Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 269521 times)

DarkCrusade

Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #1360 on: September 26, 2010, 09:18:42 am »
Write a mail to Microsoft suggesting this feature and hope it gets implemented to the next windows.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #1361 on: September 26, 2010, 09:52:08 am »
Write a mail to Microsoft suggesting this feature and hope it gets implemented to the next windows.
Maybe you'll even get to be in a commercial!
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #1362 on: September 26, 2010, 12:01:29 pm »
O_o
Its being transfered like a Newtons cradle, resulting in the second object to posses more potential to move and deform.

How could the second have more than the first, when all the energy in the system is initially in the first car.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #1363 on: September 26, 2010, 02:02:56 pm »
Yes, INITIALLY. Once impact has occurred, the bulk of the energy is transferred to the second object. Its not a complicated concept =/
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Memxio

• Major
  • Rugertard
« Reply #1364 on: September 26, 2010, 02:47:16 pm »
Yes, INITIALLY. Once impact has occurred, the bulk of the energy is transferred to the second object. Its not a complicated concept =/
You misunderstood Smegma's statement, just as he misunderstood yours (I think...). Also, the cars would behave like Newton's Cradle only if they possess the same mass (and were swinging from a fixed structure).

If 2 identical cars would have a face to face hit, one going at 100mph/kmph (don t mind the speed) and the other standing still, which car will have the most damage?
It depends upon your definition of damage, the make/model of the cars, materials involved, etc. I'm assuming your question was supposed to be along the lines of conservation of energy and momentum. As far as energy transfer, the stationary car would possess slightly less energy after the collision due to loss as heat and sound. Momentum is always conserved; after the collision, the system posses the same momentum as it did before the collision. The cars, on the other hand, will have different momentum based on mass and velocity.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 03:05:18 pm by Memxio »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #1365 on: September 26, 2010, 03:44:01 pm »
You misunderstood Smegma's statement, just as he misunderstood yours (I think...). Also, the cars would behave like Newton's Cradle only if they possess the same mass (and were swinging from a fixed structure).

If 2 identical cars would have a face to face hit, one going at 100mph/kmph (don t mind the speed) and the other standing still, which car will have the most damage?
It depends upon your definition of damage, the make/model of the cars, materials involved, etc. I'm assuming your question was supposed to be along the lines of conservation of energy and momentum. As far as energy transfer, the stationary car would possess slightly less energy after the collision due to loss as heat and sound. Momentum is always conserved; after the collision, the system posses the same momentum as it did before the collision. The cars, on the other hand, will have different momentum based on mass and velocity.

OK, so for the sake of closure, will somebody finally butter our toast and tell us which car would be damaged worse after impact?
b&

Offline Snake

• Soldier
  • Chu Canadien Criss!
« Reply #1366 on: September 26, 2010, 08:29:31 pm »

OK, so for the sake of closure, will somebody finally butter our toast and tell us which car would be damaged worse after impact?

I request Mythbusters perhaps?

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #1367 on: September 26, 2010, 09:05:28 pm »

But the amount of damage is not determined by how much energy is in an object or if it increases does it mean it will incur more damage.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #1368 on: September 27, 2010, 12:17:08 pm »
But the amount of damage is not determined by how much energy is in an object or if it increases does it mean it will incur more damage.

Car X is hit by car Y, car X is stationary, car Y in motion.
When car Y touches car X both cars experience a contact force of the same magnitude (equal and opposite reaction) which would cause the same amount of damage (since both cars are identical)

It is also not necessarily true.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #1369 on: September 27, 2010, 02:27:29 pm »
I agree with 4 year old.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #1370 on: September 27, 2010, 04:29:03 pm »
yes i agree with 4 year old as well also can anyone tell me how to feel better im sick as a dog

i think my dog made me sick but my dog isnt sick i dont think so anyways

the dog sleeps on my bed but ive never gotten ill around the dog before but in the past two months ive been sick three times

also my uncle had leukemia

DIAGNOSE ME PLEEEESE

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #1371 on: September 28, 2010, 11:17:50 am »
yes i agree with 4 year old as well also can anyone tell me how to feel better im sick as a dog

i think my dog made me sick but my dog isnt sick i dont think so anyways

the dog sleeps on my bed but ive never gotten ill around the dog before but in the past two months ive been sick three times

also my uncle had leukemia

DIAGNOSE ME PLEEEESE

Didn't give us much to work with, BUT, I assume you might've caught something from the dog despite it not showing any signs of illness; Kind of like the swine flu, were the swine carries the disease, but doesn't suffer from the symptoms, however, once the disease is somehow moved to a human body, it sooner or later starts showing symptoms of the swine flu.

If it ain't that, you probably caught something from the air.

You should probably get checked out by a doctor, I don't know anyone on the SF that studies/studied medicine, so you shouldn't rely on the general public for medical advise.
b&

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1372 on: September 28, 2010, 12:39:16 pm »
My wrists are really, really thin. How can I make them thicker? Always having to move my watch back to its right position despite its band being on the tightest setting is getting annoying.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #1373 on: September 28, 2010, 01:56:48 pm »
My wrists are really, really thin. How can I make them thicker? Always having to move my watch back to its right position despite its band being on the tightest setting is getting annoying.
I have the same problem. Though I dont ware a watch.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #1374 on: September 28, 2010, 02:27:26 pm »

Stop wearing a watch, pointless nowadays.

Plus, I have thin wrists too. Just deal with it.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #1375 on: September 28, 2010, 03:09:45 pm »
I have the same problem. Though I dont ware a watch.
That makes the three of us.. No clue how to make wrists thicker (excercise and build up some muscles maybe?). I didn't do anything about my wrists, I just happened to find a watch with a tight enough strap.

Anyway, I've got a question:
Do such things as arm and leg weights exist? (Basically extra weight that you can attach to your arms/legs and wear it) If they do - what are they normally called, and how difficult would it be to find them in stores?

(Yep, this is where this question came from [retard] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06wLqMNn3co )
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:12:11 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #1376 on: September 28, 2010, 03:33:14 pm »
I've seen many weights for arms and legs. Basically it's just a fabric bag filled with some loose material. It can be bought in any store with work-out utensils. (Dunno how to call it.)
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #1377 on: September 29, 2010, 12:42:03 pm »
Is it worth it to try and get my hands on Cowboy Bebop? I like the 1st episode.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1378 on: September 29, 2010, 01:08:58 pm »

If you want to waste your time watching lesser shitty anime, then by all means.
There are other worlds than these

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #1379 on: September 29, 2010, 03:12:08 pm »
well, here's what I liked about Cowboy Bebop:
- Really nice animation and drawings.
- Somewhat interesting and well-developed characters.
- Convincing world and atmosphere.
- Despite that most episodes are unrelated to the main storyline, they're still fun to watch.
- Mad Pierrot ftw

here's what I didn't like:
- Very little story development. Most episodes are just fillers and have no relation to the little story this series has (but like I mentioned, they're still decent).
- The little pieces of the main storyline are unclear and not very original. Ending is disappointing as well.

There is an OVA as well, that takes place somewhere between the last few episodes, but I haven't watched it. But after seeing the ending of the series, personally I'm not that interested in the main story anymore.

Still, it's a good anime, worth watching.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:23:12 pm by L[0ne]R »