Author Topic: Resident Evil mod project  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
Resident Evil mod project
« on: April 08, 2008, 01:15:15 pm »
My first mod attempt ever was a mod about Resident Evil. It was terrible of course, but ever since I wanted to make one. There were always some minor and some more major problems...

I'd like to start a Zombie Mod project (preferably about RE, but it's not compulsory). If enough people are interested and would start working, it could turn out great. I personally haven't found any great zombie servers, but the game mode itself is great. So, about the project...

I could work on the graphics mostly. I can also participate in planning since this is my idea, and because I like planning stuff ;)

In addition, we need:
- Someone capable of scripting. It would be nice to have good scripts suited for this mod only
- A mapmaker. We need good resident evil maps with good waypointing.
- Someone to come up with sounds.
- Hopefully someone skilled with gosteks

What do you say? I know there's a lot of projects going on, but I thought about making something different for a change.
Where life has no value, death has a price!

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
Re: Resident Evil mod project
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 02:33:55 pm »
You know what'd be a funny idea for a gostek? Make the head transparent and a hat that looks exactly like a head, then make all of the zombie bots wear hats.

Oh wait, that'd make the player decapitatable too. Worth a try though.

*edit* Wait, not if you did it on the team2 gostek only...this could work...
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 08:53:58 am »
I've already done it. Dr.Salvador has a potato bag as his head, and Crimson Heads are reddish and bloodish.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 11:38:25 am »
Sweet, shooting off hats will look great. I would help, but the only thing I can really do is graphics, which you seem to have covered. Well, good luck on the mod.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 01:06:05 pm »
Well I won't even dream on doing anything if no one will make any maps or get sounds. Seems like this project was doomed before it was just a synapse in my brain :/

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 01:08:14 pm »
Great... i really like that idea of hat heads :P

What about the weapons?

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 02:04:29 pm »
My friend is a big fan of RE ... he got all series on PC so Ive got the same idea.

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 02:53:41 pm »
I've got RE4 and REmake on GC, UC on Wii, and I'm getting 2 and 3 on pc. I plan to include atleast TMP, Submachinegun, (assault) shotgun, Striker/Shotgun SA, Grenade Launcher/Mine thrower, the sniper rifles and some najs magnums. Knife will be a crimson head's claw most propably. Pistol is Samurai Edge.