learned. Don't get mad , I'm just making weapons from pictures I've got, If you have some more just show me, if you have any sounds ,just give me. That's all, It's just a mod. I've made a GL for AKs ...what's so wrong with it ? If you really mind I wont use it in the mod but as a weapon it looks nicely , doesn't it ? Maybe as a bonus weapons separatelly downloadable. And what was the second weapon ? The circular ?

I don't wanna argue with someone who played the game 265 hours. But I just wanna make this mod good because I already put some efford to it.

Okay ? Is it okay for you now ?

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2008, 02:00:40 am »
Well then decide if you're making a Call of Duty 4 mod.
It always has been okay, I just wanted to help you, but you haven't cared about anyone's opinion that didin't involve teapots.
So, there's some support for you:
GLs never are longer than barrels, barrels are always little bit further(your G36C).
P90's siliencer is too long.
The desert camo is brown, not white.
G36C's siliencer is too long.
Colt's handle is diffrent than M9's one.

Geekier than you!

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2008, 07:01:10 am »
You both haven't probably played the game and you keep arguing with someone that's a cod4 nerd?

I passed sp campaign only 3 times and I played mp only for 32 hours (I have 54 lvl).

http://www.xfire.com/profile/pafelcio/

You can't record them ingame?

With all ambient sounds?

The picture isn't from the game anyways. AK-47u with a nadelauncher doesn't exist neither in mp as in sp.

I recomend you to download and check this.

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2008, 09:25:43 am »
So are there going to be 2 call of duty 4 mods comming out? Or are you two working together?

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2008, 10:46:53 am »
PaFel: There's something called PAM mod, that's the mod which league matches/clan wars are played on, there aren't any soundtracks or background sounds, You can record the gun sounds easily(duh, you were a FFA hero, How could you know?)
That picture ain't proving a bollocks, the AK-47u doesn't even look like the one in game, it's a SMG, they don't have GLs, only assault rifles do.

Geekier than you!

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2008, 10:17:30 am »
PaFel: There's something called PAM mod, that's the mod which league matches/clan wars are played on, there aren't any soundtracks or background sounds, You can record the gun sounds easily.

I'll maybe try but I have problems with recordin' from sound card (low quality sometimes).

(duh, you were a FFA hero, How could you know?)

What?

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2008, 11:59:57 pm »
Actually, while it doesn't exist in the game to my knowlege, an AKS-74U IS an assault rifle. It shoots assault rifle caliber. It's a carbine... you know, like an M4. You don't call that an SMG, do you? And if you do, you need to review your gun knowlege. But anyway, the point is that there actually is a grenade launcher for the AKS-74U(but it's MUCH different from the one in that pic, which appears to be the GP-25, the one that attaches to the AK-47), which that gun is based off of.

PICS:

Regular AS-74U:

With grenade launcher:

CAPTION FROM WORLDGUNS.RU: "AKS-74U-UBN with the BS-1 "Tishina" 30mm suppressed grenade launcher (shown detached, along with special blank launcher cartridge and 30mm HE-DP grenade)"

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2008, 07:34:20 am »
Could anyone clarify for me what the different between a PDW and Carbine is? It seems that the definitions are the same perhaps except that the PDW has a muzzle velocity closer to SMGs while Carbine MV is more akin to ARs?
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline PapaSurf

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2008, 08:38:28 am »
A Carbine is traditionally an assault rifle with a shortened barrel and other modifications to make it more compact.  Normally though, round caliber and most of the internal systems are mostly unchanged.

For example, the aks-74u (based on the full sized ak-74) has a much shortened barrel and fore grip and folding stock and also different iron sights.

The M4 (based on the full sized M16) has a shortened barrel and fore grip and and retractable stock.

A personal defense weapon (often abbreviated PDW) is a compact semi-automatic or fully-automatic firearm similar in most respects to a submachine gun, but firing an armor-piercing round (often proprietary) which gives a PDW better range, accuracy and damage capability than a submachine gun firing pistol-caliber cartridges. The class of weapon as it exists today evolved from the submachine gun as a hybrid between an SMG and a carbine, retaining the compact size and ammunition capacity of the former while adding the ammunition power, accuracy and penetration of the latter. (FROM WIKIPEDIA)

PDW weapon designs are normally built on new firing systems, and although many PDW designs outwardly resemble existing weapon platforms, commonly the m4, internal systems are very different.
Check out my new shamelessly self promoted mod HERE

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2008, 10:15:44 am »
AKS-74U is about as long as an MP5, so people mistake it for an SMG... I guess because they think the length is a big factor when it really isn't. Also, technically the AKS-74U is based on an AKS-74.

And, as far as I know, the MP5K-PDW's internals are the same as a regular MP5 except smaller, and it shoots the same 9mm round, so I don't think that description quite fits the PDW.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 10:20:06 am by Magus86 »

Offline PapaSurf

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2008, 11:00:44 am »
The PDW in that case is really just a designation.  I would say that the MP5K's actual combat capabilities are not up to par with standard modern day PDWs like the P90 or the MP7.  In fact, because of the shorter barrel, I would say the muzzle velocity and accuracy of the K would not even be as good as the standard MP5A4.  However, with the addition of an optics sight and the vertical grip, the controllability and target acquisition speed would be superior.

I think they just call it a PDW to make it marketable.  In my opinion, it's still just a SMG with some nicer furniture and attachments.

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2008, 12:12:11 pm »
PDW musn't shoot with armor-piercing bullets. Just PDW's are designed to use bullets that have better penetration than pistol ammo but as small to be ablt to be shoot by SMG size weapons.

Btw: I think it's clarified by those few posts as much that we can stop off-top :).

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2008, 01:04:40 pm »
You all have forgotten about one thing.
You aren't making real weapons, you're making a mod styled as other game.

Geekier than you!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2008, 01:57:17 pm »

You can go write your own mod.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2008, 12:05:42 am »

No, nobody forgot anything. You said "it's an SMG, and SMGs don't have grenade launchers." You've been proven wrong. Besides, considering how we have all these weapons now with rails everywhere and the option to put your own on, I'm pretty sure I could find a way to attach an m203 or something else with rails to even a skorpion if I really wanted to.

I didn't know the P90 was considered a PDW...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 12:17:19 am by Magus86 »

Offline PapaSurf

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2008, 06:01:35 am »
The P90 concept actually superceded the PDW concept.  During development, it was supposed to be an advanced SMG, but upon release, it was called a PDW.  Just goes to show how ahead of it's time the firearm was.

On topic: Come on Dairy, I want to see some updates.  I'd hate to see this die :(