Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 272918 times)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #1620 on: December 04, 2012, 04:21:22 pm »
Can someone please tell me specifically what movie this is from? I'm sure it's one of the matrix sequels but I don't know which.

here

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1621 on: December 04, 2012, 09:19:21 pm »
Can someone please tell me specifically what movie this is from? I'm sure it's one of the matrix sequels but I don't know which.

here
haha that's some funny shit. thanks.
There are other worlds than these

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1622 on: September 07, 2013, 05:30:11 am »
I'll try to reactivate this thread and ask a question that I hope is not too difficult to discuss for this thread. I recently got into writing texts, mostly poetry and lyrics, and while many people tell me it's great stuff, I am uncertain, because I am just a newbie to these things and pretty inexperienced. I wanted to ask if anyone who has experience with poetry could read over my texts and give me some feedback on things that I can improve on.

My poetry

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #1623 on: September 08, 2013, 04:08:36 pm »
I'd guess I'm not the only one here who spends a lot of time sitting infront of a pc day in day out. How do you all deal with any muscle pains, like in the neck and shoulder? Anything specific or just taking breaks and stretches?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1624 on: September 08, 2013, 05:33:38 pm »
You should be taking breaks once in a while. The general advice is to have a break every hour, but that's an exaggeration. There's nothing better than having a break every 2 to 3 hours in my opinion. Go out and take a walk maybe, or do housework.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #1625 on: September 08, 2013, 06:12:06 pm »
Having a chair and a desk that fits me helps.
A big mousepad that can cover the edge of the desk helps me keep my hand at rest.
I don't have any armrests on my chair so that it can go well under the desk, works for me atleast.
I try to sleep in a way that relaxes my shoulders.
You probbably have a more stressed everyday life that me...
That's all I can think of.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #1626 on: September 26, 2013, 11:53:15 pm »
I sit in a stool at a kitchen counter. I guess I have good posture though or something, and have been pretty much sitting on hard things for the last year.

Doesn't help at all though.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #1627 on: September 27, 2013, 03:43:56 am »
I'm using a standing desk. (Not now because I've moved back to Poland and I haven't got time to get my head around it.) It is amazing.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1628 on: January 16, 2014, 06:52:02 am »
My desktop PC's graphic card is dead so I decided it is time to tweak it a little by buying new hardware, but I have little knowledge of what has tremendous impact on my experience as a user and what's negligible. Could someone spare a minute or two and help me out?

My desktop's specifications are as follows:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (64bit)
Graphics: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
RAM: 2GB

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am looking for a cheap solution which still has enough power to have a comfortable gaming time (even Soldat lags like this..); the games I play in my spare free time are nowhere near HD, so it does not have to be the newest stuff. Amongst these games are League of Legends and Guild Wars.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 07:01:50 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline Fawkzy

• Major(1)
  • :^)
« Reply #1629 on: January 16, 2014, 10:32:09 am »
Well, to be really honest in this case, your current build is not something you could play games like these smoothly. I'll try to recommend some thingies for ye.

Your current processor and motherboard are going to be a tight bottleneck. In times like these you should consider migrating to Intel.

Intel Core i3 4330 - Decent middle-class processor with relatively low power needs.

Asus B85-Plus - This motherboard will suit your needs well. It has a good feature/price balance.

Crucial DDR3 2x4GB 1600 MHz - Because more than 4 gigs of ram is always useful when you have lots of open applications.

Sapphire Radeon R7 250 - A GPU that fits your budget.

This should cost you less than 400 € and should be enough for anything.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:33:45 am by Fawkzy »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1630 on: January 16, 2014, 01:00:06 pm »
Can we cut down to... half of that? I have a better salary now that I'm done with my apprenticeship, but nevertheless, I like not being hungry. :P

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #1631 on: January 16, 2014, 02:02:59 pm »
Cheapest solution is to dig into these games you like and find the most adequate configuration settings and perhaps sacrifice some visual candy for better performance. Sadly my help with that is limited to Unreal, Havok and Darkplaces engines, although most of the games with a config file for client settings can be cracked ugly.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1632 on: January 16, 2014, 10:29:30 pm »
My desktop PC's graphic card is dead so I decided it is time to tweak it a little by buying new hardware, but I have little knowledge of what has tremendous impact on my experience as a user and what's negligible. Could someone spare a minute or two and help me out?

My desktop's specifications are as follows:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (64bit)
Graphics: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
RAM: 2GB

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am looking for a cheap solution which still has enough power to have a comfortable gaming time (even Soldat lags like this..); the games I play in my spare free time are nowhere near HD, so it does not have to be the newest stuff. Amongst these games are League of Legends and Guild Wars.

Wow, that's the CPU I bought new in 2006 for my first PC build.

You can see what expansion slots your current desktop has. if it has a pci-express x16 port, you might be able to use a decent pci-express 2.0 card which afaik is backwards compatible. and possibly also upgrade your ram.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #1633 on: January 19, 2014, 01:21:25 pm »
Seen a few people in the post your desktop thread using dual screens. What program can you guys recommend to use to manage mulitple monitors? Atm I'm just using windows to stretch my desktop across both screens. It's cool but not accessable when running full screen applications. I'd rather have 2 seperate screens that I can swap between rather than 1 so I don't have to alt tab to access the other one.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1634 on: January 19, 2014, 05:45:44 pm »
Seen a few people in the post your desktop thread using dual screens. What program can you guys recommend to use to manage mulitple monitors? Atm I'm just using windows to stretch my desktop across both screens. It's cool but not accessable when running full screen applications. I'd rather have 2 seperate screens that I can swap between rather than 1 so I don't have to alt tab to access the other one.

I just use what comes with Windows, Mac, and Linux by default. Both times full screen usually makes the program full screen on that specific monitor. I think you might be doing something wrong.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #1635 on: January 19, 2014, 08:03:57 pm »

I just use what comes with Windows, Mac, and Linux by default. Both times full screen usually makes the program full screen on that specific monitor. I think you might be doing something wrong.
No. There are no options on Windows 7 for anything except the position of the second screen in relation to the 1st one. Theres no way of locking the mouse to one screen, unlocking it and switching to the other.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1636 on: January 19, 2014, 08:06:07 pm »

No. There are no options on Windows 7 for anything except the position of the second screen in relation to the 1st one. Theres no way of locking the mouse to one screen, unlocking it and switching to the other.

Why would you want that? Isn't dragging windows between monitors and maximizing them to that specific functionality enough? I imagine there are third party tools for that purpose, and on linux that's a mode X11 supports that no one ever uses.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #1637 on: January 20, 2014, 07:58:30 pm »

Why would you want that? Isn't dragging windows between monitors and maximizing them to that specific functionality enough? I imagine there are third party tools for that purpose, and on linux that's a mode X11 supports that no one ever uses.
I want it because I want to be able to have my games fullscreen on my 23" screen then have whatever chat programs or firefox or whatever open on the 15" screen and to be able to use both without the full screen game having to be alt tabbed. I cannot play BF4 and click on the 2nd screen without BF4 minimizing. Same for every other game. Thats the specific reason.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1638 on: January 20, 2014, 08:24:13 pm »

I want it because I want to be able to have my games fullscreen on my 23" screen then have whatever chat programs or firefox or whatever open on the 15" screen and to be able to use both without the full screen game having to be alt tabbed. I cannot play BF4 and click on the 2nd screen without BF4 minimizing. Same for every other game. Thats the specific reason.

Try playing the game windowed mode.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #1639 on: March 02, 2014, 10:50:43 pm »
so here I post my quick questions??if I made mistake just let me know and delete this...

dominikkk26

Re: Sound on command?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 02:56:05 pm »
There is a command, but it does not work.

can it be fixed ??? I would like something that will let everyone on server hear the sound of created skills. Further more, I would like extra sounds on command. Can anyone make something like that for me and anyone? Mega Big Pleassseeeeee!!!  ;D :D ;D

another request! can someone tell me if I can fix this problem...page [1] reply #10 from this thread: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=43292.0
by using create bullet command? can I make a script that will let me create bullet 2 meters away from me, in direction I would be facing at that moment?
because as you see on the lower picture the bullet starts from behind my guy ;/ I don't want that. Well I am posting it here, because I would like to receive reply/help, no one is responding on this thread I gave link to... :(  :'( :(

also I would like to know how to make my nades invisible, I was trying to mod wep+gtf and make it all green(255) but nothing happens, its still there... can you tell me how to do it, step by step? maybe I missed something.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:27:03 am by Drax »