Author Topic: Soldat 1.5.0 Beta 2 (Version C)  (Read 69809 times)

Offline motivationbot

• Major(1)
Re: Soldat 1.5.0 Beta 2 (Version C)
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2009, 09:40:34 am »
so maybe enesce could make bullet clips which be able to turn on/off for a server like /realistic 1
soldat r/s ----- own

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2009, 03:13:54 pm »
so maybe enesce could make bullet clips which be able to turn on/off for a server like /realistic 1
Go here--> http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=7292.0
And look at the bottom of "Do Not Suggest list".
As you can see, limited ammo has been suggested. And it will be added at some point if it's deemed necessary.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2009, 03:59:59 pm »
(Y) You tell em L[0ne]R. (man ur name is so annoyingly to spell correctly!!!)
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Maniatiko

• Major
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2009, 04:50:59 pm »
almost 2 years now, will it ever be realeased?
(:

ManiatikO

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2009, 04:57:30 pm »
Of course not. This is just a Conspiracy.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2009, 01:44:31 pm »
(Y) You tell em L[0ne]R. (man ur name is so annoyingly to spell correctly!!!)
Just call me Loner ;P
And it's an older nickname. The current one is in my sig, and is even fansier :D

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2009, 04:14:47 pm »
Ye, everyone knows this is just a conspiracy...the truth will never be revealed over when Soldat 1.5 will be realised or will it?
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Maniatiko

• Major
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2009, 02:26:38 pm »
soldat is dead

GOGOGO www.combatarms.com

no realease date, MM not even working on it, letting enesce and flieslikeabrick do it, who dont even do it, its just a joke

i know ill get a report for putting the link of combatarms, but whatever, face reality, soldat is now piece of time, new things have come, and soldat never could accomplish a calendar with real dates to do releases.
(:

ManiatikO

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2009, 02:55:35 pm »
soldat is dead

no realease date, MM not even working on it, letting enesce and flieslikeabrick do it, who dont even do it, its just a joke

Your link is a joke. Have some patience, 1.5 will be released soon. 8)

Offline HEX

• Major
  • =tNt=
    • SoldatX Brazilian Community
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2009, 10:41:17 am »
I wonder how would be if those Greenpeace's volunteers give up of their task in the middle of the protests. Even if it's voluntarism, some responsability is needed.

Is Soldat being programmed by a volunteer?

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2009, 06:07:35 pm »
soldat is dead

As long as they promise me to give a bugfix within 1 month for bugs like nuubia-bounceheaven.. Waiting for this long and playing that map and #$@#$#@'ing at that point over and over again was not necessary at all.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2009, 11:45:02 pm »
I like the bounce cos if gives a an awesome getaway it u have the flag...

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2009, 12:57:27 am »
I wonder how would be if those Greenpeace's volunteers give up of their task in the middle of the protests. Even if it's voluntarism, some responsability is needed.

Is Soldat being programmed by a volunteer?
That's a different thing, though. That's a team of motivated people doing what they think is the correct thing to do, e.g. stopping whaling.

I doubt Soldat 1.5 would save whales, now...
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2009, 01:10:17 am »
MM is tied with other projects, you would know if you checked his blog: mm.soldat.pl. Anyways it's a tradition of making the release date mysterious. All games that are free are programmed by volunteers, how the hell do you think they make any money. The small cost of registration doesn't or barely would pay just for hosting and obviously does not pay for the countless hours of dedication. And anyways you can tell quite a lot has been going into the project, just look at server scripting and its evolution throughout the last few months. Either way, I know the release of 1.5 will be bomb.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2009, 05:42:01 am »
soldat is dead

We have heard the "will be released soon" for few too many times.

I will make new prediction; news about the new version on April, new version available after August.

I bet no one has even opened the source files even once this year, let alone considered releasing the new version.

MM is tied with other projects, you would know if you checked his blog: mm.soldat.pl. Anyways it's a tradition of making the release date mysterious. All games that are free are programmed by volunteers, how the hell do you think they make any money. The small cost of registration doesn't or barely would pay just for hosting and obviously does not pay for the countless hours of dedication. And anyways you can tell quite a lot has been going into the project, just look at server scripting and its evolution throughout the last few months. Either way, I know the release of 1.5 will be bomb.

It is not about "I want 1.5 now!". It is about the fact that despite the promises, nothing has been done when there is real need for a new version.

I know NSC hates this, and thats is partly the reason I am stating this once again; MM told that there will be 1.4.3 soon after the 1.4.2 was released. 1.4.3 was meant to be bugfix and mapfix release. Maps were fixed within 48 hours after the 1.4.2 was released so there was no reason to postpone the 1.4.3. However, there was no 1.4.3 coming, as we know today. The same map bugs still exist after almost 18 months. Nothing has been done. Just plain promises "It will be here soon".

There was no reason to postpone the 1.4.3 release really. Why couldn't it be just a small release to fix the maps? Putting up such a release would surely be easier task than to start working on new features etc. Besides, it would have quit the whining about buggy maps. But no.

This has happened so many times before. 1.3.2 was postponed and later released as 1.4. Same thing, no bugfixes or anything as 1.3.2, new features all way long.

All I care for is frequent releases. They have major advantages over the current "when I feel like releasing it" model. First, they break all the hacks. Second, major problems like map bugs or other annoyances get fixed soon. Third, they show that the project is still alive, keeps people playing as there are something to wait for.

I see no reason which would justify using the current model over the frequent releases model. Only practical reason is that there is no constant development going on.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 06:01:04 am by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2009, 05:53:49 am »
I will make new prediction; news about the new version on April

April the 1st?
;D

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2009, 05:56:36 am »
I will make new prediction; news about the new version on April

April the 1st?
;D

That makes perfect sense actually. Not surprising at all.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2009, 06:52:11 am »
No wai! It will be released in Early September...actually no. Soldat 1.5 is just a conspiracy theory...

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2009, 06:57:26 am »
It is about the fact that despite the promises, nothing has been done when there is real need for a new version.

Something has been done. We have public beta, so we can see that developers don't do nothing.
But except for this, I agree: small and frequent mapfix releases and not promising things that won't happen would be nice.

Btw, that was a huge edit!

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2009, 09:38:22 am »
Due to the massive amounts of trolling and useless comments, it would be best if this topic is locked.

And so it was. For further discussion regarding the beta, use the beta forum.