Author Topic: my first attemps at weps  (Read 11018 times)

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
my first attemps at weps
« on: March 27, 2008, 01:23:19 am »
here are my first attempts at a weapon using the pallete

tell me what u think guys

Date Posted: March 27, 2008, 12:33:11 am
for those who are interested, i have made fixed versions of the gun for use in game, just unzip the desired zip file into you soldat directory, start the game and wulla, enjoy your new LAW gfx, i have tried them out myself and its just like ive downloaded a wep skin from Selfkill, lets see what u guys think of the skin

il upload as i go starting with the image of the gun

Date Posted: March 27, 2008, 02:22:06 am
here is the skins for the Law
check out my server! click here

If at first you don't succeed, Improvise! :D

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
Re: my first attemps at weps
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 01:38:42 am »
Your shading is nice, but it is WAY to large for ingame use.
Just another soul to burn.

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 01:47:51 am »
thats why i made the zip files

the two pics above are for show only

Date Posted: March 27, 2008, 02:46:13 am
btw the zip files are the ones that contain the perfectly sized files for ingame use, if they need updating tell me

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 07:02:46 am »
Wth?... Sorry but it can't be named LAW...

Btw: TBC mean that in weapon menu in Soldat you 'weapon' would look too big.

Btw2: Quite good shading but, sorry shapes are just "don't know how to explain how bad they look like".

If you would repair the outlines then I see that shading won't be much problem for you. ;)

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 05:45:01 pm »
i named it law cuz thats the gun it replaces
so perhaps shade in the outlines?
anything need doing to the actual ingame gun?

btw ppl im fixing the ingame gun to get rid of the green spots i noticed when testing, i will attach it to this post when its done

*edit* you got until 4pm Pacific standard time to  post in your "needs doing" post before i attach the next fix
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 05:52:40 pm by frosty »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 05:52:32 pm »
No. Keep the outline, work on the shape, and more specifically, the size. The curvature of the handles also needs work.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 03:52:50 am »
what should i do to the shape?
and the curve make it more round?
and is it too big lengthwise or heightwise?

here is a wep menu display fix, if this is ok tell me and i will put it in a zip file with the correct size

Date Posted: March 27, 2008, 06:53:43 pm
this pic will not work in game as it has not been resized and renamed yet so post a reply here if its good or not good so i can work on the zip file

Date Posted: March 27, 2008, 07:29:32 pm
Here is the next fix, for those who downloaded the above zip file, plz download the below zip file, this zip file also contains the fix that eliminates the green dots around the ingame gun and the wep menu gun has a more round shoulder bit

Tested: working rating: 10/10, works 100% no bugs

Enjoy  ;D

if anything else u would like done to the gun, tell me, otherwise i will begin work on a new gun

Date Posted: March 27, 2008, 09:26:43 pm
here is the next one, a phazor knife, dont worry its meant to have a very small green blade, download it and tell me what u think, i know the pics a bit small here but i just resized it too early, anyways it has a light green blade end, im also going to make a red and blue version as well, here is the green blade version

Date Posted: March 28, 2008, 01:13:09 am
here is the blue version

Date Posted: March 28, 2008, 01:17:44 am
here is the red version

Date Posted: March 28, 2008, 01:20:35 am
heres the next weapon, a cutthroat throwing blade, remember, the picture above the zip file is for show only, if you want to use the wep download the zip NOT THE BMP

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 05:37:31 am »
Weapons are way too big and they should have curves. Ure making only circles,blocks and straight lines.

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 08:16:41 am »
Try go not make bigger weapons than 42~60x16 or 60x19 in case of Minigun (because minigun is last weapon in primaries and you have bigger area for it. Any other weapon can have x19 but below and above weapons need to be more resized/smaller to prevent overlapping.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 08:48:28 am »
I was going to look up a LAW for reference to give advice, but I noticed that the LAW used in Soldat doesn't even have handles. What type of gun is it, or did you just make your own?
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 11:16:35 pm »
i made my own... are you guys using the zip files i attached?

if you are trying to use the pictures IT WONT FREAKING WORK, USE THE FREAKING ZIP FILES I ATTACHED, THATS WHAT IT IS FOR DANGIT

Date Posted: March 29, 2008, 12:13:36 am
im sorry about my language above but it seems you guys are too damn ignorant, so heres the layout AGAIN

For those who have been using the zip files, i thank you and i advise you to look away at this point

Picture first then the link for the picture, then the link for the zip file UNDERNEATH the link for the picture, look at the end, if it doesnt have .zip at the end then it ISNT the one to try to use

if this still isnt clear then u guys have problems

and im serious about this

btw

i know the gun is too big, the ZIP file has the correct sized files, and they cannot possibly be too big, because i have resized them to the correct size AND edited them so they work

AND i have tested them and they are the perfect size

plz do not hassle me with these silly posts, if i get any more silly posts like these that ARE NOT following instructions, i will report u

Thankyou

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:23:39 am by frosty »

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 11:50:06 pm »
Don't make it so big.

Also, if anyone reports anyone, it will be me reporting you, You're taking up space by posting large letters, which i guess could be called unnecessary.
They give you advice, and you yell at them...
Lol, internets.

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 12:23:58 am »
i keep telling people to download the zip files but noone listens, sofar the majority of my zip files have have only been downloaded once or twice which tells me only one or two people are downloading them, and i am following the advice,. for example, none of my weps even go past 15 x 40, which tells me that, noone is downloading the zip files, they are trying to use the picture which i have said 100 times  IT WONT WORK, but since you ppl cant follow instructions, admins, please lock and delete this topic, itl sure as hell save me alot of stress, unless the zip files start getting used within 1 day, i am abandoning this topic altogether

as i have said, the advice is useless because noone is downloading and using the zip files, all of which say the gun is too big, how is that possible when i made them all similar size to those in the weps in the soldat directory? AND FOR THE LAST TIME I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PICTURES

Date Posted: March 29, 2008, 01:08:54 am
by similar i mean smaller but not much smaller

Date Posted: March 29, 2008, 01:16:52 am
im gonna resize the Big message, but i aint rewording, i dont care

Date Posted: March 29, 2008, 01:22:35 am
done
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:25:36 am by frosty »

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 02:01:15 am »
Im not downloadin' the ugly piece of crap untill I see what it is, ok?

Sorry that had to be said, your post's are beingin' the piss me right off. Post a picture of this "15x40" gun or people will keep sayin' make it smaller...
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 02:35:57 am »
reminds me of my first attempt at weapon skins... lol

I dont mind the shading on the law, but the shape isn't very good at all.  also, those knives you posted, i dont like them, they do suck.  if you want to make any progress here, i recomend you take a good long hard look at some other peoples work, at least then  you'll know what it really takes.  learn from their techniques, dont copy them however.  make sure that you do your OWN style.  Hope it helps. 

Player since late 2007

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 08:42:16 am »
Also, if anyone reports anyone, it will be me reporting you, You're taking up space by posting large letters

^ This would be in my sig right now if I weren't trying to keep that random gun thing going.

Frosty, people here are slightly smarter than you're giving them credit for. It's not so much them not downloading the pictures because they're too stupid to use the .zips, its the pictures themselves not being worth downloading. No offense meant, of course, but this as your first mod should be more of a learning thing which we can give advice on than a serious attempt at making something anyone will use.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 09:03:01 am »
Also your repeated spamming of your adverts for this thread is unwarranted. If the gun picture has to be 138x30 on this site to look 'good' then I sure as hell am not gonna trust that the gun would look good smaller. So show us what the gun really looks at at its real size, because I doubt you wanna be shown a horse but sold a rabbit. And you really need to work on what the guns look like -- they're just plain ugly and uninspired, not even considering the shading.

Also it's "voila," not "wulla."
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 09:08:21 am »
Also, if anyone reports anyone, it will be me reporting you, You're taking up space by posting large letters

^ This would be in my sig right now if I weren't trying to keep that random gun thing going.
Oh the hypocrisy, It's killing you isn't it :)

Also, Espadon makes a good point.
Lol, internets.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 11:26:51 am »
Upload picture which is already resized. If you mean the 138x30 pixel IT IS big.

Next time try harder.

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 07:56:28 pm »
im sorry guys, next time i will upload the actual sized images, the knives images are okay, but you can can see where i was going with them, thankyou for the advice guys

Truth is i was having a bad day and the posts that were being posted werent the best, which didnt help,

i am very sorry, hope you guys will forgive me

i will continue work on the guns when i get time

Date Posted: March 29, 2008, 08:47:06 pm
next one will be a saw type wep

Date Posted: March 29, 2008, 08:51:50 pm
can somebody plz give me a few links so i can make better progress?

the next project will be using the POA editor once my internet allowance gets reinstated

Date Posted: March 29, 2008, 08:54:00 pm
i will be reshaping the law, tell me which one you like and i will post a zip, the problem is, if i post the correct sized ones half the detail will be missing