Author Topic: Weapon modernisation?  (Read 1295 times)

Offline White Negro

• Major(1)
  • Assault maniac
    • http://www.saskoto.hit.bg
Weapon modernisation?
« on: September 26, 2008, 06:21:54 am »
I know, that there are a lot of modifications, but can somehow the standart game weapons be modernised?

For example, to replace the Colt and the M79 with something else or at least something newer.

If Mr. Marcinkowski doesn't feel like redrawing, he can make a competition. There are a lot of skilled drawers.
Name in game - Sashakiss
Good with: AK 74
Not good with: Spas 12, MP5

Offline BlisterEye

• Major(1)
  • Better than you.
Re: Weapon modernisation?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 06:29:02 am »
As much as I support change, this will just screw up the current Soldat charm. So, speaking for a massive amount of people, my answer is that Soldat is fine how it is now.
Kalashnikov + Knife.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 09:07:30 am »
Yes, exactly as you said... soldat maybe needs modernisation but MM should start from somewhere else than weapon models. They are original and nice.

For anything esle as you said you've got plenty of modification.

F11

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 09:23:20 am »
Hey wait, do you know what mods are?

And i think that MM wanted to do it like that, vietnam maybe for m79? and rambo?

F11

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 09:49:34 am »
It's allready been stated that no more weapons will be added, replaced or the like. Those we have are here to stay, it's what makes soldat soldat. As someone up there allready said, it's what gives it it's charm.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 12:00:51 pm »
I like the feel of Soldat, the way it is. It gives me the feeling of being a soldier in the olden days in mid to late 20th century. It would be cool to have improvements in the games, but new weapon skins? Nah, MM wants it to stay the way it is unless its essential for gameplay improvements (Eg: The Chainsaw used to have shorter range, now with increased melee range it has a slightly longer skin).

If you're desperate for new, modern weapons, I recommend downloading some modifications. For instance, check out Soldat Enhanced v2 - it's a highly recommended mod.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 12:43:31 pm »
Soldat Reborn kicks your ass off.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 01:24:59 pm »
Hey wait, do you know what mods are?

Did you read his post? It starts with:

I know, that there are a lot of modifications, (...)

Btw, MM obviously likes Schwarzenegger and Stallone :) For example: several bots are from Predator movie (Blilly, Dutch, Blain - i think MM added minigun because of Blain using it, but its only my opinion - Poncho, Sgt Mac), we have predator bonus and Rambomatch :D Also manual gives us a clue:

Quote from: Michal Marcinkowski link=http://static.soldat.pl/pl/manual/manual-en.html#LISTA
In a short version I thank: the electric company, my computers, my keyboard, start menu, John Pascal (or whatever his name is), John 'god' Carmack, Bill G., Sylvester S., Arnold S. ...

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 05:51:43 pm »
Yea, it's really a Vietnam kinda style game if you ask me (I thought it was based in Vietnam when I first played, since one of the maps named 'Viet' =P), with weapons dating back from 50s and 60s and stuff.  And inspired by such movies as predator and Rambo.

Modifications make it more modern, so if you want a modern feel, download a good modern Soldat mod you like ;)

With that said, we could even use a good mod (something like Soldat Evolved) that touches up the weapons and keeps that old fashioned Rambo kind of style.  I mean Soldat Evolved is fine, but it's the only one of it's kind (to my knowledge)  ;)  (If this BaraboomSFX/GFX or whatever mod comes out it seems something like this)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 05:53:33 pm by Hair|Trigger »

Player since late 2007

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 09:12:52 pm »
I just thought that the game was a hosh-posh of legendary weapons. Ye olde .45 pistol of WWII fame. The M79. New stuff like Barret. A hunting rifle. Good ol' fashioned chainsaw. Etc. This would take away some of the mystic of soldat.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace