Author Topic: Flamethrower as ordinary weapon?  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Zischer

• Major(1)
Flamethrower as ordinary weapon?
« on: August 06, 2008, 07:05:17 am »
Dunno, the idea just entered my brain when i took a look on my Soldat wallpaper which shows a soldier with a flame thrower..

..of course it would have to be modified then, so that it isnt that superior, perhaps with long reloading rate or sth, and of course without any health increase during use. But I figure it to be fun  ;D.

Perhaps just as a secondary weapon - although i'd like to keep my knife there, hrhr.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
Re: Flamethrower as ordinary weapon?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 10:30:40 am »
No, not as a secondary weapon. Not even there at all except for flame-god mode.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Decaying Soldat

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:38:39 am »
Now why would we want that?

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 11:03:08 am »
An interesting idea, I think you might be the first to suggest this. While this might be fun, it would require all of the Soldat Stats programs to be rewritten as this would cause major bugs in them. It would also offset Soldat's game play a lot. People hate being chased by players flaming them and the weapon totally screws up when there is lag.
There are other worlds than these

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:19:10 am »
Been brought up many times.
Only felt like fiding one.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 07:59:48 am »
Flamer will NEVER be a default weapon. Many threads made about it. Many threads say: F11 (No).

But, I'd like to see the weapons in the weapon.ini can be modded into a proper flamer ; when you put flame bulletstyle into the default weapons in weapon.ini, they shoot invisible projectiles, and they will become fire only when they touch a poly, instead of being like the original Flamer which shoots flames directly.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 11:18:19 am »
I would like to see the flamer projectile fixed. Other than that, no, it'll never happen.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 11:40:14 am »
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=8352.0

Been mulled over. I have put up the idea for a script that will spawn the player with flame god or a flame god next to the player at respawn if this was made I would open up a 5-6 flamer DM server. However no one has stepped up to the scripting.
@ii

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 04:05:10 am »
I have put up the idea for a script that will spawn the player with flame god or a flame god next to the player at respawn if this was made I would open up a 5-6 flamer DM server. However no one has stepped up to the scripting.
Until now. Just for you, I've gone ahead and made a script that forces every player to hold a flamer. :D

Enjoy.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Mindless

• Major(1)
  • 0wn3d
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 09:42:51 am »
I say "Nay". Even if you do descrease the damage, and take away the healing thing, I wouldn't like the health decrease part. It will make noobs go mad D: And take away some of the challenges of aiming in the game.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 12:04:00 pm »
I have put up the idea for a script that will spawn the player with flame god or a flame god next to the player at respawn if this was made I would open up a 5-6 flamer DM server. However no one has stepped up to the scripting.
Until now. Just for you, I've gone ahead and made a script that forces every player to hold a flamer. :D

Enjoy.
You could put it in Script Releases, I think it would be fun in a server for a while though.

I say "Nay". Even if you do descrease the damage, and take away the healing thing, I wouldn't like the health decrease part. It will make noobs go mad D: And take away some of the challenges of aiming in the game.
Yes, I think it would really decrease the point of learning to aim in Soldat.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 02:51:08 pm »

Enjoy.
Give me a tip on how to set this up so I can test it?
@ii

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 03:35:47 pm »
Well I'd like it as an orginary weapon. Though how overpowered it is depends on how bad the hit detection is; which in the case of the flamethrower, normally quite terrible. Sometimes I just jump over the Flame God box because my primary is just as affective, same with the Cluster grenades.

I think you might be the first to suggest this.

You're serious?

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 05:43:19 am »

Enjoy.
Give me a tip on how to set this up so I can test it?
Download the latest Soldat Dedicated Server, chuck the attached script into the scripts folder, and fire her up... after tweaking everything in the soldat.ini file first.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Zischer

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 05:22:54 am »

Enjoy.

OMZ, just saw this!!

Thanks, I will try it out!!!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 06:04:08 am »
Glad you found what you were looking for, mate. However, please refrain from necroposting unless it's something contributing to the thread.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 08:52:35 pm »

Enjoy.

OMZ, just saw this!!

Thanks, I will try it out!!!
I'm not sure if it will still work on the 2.6.4 server, especially with the ForceWeapon bug. You might have to wait one version.

Offline poodleinacan

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 01:14:54 pm »
if flamme goes in soldat it could like a chalumeau .....(the flamy thing used in sudering)
and it wouln'd do huge flames.
After 3 years, I'm back on the forums!

Offline Zischer

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 03:28:45 am »
I'm not sure if it will still work on the 2.6.4 server, especially with the ForceWeapon bug. You might have to wait one version.

Ye, I also have no free server atm to try it out :D.. but the concept is nice overall.

Offline HeavyMetal.Penguin91

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 12:45:58 am »
NO! it's a bonus weapon because its more powerful than the default weapons. Plus multiple people with flamethrowers, especially online would laaaaaaaaag soooooooo muuuuuuuuuch
(">