Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 270431 times)

Offline Snake

• Soldier
  • Chu Canadien Criss!
Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #1120 on: February 25, 2010, 06:57:25 am »
I am looking for something that I would plug in a wall outlet and that it would give me a specific voltage that I could change with simply turning a nob, but like something that has wires that I could attach to a little electric motor for example and then simply detach the wire and change to an LED or an other motor perhaps, but yeah how the hell would that be named?
Uh, I'm not sure if I understood you right, but I think what you need is simply a "power adapter".
In stores there should be models that have switches that change polarity and voltage, as well as different types of plugs.

Well I just want like a kind of a charger but with like a regulator that I could change the power from 0.5V to 20V (example) with some alligator clips

What kind of motor are you trying to run?

Well just like any kind of electric motor...from like a drill to a mini helicopter... thats the reason I'd like to be able to change the output so that not to burn it

AC or DC?

Umm DC....I think

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #1121 on: February 25, 2010, 10:36:06 am »
Umm DC....I think

Do you have any information on the motor that I could look up? How did you power it before you wanted to do this?

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #1122 on: February 25, 2010, 10:58:56 am »
playing video games takes more skill than playing piano

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1123 on: February 25, 2010, 12:55:30 pm »
playing video games takes more skill than playing piano

I don´t think so. Not at all.

I guess I will stick with a new guitar
and Echo, please don´t blame me, SIR!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #1124 on: February 25, 2010, 02:03:52 pm »
Why would I blame you for doing what I told you to do?
I fucking miss all you cunts!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1125 on: February 26, 2010, 02:53:51 am »
Because I try to get the money for it right now :P

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #1126 on: February 26, 2010, 06:12:06 am »
When sorting a series of rows in Excel 2007, how do I maintain cell references as the cells move around?

I have:
A1:3000 A2:2000 A3:1000
B1 B2 B3

B1 refers to A1 to return 3000. I sort row A to get:

A1:1000 A2:2000 A3:3000
B1 B2 B3

Now B1 returns 1000, but I want it to continue to return 3000. To "follow" the sort, in other words.

Is it possible to refer to headers, then use those since I'm sorting the headers with the data?

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Snack

• Soldier
  • Ehm ;_;
« Reply #1127 on: February 26, 2010, 10:45:52 am »
I am looking for something that I would plug in a wall outlet and that it would give me a specific voltage that I could change with simply turning a nob, but like something that has wires that I could attach to a little electric motor for example and then simply detach the wire and change to an LED or an other motor perhaps, but yeah how the hell would that be named?
Uh, I'm not sure if I understood you right, but I think what you need is simply a "power adapter".
In stores there should be models that have switches that change polarity and voltage, as well as different types of plugs.

Well I just want like a kind of a charger but with like a regulator that I could change the power from 0.5V to 20V (example) with some alligator clips

What kind of motor are you trying to run?

Well just like any kind of electric motor...from like a drill to a mini helicopter... thats the reason I'd like to be able to change the output so that not to burn it

AC or DC?

Umm DC....I think
If you want to test different DC appliances with various amps & voltages you should get a "DC Power Supply".
If used correctly you can test any electrical equipment up to 48V without blowing them up.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #1128 on: February 27, 2010, 02:54:59 pm »
Regarding soldat servers. Is it possible to change your ip to words? Can someone explain what this is? Confused...Maybe pm me if its complicated.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #1129 on: February 27, 2010, 03:21:25 pm »
Its so complicated it will melt your brains.

www.dyndns.com
There should be everything.
Afaik, it is easy, as dominikkk managed it.
If you do not who is that, browse the server and script related subforums.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1130 on: February 27, 2010, 06:22:51 pm »
Regarding soldat servers. Is it possible to change your ip to words? Can someone explain what this is? Confused...Maybe pm me if its complicated.

You need to get a domain name, and get DNS to point it towards your IP address.

Using DyDNS should be easy enough for both, if you don't mind a domain like sexysoldatserver.dyndns.com

Its so complicated it will melt your brains.
:P
There are other worlds than these

Offline ScHaLL

• Major(1)
« Reply #1131 on: February 28, 2010, 02:36:12 pm »
What's some laptops with usually the best price/quality ratio? I'm thinkint about getting a laptop or notebook or whatever the hell, I just don't wanna spend too much money since it's mostly going to be a second machine additional to my desktop.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #1132 on: February 28, 2010, 11:59:55 pm »
I have vista home premium installed (32 bit).
I want to upgrade to windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

I cant go from v home premium to 7 ultimate with win 7 install disc.

Therefore I got a vista ultimate disk to upgrade to v ultimate then win 7.

The vista ultimate disk will not let me to an upgrade, only a clean install, which is what I want to get around. Solutions, or just do the clean install?
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1133 on: March 01, 2010, 01:25:59 am »
In order to go from 32bit to 64bit, you can only do a clean install.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #1134 on: March 01, 2010, 02:08:36 pm »
would powerwashing the inside and outside of a Weber charcoal grill ruin it in any way? i dont want to destroy the finish or anything that could effect its longevity.

its looking pretty rough after a year or so of neglect :(
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #1135 on: March 01, 2010, 03:19:35 pm »
After a year or so yeah I would say rust has gotten to it and the metal is weaker than it should be. Some strong chemicals and elbow grease should do you though.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:21:58 pm by Graham »
@ii

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1136 on: March 01, 2010, 03:42:44 pm »

I sometimes ask myself what Microsoft is on when doing stuff like that. In order to change the language of my laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit) from Dutch to German (accidently installed it like that) I needed to use my recovery CD and install Vista again (no cleaning, though). There are language packages, but only for people who own Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit version and that is retarded.

Can people be that dumb?

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1137 on: March 01, 2010, 07:36:54 pm »

I sometimes ask myself what Microsoft is on when doing stuff like that. In order to change the language of my laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit) from Dutch to German (accidently installed it like that) I needed to use my recovery CD and install Vista again (no cleaning, though). There are language packages, but only for people who own Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit version and that is retarded.

Can people be that dumb?

Actually the reason why Windows is so inflexible when it comes to changing settings is that it isn't entirely built upon packages which can be installed/removed/reconfigged with ease (as are linux/bsd/solaris/mac/etc), and it still follows the design and theory as the very early versions of Windows (despite all the times they changed paths around), as MS is too lazy (or has decided to not) do a full rewrite using modern techniques.

So yeah, they're trying to maintain s**tty, ancient code, and as such the only way to make major changes is to reinstall completely.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:45:40 pm by jrgp »

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #1138 on: March 02, 2010, 06:54:15 am »

Can people be that dumb?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721887%28WS.10%29.aspx

and going from 32 bit to 64 is something a bit more radical ._.

you can rent a .info domain name for under a dollar a year

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #1139 on: March 02, 2010, 09:45:07 pm »
I've got a few racing games I want to play but steering with keyboard is not as easy and fun as it is with an actual steering wheel.. which I don't have.

So does anybody know of any steering wheel emulators that you could simply control with a mouse?